The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bigger worlds at the expense of Old Saves

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    I have so many saves that I would never want to part with. I wouldn't want to sacrifice that for a feature I'd never use outside Sulani.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    I restart my families every few months or so anyway, so it wouldn't have a huge effect on me. I generally don't go back to play older saves anyway.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    Yes
    You're talking to the Queen of Restarts, here. So, yeah. If I had a save I simply couldn't part with I'd transfer it to a flash drive or something. At least the family. But, from the way the question was worded, our libraries would remain intact, so all of our builds and Sims would be, too. I'm not worried. I would LOVE more room in the worlds. They're just too squishy as they stand today. Far too limited. Sign me up. :D
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    Yes
    I've had to restart my worlds by scratch about 8 times since 2014 so I'm used to it. Also, I learned to make & save in the gallery all my homes, venues, landscapes & scenery lots. Furthermore, I have many varieties of my sims in the gallery.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,322 Member
    No
    Absolutely not. I have many saves/stories, which are important to me. I play many different households in most of them, and I have put a lot of work into editing the lots. I would be very upset if those saves were ruined. I also don't actually want swim-able water in all the worlds. And, I've never minded the loading screens.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    I'm not sure.

How much bigger are we talking about?

I'm not really fond of the idea of giving up my save data like that. I don't think the full family tree gets saved when you house a household from the gallery, does it?

In my game, somehow the great ... great(?) grandmother of my youngest sim is still alive and some of my sims still hang out with her often.

It'd be sad to lose that connection, but not the end of the world.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    No
    Nope. Too many family connections would get severed. And the first generation is already dead. I can't do it.

I really do want swimmable water and more lots though, so if they can figure out a way to add all of that without corrupting anything, I'd love to have it. But never at the expense of the sims and stories I've already established.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Yes
    What they would need to do is create a utility to export all the relationship and save data, and import it into the new world.

I would be fine with this, as long as I could save my households and there was a way to recreate relationships. Actually I'd be fine even if we couldn't restore relationships, if the modding community came up with a solution. But I know this wouldn't work for many people.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    The smallness of the towns appears to be an engine issue, from everything I've read, so that's probably insurmountable. But if they could add stuff to old towns like swimmable waters but in a way that only affected new saves I'd be quite happy with that.

Also, its not clear if we are you are talking about a change that would break old saves or a change that would not affect old saves.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited May 2020
    No
    Absolutely not. It's not worth my saves to me. I have several, all organized by storylines, all more than a generation in, and in no way shape or form do I want to have to deal with setting it up again. Even if it's a seemingly small inconvenience from like adding things from the gallery, for some people that would still be a TON of work. I'd likely stop playing all together if that happened. Wouldn't touch Sims 4 again, ever. My TS3 saves got corrupted and it caused me to stop playing for a few years until 4 came out.

Also, I don't care about swimming. Certainly not enough to break all my saves.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    edited May 2020
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    Absolutely not. It's not worth my saves to me. I have several, all organized by storylines, all more than a generation in, and in no way shape or form do I want to have to deal with setting it up again. Even if it's a seemingly small inconvenience from like adding things from the gallery, for some people that would still be a TON of work. I'd likely stop playing all together if that happened. Wouldn't touch Sims 4 again, ever. My TS3 saves got corrupted and it caused me to stop playing for a few years until 4 came out.

Also, I don't care about swimming. Certainly not enough to break all my saves.

IT IS, if you want to save everything from that previous save, I can tell from experience.

It was worth all that work, and it was fun to figure out how to work around some things to get them back how they were without using cheats, but wouldn't do that again, because now it would be even more work to do if I wanted to save everything than back then.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,937 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    absolutely but only if

1. they inform us first so we can try and save as much as possible (builds we dont have in our gallery libraries etc)

2. they'd use it for open water everywhere or worlds that actually need such overhaul (del sol cheap side, sulani village etc) and rather than making neighborhoods with more shell annoyance theyd replace the shells with some lots
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    Yes
    I would love bigger current worlds than we have right now. I'm not into the legacy playstyle so I can understand why those who do wouldn't want this.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    I don't play generations so would back up everything in the gallery and bask in the glory of bigger worlds and swimmable water!! 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    Perhaps because they're able to upgrade old worlds with pollution and not damage saves, this means they'll be able to upgrade old worlds with swimming and fresh lots soon - they just need to get this out first. It always irritates me that there's so much empty space in some old worlds - not just regular space but unused houses.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Yes
    I don't have any 'old saves' As I start a new game I delete the last but one save so I've only ever got the last two.

What I actually want, and have lobbied several times for, is swimmable water in EVERY world. I mean I live in the UK (where Britechester is based on) and would never swim in a canal like in Britechester, but would swim in the sea off Windenburg or Brindleton Bay.

I am greatly annoyed that this hasn't happened like in Sims 3 :/
  • emma_leeemma_lee Posts: 18 Member
    Yes
    Yes! That wouldn't be a big problem for me, and I would really love swimmable waters an bigger worlds!
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    I really don't get it. The biggest complain about the Sims 4 is the neighborhood and then you get the chance to change it and you vote no? But maybe I don't understand it because I don't have big save files, I always start over because the game is boring AF.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    edited May 2020
    No
    [retracted]
    Post edited by luxsylvan on
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    Yes
    If they were to revisit worlds they may be able to make it so that old saves use the existing format and only newly-created saves have the upgrades.

Alternatively they could do it world-by-world when they have time. If they did Willow Creek first, for example, new saves would get the new version and Willow Creek in existing saves would receive an option to upgrade it from the manage worlds menu (which would come with a warning to save lots to the gallery/ temporarily move households into another world)
    edited May 2020
    No
    [retracted, wrong thread!]
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Yes
    I'm starting over so often with the same families that I wouldn't mind at all.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yes
    I'd do it just to be able to swim in the ocean of brindleton bay alone.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2020
    No
    Absolutely no way. I've been playing the same save for a year or more now with around 20 families and my sims all have friendships, relationships with each other. I don't want to loose that. I don't even use all the lot space we have currently.
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    I don't think I ever played a full sim year in any of my saves. I'm always deleting my mods and save folder every 3 months or so. Most of my gameplay consists of CAS and B&B mode. I'd happily sacrifice old saves if that meant bigger and better worlds.
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably