Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria Gates open for friends right now. Nook's will close in about 20 mins.

aww thanks...I'm currently getting my kid to bed though so I won't make it by then so I guess I'll miss it. My gates are open too though, so if you need a store later my Nook's has a couple more hours haha
    Sorry about that. :/ I probably could have just bought it for you. I've been busy tonight trying to organize my flower beds. If you're still open in a bit I'll come visit ya.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @SimAlexandria I tried to find you to say hello but I couldn't. The game wouldn't let me message you either... weird.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    haha weird!! Could you get onto my island? maybe cuz i'm not using my switch?
    edited May 2020
    okay so apparently the 5x5 garden grids don't work very well.
    New guide is posted here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd1ECcG9pmw
    Chart: https://imgur.com/a/ptCPgVK
    edited May 2020
    I just got KK slider to agree on a concert! And my island has increased to 3 star now. Was hoping that'd unlock terraforming and pathways but not yet I guess haha

Okay looking it up, KK should come tomorrow and then after that Terraforming will unlock!!!
    Sooo...

New Horizons... I like most my villagers but had to take Hippeux. I don't really like him, couldn't stand him at first but he was my first campsite villager so to progress I had to take him in. I've gotten used to him. I like his house, but he's still my least favourite lol. I was even starting to like him a bit... but...

Decided yesterday to restart New Leaf... and besides my starters first villager moving in... is Hippeux!!! OMGosh! Now I'm just annoyed at him lol. Is he stalking me? haha!

Oh well, I have my Rosie in NH and Ankha in NL so I'm happy.

Norma said she wanted to move out today but I asked her to stay. I was torn as there are so many more villagers I love and want to get, but I've really gotten attached to her. I think I have a problem... there's so many more villagers I want, but I'm too attached to any of them to let them leave lol!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm addicted to digging up manilla clams. 🤪 Funny how I never seemed to notice them before.

I have Raymond. I like him okay but don't get why he's so popular.

I've had success with the 5x5 flower grid but will check out the new video.
    edited May 2020
    I'm addicted to digging up manilla clams. 🤪 Funny how I never seemed to notice them before.

I've had success with it too but apparently it won't get ALL the hybrids or it'll take longer haha. I dunno. I'm using 5x5's now but might switch it up. And that's my opinion on Raymond too haha! I'm fairly indifferent towards him.

Oh I get it! I use Manilla clams all the time and it's pretty relaxing. I LOVE catching them! I caught 75 of them last night as I needed a LOT of fish bait to catch the Golden Trout for my museum. I finally got it with only 2 bait left of the 75 I made!!!! So 73 tries. But after the first 50ish I watched a video that suggested that while the guides all say you have to catch it at the highest point of your island, some people are finding it easier on the second level and it might depend on your island, so that's what I tried and that's where I finally found mine!!!

I also found out that if you want a golden axe you have to have an axe break on you 100 times, so I should be using a flimsy axe instead of stone one to harvest trees so it breaks quicker haha. I switched this mornign and went through 5 axes on my island and didn't quite finish my trees lol!
    Haha I'm selling all the fish I catch. I'll work on filling the museum after I get all the stuff I want from Nooks Cranny. And all the cute outfits. 😄
    Haha I'm selling all the fish I catch. I'll work on filling the museum after I get all the stuff I want from Nooks Cranny. And all the cute outfits. 😄

My first of each bug/fish/fossil always goes to the museum haha!

I love the cute animals but now that I can download any outfit free from the computer thing in Abels I don't worry as much about buying every single one as when Mabel was visiting haha! I have more cute clothes than I can ever wear at this point haha! Though I've started buying new outfits for my villagers that I think would look good on them. It's fun to see them wearing them around and changing in and out of them all at different times.

Nook's hasn't had much I want yet, but I think there will be more when it upgrades... at any rate I'm excited to be able to buy shovels/axes/etc that aren't "flimsy" hahaha!!!
    What is this free clothing download? 😮

Here's a cool tool that will help you pick clothing gifts for your villagers.
    https://nookplaza.net/tools
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member

I will gladly take him off your hands! For me, I just think he's one of the cuter cats. I find it really annoying how many ugly cats there are in this game. I love his glasses and his little waistcoat. 🥰

I read Nookplaza's friendship guide and was all ready to start shooing away Nate and Olaf, but then I accidentally spoke to Nate and he gave me medicine for my wasp stings 🥺 Nobody ever gives medicine for my wasp stings! So now I feel kind of guilty ._. He wouldn't even be that bad, if it weren't for his eyebrows. Plus he's my third bear and I don't want Seacow Bay to turn into Bear City.

But in more fun news, I went out to the islands and found Zucker on my third trip out! So he'll be moving in tomorrow. I kind of wanted to go out and find more, but I also want to make the excitement of new villagers coming last for as long as possible. I haven't even had my first real campsite visitor yet and I'm already at 6 once Zucker moves in!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    What is this free clothing download? 😮

Here's a cool tool that will help you pick clothing gifts for your villagers.
    https://nookplaza.net/tools

In Abel's shop, not sure if you need switch online or not, beside the dressing rooms there is a big pinkish computer screen type thing lit up. If you go to it you can connect to the internet and put in codes to get free clothes that other creators have made. You can find codes online that people post. That's where my Blathers outfit came from haha

You can use the code for the outfit only, or use the creators ID to see all their designs. There's several online lists of cool ones.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/best-animal-crossing-new-horizons-design-codes/

https://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-horizons/Custom_Designs_-_Cool_Creator_IDs_and_Design_IDs

And thanks for the link! I'll have to do that. I've been trying to get several new outfits and furniture for each of my villagers. Also I give them door hangers so they will decorate their front doors haha. I wish we had the option to give them gifts more often but I use the talking to them and mail options. I made the mistake at first of giving them all fish and bugs just to see if they'd give me stuff in return, not realising they'd actually use and decorate their homes with the stuff so now they all live in aquariums and bug farms as their homes are overrun with critters LOL!!! I kinda wish the Sims had this feature, where if I gave other unplayed Sims a gift they would actually have it up in their home later
  • dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    random but i legit love pashmina, she was one of my starter villagers and i just vibe with her and agh she is my favorite villager. im not that far in the game even though i got it on its release date, though, because i just like to... take things slow? oh, and because i couldnt get any iron to open nooks cranny for like a week
    i like anime and stuff
    random but i legit love pashmina, she was one of my starter villagers and i just vibe with her and agh she is my favorite villager. im not that far in the game even though i got it on its release date, though, because i just like to... take things slow? oh, and because i couldnt get any iron to open nooks cranny for like a week

I don't have her, but I used to in my old New Leaf file, I like her too :D
    Yeah I only give them fruit and clothing or furniture that matches what they already have.
    Yeah I only give them fruit and clothing or furniture that matches what they already have.

I don't necessarily make the clothing match as long as I think it suits that villager haha, but the furnitutre I do now. I just wish I realised before my first fwe villargers got houses full of fish haha! 1 aquarium looks cool... 5 of them in a home all over is a bitmuch ;)

I UNLOCKED TERRAFORMING!!!!

I don't necessarily make the clothing match as long as I think it suits that villager haha, but the furnitutre I do now. I just wish I realised before my first fwe villargers got houses full of fish haha! 1 aquarium looks cool... 5 of them in a home all over is a bitmuch ;)

I UNLOCKED TERRAFORMING!!!!

Congratulations!

I don't know if anyone still needs fruit, but I have a little of all 6 kinds.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited May 2020
    Oh no. Something else I need to work on. 🤪
    Framed photos of my favorite villagers.
    https://youtu.be/EqpjSjq6u4M
    Oh no. Something else I need to work on. 🤪
    Framed photos of my favorite villagers.
    https://youtu.be/EqpjSjq6u4M

I have photos of all mine! They are posters though, not framed. I'll have to watch to see how to make them frames
    edited May 2020
    You can't make them. Once you reach a certain level of friendship the villager will give you a framed photo.
    edited May 2020
    You can't make them. Once you reach a certain level of friendship the villager will give you a framed photo.

ah okay!!! I figured it'd be a diy, using the posters you order and wood haha. Well hopefully I'll get there at some point!
    Ah, I'm so excited! I realllly wanted the Dreamy sweater like Marina wears for my own villager and Pinky gave it to me today! I've only been playing a week and a half! I never would have thought of get it so soon.

dreamy-sweater.e4871eb.png
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Ah, I'm so excited! I realllly wanted the Dreamy sweater like Marina wears for my own villager and Pinky gave it to me today! I've only been playing a week and a half! I never would have thought of get it so soon.

That reminds me of a Mabel sweater, very cute!
    suRdkSd.jpg
    swcheppes wrote: »

That reminds me of a Mabel sweater, very cute!

Oh my gosh, you right! I totally didn't think of that lol

Mabel_Pines.png
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top