Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What you think we could use in the sims 5?

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Jaidemoon wrote: »
    (I actually made a WHOLE town based on my book series within Sims3!) but can't even edit it anymore because Windows 10 doesn't support the platform for editing anymore.

You should go to the World Builders section of The Sims 3 here on the forums and ask for help as other world builders have been able to edit their worlds in Windows 10. They'll be able to help you to get Create a World to run and edit your town in Windows 10.

Jaidemoon wrote: »
    The next big thing I miss... Sims Apartments. Building an apartment building with separate units for more than 8 sims to live on. This 8 only per property, personally, I think sucks. (there shouldn't be a limit. I wanted to make my own actual home with my kids and partner but couldn't....why? because there are more than 8 people in my family. (I have 4 kids of my own and my partner has kids of his own and we have foster kids too...) so I couldn't do it unless I split the homes. I just couldn't do it. :S so yeah. I love sims but the concept of open worlds/cities/families etc along with better personalities needs to be a new factor thought of for Sims 5. If it is better and more open then you bet your bottom I will buy every single addition/game/stuff pack like I did sims 4 :D

You can use NRAAS mods:

I want to play a household with more than eight sims in it

Myeuh wrote: »

I don't know what I am doing.. I just want them to let it have a multi-player option.
    Barney111 wrote: »

That wouldnt be a bad thing to add to it!

No, a multiplayer option would be bad. Especially for EA when most of its players leave for Paralives and Paradox Tectonic's life sim games that aren't multiplayer. EA will lose the profits that could have been made if they kept it offline and single player. If it hasn't dawned on the EA CEO yet, the life sim genre is no longer EA's monopoly!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

I don't know what I am doing.. I just want them to let it have a multi-player option.

No, a multiplayer option would be bad. Especially for EA when most of its players leave for Paralives and Paradox Tectonic's life sim games that aren't multiplayer. EA will lose the profits that could have been made if they kept it offline and single player. If it hasn't dawned on the EA CEO yet, the life sim genre is no longer EA's monopoly!

I don't particularly care for multiplayer but it's good thing you'll have options if EA decides to go that route.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't want to be stuck in the same world. Being able to travel from Sulani to San Myshuno is amazing to me and I would hate to go back and be stuck in JUST Sunset Valley (unless you want to erase everything about your Sims relationships) for eternity.

In TS4, since the neighborhoods are so small with only a few lots and a only a few things to do in each, you would HAVE to go neighborhood jumping. Also I wouldn't even call it "traveling" in TS4. You just disappear off-screen in one world and pop up in the next after a loading screen. Pretty boring.

Since TS4 simmers keep lying about TS3, I don't mind telling the truth about it. Even without mods, your sims can still go to France, Egypt, China, the university town, and three versions of the future world, Oasis Landing. And there is actually a way to go other worlds besides those without a mod. With the Traveler mod, it's even easier to go to all the HUNDREDS of TS3 worlds made by Maxis and TS3 fans.

But I want to go on a different angle from what I've written before concerning worlds. One of the greatest features of TS3 is that almost everything can be customized and you can create your own worlds. So let's take the basegame's own world, Sunset Valley. Because of TS3's powerful editing and creation tools, Sunset Valley can be totally renovated.

Here are some examples of TS3 simmers' work on this world....

This renovation of Sunset Valley is pretty amazing, because not only did they add new lots and added all the features from all EPs (including my favorite - diving lots!!!), they added new terrain and islands!!! I freaking love this world!

Here are more great versions of Sunset Valley....

2016 Sunset Valley
    by Tunzz

(Sunset Valley "city-fied")
    Screenshot-7-1.jpg?resize=1024%2C578&ssl=1

Sunset Valley Makeover
    by Mark Connor

(Sunset Valley modernized)
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Sunset Valley 2020
    by Jaga Telesin, MrsFlynn, FlynnArrowstarr

(Sunset Valley optimized, with all EPs, including diving lots!!!!)
    Screenshot-38.jpg

So even if you don't want your sims to go anywhere else, you can still do pretty amazing things with just one world to make it totally different in so many ways, making it fresh again. This is why so many people love this game and still play it after all these years.

Can you do that with TS4?, That's a big, fat NOPE!!! Lol!

-=<*>=-

This is what I want for TS5 - to make everything customizable so that people can be as creative as they can be and even more so than with TS3. Why would I want TS5 to be anything like TS4 that wouldn't allow you this much creative freedom????

Cool, but I don't want to be stuck in the same world for all time, point blank period. Yes I want worlds to be bigger. Yes, I want worlds to be customiziable. But for the love of God, don't trap me there for all time. Let my sims go to San Myshuno for GeekCon if they live in Newcrest. Let them go live in Sulani if they're tired of the cold and snow.

But don't erase everything I've built for them like in Sims 3.

That is why I prefer Sims 4 over Sims 3.

I don't particularly care for multiplayer but it's good thing you'll have options if EA decides to go that route.

Not really, when most of the players leave it for better life sim games out there. Also, it's been already mentioned that to have a multiplayer option would limit the features of the game to accommodate it (just look at TS4!) and it would split the focus away from the single player side.

I remember when TS4 simmers would say that it's okay if the game doesn't have resorts, has flat snow, rabbithole scuba diving, etc. etc., basically going along with whatever EAxis wanted for the game. Look where all that went. The game is constantly on sale now and even given away free because no one really likes it. People now are looking more and more to Paralives and Paradox Tectonic for a better life sim game that has all the features missing from TS4 - and they're not even finished yet!

It's obvious that EA is insisting on making TS5 multiplayer, but honestly, it will just fail again like all their past attempts, all the potential profits lost. Sad really.

Cool, but I don't want to be stuck in the same world for all time, point blank period. Yes I want worlds to be bigger. Yes, I want worlds to be customiziable. But for the love of God, don't trap me there for all time. Let my sims go to San Myshuno for GeekCon if they live in Newcrest. Let them go live in Sulani if they're tired of the cold and snow.

But don't erase everything I've built for them like in Sims 3.

That is why I prefer Sims 4 over Sims 3.

You're never stuck in the same world in TS3 if you don't want to be. Without mods, we can still go to other worlds provided in the EPs. We can also go to other worlds without a mod by switching in a world for one of the other vacation worlds. We can travel to any and all of the hundreds of TS3 worlds created and retain all relationships with the Traveler mod. Sorry if you're stuck on the idea of not using mods (which you absolutely need a ton for TS4, by the way), but it won't hold back any TS3 simmers from using it. It is FACT that TS3 simmers have more and better options with TS3 than TS4 simmers have with TS4. Why do you think TS3 still sells well even when it is 10 years old?

Because look at the TS4 tiny neighborhoods - you only have a handful of whatever EA wants to give you compared to the hundreds of amazing worlds for TS3. You can't make your own, can't even edit the handful of tiny neighborhoods TS4 has. Also each tiny TS4 neighborhood has only a few lots and a few things to do in each - if the buggy gameplay actually worked.

I mean, let me ask you - even though you can jump around from place to place, how long do you stay in each tiny TS4 neighborhood? What do you do in that neighborhood that would make you stay there for a substantial amount of time when there isn't a whole lot to do (that even works), when there isn't much to explore? ....Yeah, see where I'm going with that? It is SO BORING!

In TS3, there's a ton of things to do in each world, tons of WORKING gameplay - even without mods. And we can still jump around to other worlds!

So even though you say you prefer TS4 over TS3 for ease of jumping around the tiny neighborhoods in TS4, I don't see why since there isn't much to do in each one.

I love the Sims 3 but I actually prefer the world setup in the Sims 4. I like to think of the worlds in TS4 as neighborhoods. I have certain community lots in each world/neighborhood and relatives and friends spread out in different worlds/neighborhoods. The location/proximity determines when I'm able to travel to a particular world. One of my fancy restaurants is located in San Myshuno and necessitates a weekend date night to the city. As does my spa which is reserved for Saturday visits or meet ups with the girlfriends. My one library is located in another neighborhood but close enough so that the kids can go to the library after school to study and do their homework or visit friends. Traveling to Sulani is a day long adventure of beach activities and meals at a seafood restaurant. I even have a working hotel so that a 2 day overnight visit is possible.
  • ScantiBelzeScantiBelze Posts: 1 New Member
    -More of a mystical presence. I miss The Sims 2 Magic because it had an entwined sense of culture, with the secret world we could travel to, that had strange plants and monsters walking around. I would love Sims 5 to have werewolves, vampires (duh), witches/wizards (naturally), necromancers, druids, dwarves, centaurs/satyrs, psychics, etc. We should also have jobs associated with the magical world, like Dragon Tamer or Apothecary. If we could have pet dragons, griffins, and whatnot, so much the better!

-Vehicles! Vehicles vehicles vehicles. I miss needing to decide between driving and paying for a taxi. Always seemed more realistic to me, and made gameplay more interesting. Plus I loved using my sports car to accessorize my house.

-I will echo those before me: I miss the personality options of Sims 2.

-More in-game stories! The aliens, the intrigue with the Goths and the Calientes, were all abandoned in Sims 4, and now the game overall is more boring. Where's the random UFO in the sky? With how computers have upgraded, why do my Sims never get abducted, or come down with strange area-related conditions?

-Why did the fire department disappear? Also police. I hated being burgled, but at least it was realistic. You'd think San Myshuno would have come with all this!

-Easier controls while building houses! I also miss automatic roofs; building roofs suck.

-I've always wanted to be able to have drugs and alcohol abuse. Having a Mac makes me skeptical to try mods, lol.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I love the Sims 3 but I actually prefer the world setup in the Sims 4. I like to think of the worlds in TS4 as neighborhoods. I have certain community lots in each world/neighborhood and relatives and friends spread out in different worlds/neighborhoods. The location/proximity determines when I'm able to travel to a particular world. One of my fancy restaurants is located in San Myshuno and necessitates a weekend date night to the city. As does my spa which is reserved for Saturday visits or meet ups with the girlfriends. My one library is located in another neighborhood but close enough so that the kids can go to the library after school to study and do their homework or visit friends. Traveling to Sulani is a day long adventure of beach activities and meals at a seafood restaurant. I even have a working hotel so that a 2 day overnight visit is possible.

I'm with you on this. Sims 3 is a lot of fun and I still play it often enough, but I do miss the world set up of TS4 while I'm there.

And before I get jumped all over about mods. I don't use mods, I won't use mods. Maxis/EA should make those things. It's great what the modding community does and I'm glad people enjoy them but I can choose to not use them.

Origin ID: Peapod79

That's less than a sim week's worth of stuff to do jumping around TS4's tiny neighborhoods. I'm sorry, but.... Smh, no wonder people get quickly bored of it.

You can stay in one TS3 world for weeks, months and not get bored of it since it has so many different things to do in them. And on top of that, we can still send our sims to other TS3 worlds of all different sizes and different environments with or without mods.

But this thread isn't about the iterations that already have been made. It's about what TS5 needs. I say that it needs 100% open world with a Create-A-World ability. That way, if people want just a series of open neighborhoods with some loading screens in between, they can build that. But for those who want huge open worlds with only one loading screen at the beginning, it would be fully possible as well. This will allow for both open and closed world players to play one sim game. It would also allow the greatest variety of computers to play it as well. For those with lower end computers, they can build and play smaller open neighborhoods (there are some small TS3 worlds created and those load very quickly and runs well, but God forbid that people find that out and buy TS3 instead of ts4), and the better, higher-end computers can build and play the much larger worlds. TS5 should also include an in-built traveling system so that we wouldn't have to mod it in or limit us to just a few so we can sends our sims to whatever small neighborhood or large world or anything else in between.

Greatly ideas. Hoping the Sims 5 will deliver everything you're hoping for. 👍
    Greatly ideas. Hoping the Sims 5 will deliver everything you're hoping for. 👍

I'm really hoping for this. It would bring the whole community back together! Instead of pitting against each other about which iterations are better, we would be more focused on helping each other out and build all different types of worlds to suit all players and their computers.

It would also make EA happy because more people will buy the game (unless they make it an online multiplayer game, then they will have lost a good chunk of the simming community AGAIN).

• StripedSimsStripedSims Posts: 23 Member
    Open World. This is a very commonly shared want in the community. You feel like a member of a town and community. Even if we just get open neighborhoods or something.

Better business integration. The way that businesses and shops were just dropped on us was horrible. They don't seem thought out at all.

Restaurants in base game... This one feels like a no brainer to me, Restaurants are SUCH a big part of life, and the fact that they weren't base game was so strange.

Better Builds. I know the sims team says building isn't their top priority, but the builds included in the game are horrendous. I know there's object limits, but the exteriors are such eyesores.

Bunk beds, Spiral Staircases, supernatural pack.

Better packs... The spa day pack and Bowling pack should have been apart of an expansion pack. Bowling could have been apart of university as opposed to its own pack. In the Sims 3 we got such full and fun packs, and in the sims 4... the packs seem so full of fluff and no real purpose.

Newspaper. This was such a good feature in the sims 3 that was lost in ts4. It would be good to hear about town gossip/ things like that. Also just having the kid bring you the paper was so cute.

CASt. This one is so obvious and it was so tragic that it got removed. Matching outfits and matching furniture is so hard. If I want my sim to be wearing leopard print, I either have to get cc, or use something in a style I don't like. CASt just adds such a strong sense of realism that is missed in the Sims 4

Real Glamor and Luxury. Sims 4 Get Famous was supposed to come off as luxurious and full of celebrities and glamour. Get famous had such ugly tacky furniture and the appeal of it was so tacky and cheesy. Celebrities come off more like clowns as opposed to socialites. This is a life simulation game, not a Saturday Night Live sketch. I want mansions to be glamorous and boujee, not full of cheesy tacky furniture.

No more story packs. I know for me at least, Strangerville is so pointless. If I'm playing a life simulation game, then why am I playing a pre picked out storyline.

More meaty packs. The sims 3 Packs were so full of things to do and the ts4 ones are very lackluster. Ex: Sims 3 Island PAradise came with houseboats, ladders, hotels, resorts, paddleboat, speedboat, snorkeling, lifeguards, mermaids, treasure, beach parties, poolside bars, and more. This list just puts sims 4 island living to shame. How are we moving ahead in time, where technology improves, and getting worse with packs.

Sims Shop. I know not everyone feels this way, but the Sims 3 shop was so good. You could buy certain items you liked, new sets, CAS sets, worlds. It was awesome to pick and choose what you as opposed to having 9365 stuff packs like we do in the sims 4.

More micro animations. The sims 2 had so many incredible, and realistic, animations. Cuddling, The Tv falling off the wall, Car details, Couches slumping as sims laid in them, hair animation, Opening drawers while cooking. The sims 4 animations seem so choppy and quickly done, which takes away from the realism.

The smooth look of the sims 4

More different looking children. 90% of children in the sims 4 look the same. They look too cartoony.

Height difference

Younger looking teens. Teens and YA have no visual difference, when they should.

Pre-teens

Walk style is boring and looks too cartoony. The normal walking style should be in Sims 5

Heterochromia and Vitiligo. More personalized things. People are so diverse, and we want sims to be just as unique as us.

Layering jackets/coats

Less townie outfit possibilities. No more townies in fingerless gloves with bulky jewelry and sun hats.

More traits.

Better sims. The sims 4 big selling point was emotions. They overwhelm your sim and take over their personality. The way they affect your sims comes off as too cartoony. They override their personality and make the game more stale.

More traits/Favorites/Zodiac signs.

More random lore.

Bonehelda (more random lore)

Moodslets

More relationships from cas.

Less... lag? The sims 3 runs optimally on my computer but in the sims 4, my sims just stand around for hours before they complete actions. I spend hours of my sims day waiting for actions to happen.

Robbers/Firefighters.

More sim interactions. Sims 3 had so many different things to do between sims and sims 4 feels boring. The interactions between sims seem so unrealistic and bland, Holding hands while walking, Siblings fighting more, tag, Wallball, gender reveal parties, Putting report cards on the fridge.
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    > @Barney111 said:
    >

I would like this as well but I know it never happened which is why I left . Playing by myself is a bit boring but bring that up and you get jumped on.

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
    > @Barney111 said:
    >

I would like this as well but I know it never happened which is why I left . Playing by myself is a bit boring but bring that up and you get jumped on.

There's a multiplayer mod for TS4 already. If you have TS4, you can do this now.

I'd rather have TS4 be multiplayer since it was originally meant to be multiplayer in the first place. That's why it is so bare bones and has a limited game engine.

With TS5, I want it to have a much more powerful game engine that can do a lot more and allow the devs to add great gameplay and other features. I also want it be moddable. You can't really do any of that if it is going to be a multiplayer game.

• RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    I don't personally feel like there should even be a Sims 5. I don't know about anyone else, but going through the process of waiting on expansions for 5 years at a time since the year 2000 is wearing on my sanity and I can't do it anymore, and I'm also not rich lol I would prefer they simply perfect Sims 4 indefinitely by adding things to it, and also give us a remastered 64 bit Sims 3.
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Definitely open world. That is a must for me. The game lacks a lot by not having it. I think also having more realism added back in. Just small details like being able to drive a car or get on the school bus would be so awesome. I also wish that they would bring back at least some form of customization to furniture and or Sims clothing. I can understand if they don't bring back the color wheel for Sim's physical appearance bc that is a lot and can be mitigated through cc. However being able to design custom patterns for furniture was always a little touch that I always enjoyed. I like the addition of social clubs to TS4 but, I wish that in TS5 it would be a standard base game feature. I wish they would bring back the mood scale from TS3 in addition to the moodlets from TS4. For example, you may be inspired but overall how are you doing? Are you inspired but not feeling the greatest bc your husband didn't clean up after dinner? I think it shouldn't be an either or but a combination of the two.
    Finally more investment into making babies/toddlers, children, and teens more developed. I'm talking learning to drive, enforced curfew, interactions with babies, sleepovers, after school activities/clubs. The works.
    EA, just spend time creating a good game from the jump. Don't give us a half built game that we have to either buy EPs and stuff packs to make enjoyable or wait for years of updates bc you are building the game while we play it.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    I'll echo a sentiment... story progression. Unless you plan to have one kid and only one kid per generation, a lot gets full quickly when three kids grow up, marry and stay in the same house. That leaves only two slots for kids. Moving them out just means they do nothing but age. They don't go to work, they don't earn money, they don't fall in love/get married/have kids without having to physically play it myself... or use MC Command Center. But even that mod doesn't quite work the way I'd prefer, but beggars cannot be choosers.

We need more personality development. Three slots is good, but unless you complete an aspiration with a bonus trait, buy one with aspiration points, or cheat to add one, you kind of get to a point where all the sims feel kind of the same. Yeah some are kleptomaniacs, some are romantic, but they all feel like they're the same person with a slightly different buff depending on the time of day/what they just did. The parenthood personality stuff is nice, but I'd love to see expanded personality traits and trait slots for more unique sim creating.

A deeper game. I've said this a few times in a few places recently, but there needs to be more depth to the game. I feel like the only real motives in the game are to grow up, have kids, make money, and keep doing that until you get bored and create a new sim to do it all over again. I just also feel that the aspirations need more depth. I can knock off several of them in a sim's lifetime. If this is someone's life goal, they're not all that easy to attain. And in TS4 it feels like it was made needlessly easier than it every should've been to attain these life goals. And the work from home feature isn't really working from home. It's basically do a chore and get paid. Expanding the game laterally is great, but deepening the game would be best in my humble opinion.

I agree on all of your points. Story progression is a must. And in a more controlled manner than what MCCC does. I don't want there to be a whole town of half siblings. I want to watch my Sims friends also fall in love and get married. I want their kids to have sleepover and grow up together.
    I also liked the wider array of traits in TS3. What ever happened to traits like never naked and daredevil? Those were where it was at lol. I do tend to get bored when Sims in my games start to all seems to just become shades of the same personality.
    Aspirations, in my opinion, were soooooo much better developed in TS3. I liked having to work my Sim's whole life to accomplish their overarching goal. It should be a process that takes time and work. I don't think you should be able to accomplish 3, 4, 5 in a single Sim's lifetime. Make them feel like real accomplishments again.

~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • 4xel4xel Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2020
    - Open world
    - Story progression. Inheritance system so that wealth is not destroyed when a household with relatives wither. Dynasties that make a decent attempt to survive and pass on their wealth, both material and cultural (cultivated wealthy families should have the ability and the will to provide a better than average education to their progeniture, and have it more skilled as a consequence).
    - Bring back TS2 personalities. Traits are really good, being able to talk about what happened to them recently as well, and they could remain. But TS2 personnalities really don't cost much to implement and really made sims very unique; they were able to chat about more than there job, their 2,3 interest and their short term memories, and have more than on and off interest, their chit chat were usually deeper than TS3 "deep" conversation about favorite colors. Emotions are nice and all, but if Sims have a personality so shallow it cna be summed up in 3 traits, it's just like bad acting from empty shells. Traits allow to perform a few gimmicky actions. TS2 personallities potentially add a tweak to each everyday live action
    - Better relationships. TS has it right that relationship are not linear, and romance, though not completely orthogonal to friendship, is an other dimension. But it could go further. You could have social kinship (a hobo will have a hard time being invited by rich people, let alone marry one; at least among those who follow the norm). You could have physical attraction, which instead of being a static and universal compound of fitness, alchemy and perks, could evolve when sims interacting with each other or witnessing each other dancing, acting, practicing sports (all with modifiers according to their personalities)
    - Better autonomy. A Sim left on their own with every thing they need available should be able to consistently go to the bathroom and survive hunger and embarassement. Would also help implementing better relationships and personalities without overwhelming the user with menues.
    - Memories. Any system is great, just keep it up. Also, more memory interaction, reminisce could be an actual memory rather than just a generic action you do with old friend; bring back the diary (having every sim wanting to vlog is ok, having every sim keeping a pen a paper diary probably isn't though, so I guess you'd need good personalities to make it believably uncommon)
    - meaningful conversations. be able to ask Sims more than their job, their partner and their astrological sign. That three are great, but not sufficient. Ask about children (and learn a thing or two about them each time you do), talk about friends, have "get to know" interaction that have you actually get to know the other Sims (requires something to know in the first plaace, so again, better personalities).
    Post edited by 4xel on
    > @PlayerSinger2010 said:
    > I don't want to be stuck in the same world. Being able to travel from Sulani to San Myshuno is amazing to me and I would hate to go back and be stuck in JUST Sunset Valley (unless you want to erase everything about your Sims relationships) for eternity.

This does not have to be the case. WA and University had your sims travel to other towns without losing your relationships. That base TS3 happens to have it that way does not mean that open world or neighborhood is incompatible with moving out
    edited May 2020
    deleted (merged to limit double posting)
    Post edited by 4xel on
  • SimSurvivalistSimSurvivalist Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't know if this is even possible, but I would love to see custom difficulty levels so people could choose how challenging they want the game to be without resorting to mods. It'd be nice to have sliders or settings that let you decide whether you want sims to earn a lot of money or a little money at work, how difficult career advancement is, how difficult it is to earn new skills, bill amounts, etc.

I'm a generational player, but I like it to be difficult for my sims, especially in the beginning, and it would be nice if the game would allow for that (while still having an easier option for those who don't like to play that way) so I didn't have to find mods and worry about whether or not they're going to break my game, especially after a new patch.

I'd also like to see a lot more careers. There are two ways I could see this working. One would be to build some sort of a custom career tool within the Sims interface so you can type out the descriptions and choose skill requirements for each level (degree requirements and possibly age requirements should be options as well) and then you can add chance cards and add your own careers right into the game. You should also be able to modify existing careers if there's something you don't like about them.

Another option would be to maybe create a new type of pack called a Career Pack or something and have these packs focus on new careers with active options for those who want them, new career and skill objects, and new skills. People could customize their game with the jobs they wanted and ignore the ones they didn't, just like they can with Stuff Packs now. Each pack could revolve around a theme, like healthcare careers, adventurous careers, food careers, etc.

Again, I know nothing about the technical aspects of creating a game like The Sims, so I don't know how difficult any of this would be to make, but it would be very cool to see.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    Other than the gallery, throwing any kind of multiplayer feature out the window, and solely focusing on a single-player life simulation. Of course, given rumors, and that this game is already well into development, we know that's probably not gonna happen.

While most games in the Sims franchise are serious with a side of comedy, TS4 is exactly the opposite. I want realism with a bit of humor. Not a bad parody of life like TS4 is.

Sims: a more photorealistic model for the Sims; nothing cartoon-like. Traiting, and behaviors should be a mix of the TS2 and TS3 system. TS2 attraction system. Same as, if not more traits than TS3 allows us to add. Wants/Fears as well.

Gameplay. Multitasking is a great feature of TS4. TS2 has very detailed animations for everything Sims do. TS4 UI could use a little work, but only because with a new game should be an improved UI. And, uh, cars should be in an early EP.

Worlds. Big ones. Some of us may already have seen the feature in Paralives where the player is allowed to set lot sizes. Thus, they should not be fixed. Thus, if I want houses right up on top of each other, or rural farms with lots of green space; I can do that. TS4 worlds have way too much buffer. Open worlds.

Features. Well, cars. Sims shouldn't really have a cellphone, until they purchase it. EPs should focus on adding meaningful features to the game, and be interoperable wtih features in other games. Their features solely shouldn't focus on the world it is shipped with. Closed-ended storylines, like in Strangerville, have no place in the type of game The Sims is. Vacation worlds should be any world in the game, not purpose-built. If a vacation pack is done, it should have an AirBnB type feature, that allows them to rent vacatation homes from other Sims as well as own residential/camping lots in other worlds.
    Other features:

World Builder from the start. TS2 and TS3 both have this feature, TS4 doesn't.

I would take the "Sim Stories" feature to a whole new level; by having the option to upload a photo and the game automatically create a Sim based on it. I stink at doing facial features; and body proportions are usually all wrong.
    Post edited by cody6268 on
  • ljbnomadljbnomad Posts: 11 New Member
    I like creating detailed toons, and I also love creating the housing - and I understand you can also create shops, clubs, etc. What I would like to see is more than that. Now, I haven't played all that long, and I know there is supposed to be a little bit of directed action in Strangerville and the Jungle Adventures, but I would like to see a lot more (fairly simple, though) tasks/quests to enhance the sims life. And more places, and that Create a World that has been mentioned, and the given neighborhoods with at least 10-12 more slots each, plus as part of the base game at least 2-4 empty neighborhoods. Maybe also an easy neighborhood 'copier'.

So, for instance, I would, as a person who is OCD, like to have the base neighborhoods I 'but' in the base game and packs. I would like to be able to copy either the existing neighborhood as is OR as a fully empty one, and in the SAVE save section. I would like, in addition with what the Sims can do now, to have loads more activities and places to explore. I would like more interactive items for activities. I would like to have a number of simple work, education, travel, creative, and scavenger hunt, and mysterious quests that let the sims use their personalities to reveal things and have places to go and things to do besides just work and automatic swimming and stuff.
  • Hiplicious1Hiplicious1 Posts: 6 New Member
    One thing I would like to see them bring back in TS5 is more pets. We used to be able to go horse back riding and take our dogs to training competitions, raise a fox if we wanted to...I would even like to see some goats and chickens so i could have an actual farm.