Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WIP (Pottersville) - New Update (8/3/23)

2...Next

Comments

• ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Well, I started play testing this week, and have some more screenshots of the progress. Keep in mind that parts of the world are still unfinished.

Downtown Pottersville:

Screenshot-1603.jpg

Screenshot-1620.jpg

One of the many Late Night venues:

Screenshot-1584.jpg

Gooder School:

Screenshot-1571.jpg

EiFlric.png
  • RogeerLambertRogeerLambert Posts: 3 New Member
    It's pretty impressive! nice building skills :)
    @RogeerLambert : Thank you very much. <3

A few weeks ago, I threw up a YouTube video previewing the world. Keep in mind that it's still nowhere near completed in the video and still looks unpolished. The whole point was to give everyone a general idea of what the world will look like:

https://youtu.be/DnbhUk0qU88
    EiFlric.png
    Some in-game screenshots while playtesting. Remember, the world is still very much unfinished so will look rough in spots:

Screenshot-1649.jpg

Screenshot-1651.jpg

Screenshot-1663.jpg

Screenshot-1644.jpg

EiFlric.png
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Even unfinished Pottersville looks absolutely awesome!! It will be a fabulous new world to explore! :) Love the video by the way <3
    @Hidehi Thank you very much. <3 Here are some more pics of the progress I've made:

Screenshot-1732.jpg

Screenshot-1718.jpg

Screenshot-1608.jpg

Screenshot-1623.jpg

Screenshot-1583.jpg

EiFlric.png
    I've posted a new video update showing the progress I've made in Pottersville. I am about 80% done. I just need to go back into some areas and finesse the layout a little bit, create some families and play test for routing and other issues before exporting.

https://youtu.be/0GqZ_NeWF-Q
    EiFlric.png

Wow!!!! You've been busy :D The video is such a great way to show us around Pottersville. Everything looks just perfect and I can hardly wait to start exploring <3
    @Hidehi Thanks! I have a lot of time during quarantine so I figured I'd put it to good use. Glad you like what you see, and I hope the world meets your expectations. :D
    EiFlric.png
    Hey, everyone!

I've got an update. I'm in the end stages of finishing this world. Right now I'm doing lots of cleaning up, tweaking, etc. to make sure it looks nice and polished upon release.

Some "overview" shots:

Screenshot-2398.jpg

Screenshot-2401.jpg

Screenshot-2242.jpg

Some in-game screenshots while play testing:

Screenshot-2348.jpg

Screenshot-2298.jpg

Screenshot-2243.jpg

EiFlric.png

I don't think you need to do a lot more polishing @ts1depot . Pottersville looks pretty awesome already <3 ... can't wait to download and check it out :)
    edited August 2020
    @Hidehi Thanks, heehee. I guess me talking about polishing the world is my perfectionism talking. Every time I look at it, I keep thinking, "Just one more tree...just one more rock..." I can't help myself, which is why sometimes I have to yell at myself while worldbuilding, "Oh, release it already!" :D
    EiFlric.png
    Just posted a mini video update showing some in-game screenshots as I test:

https://youtu.be/W3WFoqHlmb0
    EiFlric.png

Thank you for posting your awesome video <3 ... trouble is I want to download Pottersville right now because of it!! Your world just looks absolutely fun-tastic !!! :D ... pretty please no more polishing ... just upload it ;) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
    edited August 2020
    Hidehi wrote: ยป

Thank you for posting your awesome video <3 ... trouble is I want to download Pottersville right now because of it!! Your world just looks absolutely fun-tastic !!! :D ... pretty please no more polishing ... just upload it ;) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Hidehi Hehe...don't worry. I won't be sitting on the world too much longer. :D

EiFlric.png
  • LouisaSMLouisaSM Posts: 21 Member
    I honestly cannot even phathom the amount of work that has gone into this world - mind blown! That picture of the lit up bridge is everything!
    @LouisaSM Thanks, and yes, it took a lot of work...I think this might be my last world for awhile. I'm completely wiped!
    EiFlric.png
  • DottyKCDottyKC Posts: 19 Member
    After a few false starts, I'm now getting further into world building. I have a world mostly laid out with roads, lots, and the majority of plants. I've tested a little bit along the way, but do you have any tips for playtesting? Maybe a checklist you always do or things that a beginner might not think to check?
  • DottyKCDottyKC Posts: 19 Member
    Also, I still don't have a few expansions (namely, pets) that I think might change how the world is played or cause problems I can't account for with my playtesting. How could I protect for that? Or should I just accept that this world is just not made to be overrun with horses? =P
    edited September 2020
    After a few false starts, I'm now getting further into world building. I have a world mostly laid out with roads, lots, and the majority of plants. I've tested a little bit along the way, but do you have any tips for playtesting? Maybe a checklist you always do or things that a beginner might not think to check?

@DottyKC If you have any CAW questions, I'd be more than happy to help you if you started new thread. This thread is so I can keep people posted on a world I am building. What will happen is that if I answered your questions here, it'll make people following this thread become confused and think I've posted an update when I haven't. In any event, here is a tutorial that might help you out with your first question: http://www.thesimsdepot.com/sims-3/sims-3-help-center/create-a-world-master-class/create-a-world-tips-and-tricks-the-best-way-to-play-test-your-world/

If you can't start a new thread just yet because of the post limit, just respond to a few other comments to boost your thread count. After that, you can start as many threads as you need. :)
    EiFlric.png
  • SomosvariosSomosvarios Posts: 17 Member
    The world looks amazing!
    @Somosvarios Thank you very much.
    EiFlric.png
    edited February 2023
    Okay, everyone...I know it's been awhile, but believe it or not, I'm back.

Unfortunately, this WIP was completely derailed by both technical difficulties and real life stuff. Things became so bad that I came close to deleting everything the world and never looking back. However, a little part of my brain just kept telling me to not give up on the world and now I can safely say that it's finally back on track.

5a5f544423cbe8f54896e311f23650ce9215b670.jpg

722eca4470a3f9a0880e96122b19cb4bc21b8573.jpg

8c055d3b6a153da26f8f8a2a4eec4a90feaa4f5e.jpg

My apologies to anyone who waited for this WIP.
    EiFlric.png
    So, I finally released this world. You can find updates and download link here: https://www.thesimsdepot.com/sims-3/downloads/worlds/pottersville/
    EiFlric.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top