Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ladders!

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2020
    I honestly fail to see the appeal of ladders. Simmers get excited about weird things. I'm looking forward to the pack though. :D
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I honestly fail to see the appeal of ladders. Simmers get excited about weird things. I'm looking forward to the pack though. :D

I'm already eying all my small houses with a view to using up the extra 6 tiles or more I'll have! lol Maybe it's a builder thing.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

I've had more than one build where I've wanted to add an attic but didn't have room for stairs/adding stairs would make the attic pointless. I'm not super excited for them, but I can see new building possibilities.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited May 2020
    I wonder if they will transfer the ladder animation to bunk beds eventually? This will make A LOT of people happy.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I wonder if they will transfer the ladder animation to bunk beds eventually? This will make A LOT of people happy.

This has been my thought. If sims can climb ladders (and apparently slidedown them haha) they could use bunk beds one day :D
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have hidden underground tunnels in my Granite Falls/Camp Blood combo. They need ladders for so many reasons, mostly hiding the openings. But I have other places where ladders would be more convenient.

I think bunkbeds are complicated because ultimately two sims are using one sleeping space, possibly waking at two different times. It's not the animation Devs are having trouble with.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Finally! I would like there to be at least 4 different style options to choose from, I need those in different kinds of buildings.

I also think bunk beds might be coming soon.. or at least I hope so. Those are really needed.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

I'm glad there will be ladders. I wonder if toddlers can use them though?
    However that's not the selling point for me on this new pack. It looks like there is a ton of really cool stuff and game-play. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited May 2020
    Would be funny if a Sim with "Clumsy" had a chance of falling off a ladder.
    Or perhaps a "ladder climbing" skill 1-5. The more skilled the less chance of falling with 5 having no chance. Also gives a little bit of fitness every time using a ladder.

If I ever get into making mods, that's one I'd think about. If I every do, I'd rather work with others since making a mod like that is alot of work.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2020
    What’s funny about the ladders is that now people will expect bunk beds which well.... than we will get them or not if we do, than there will be complaining about how they should of did it back in so and so pack lol oh the vicious cycle of the never ending pony fight.
    What’s funny about the ladders is that now people will expect bunk beds which well.... than we will get them or not if we do, than there will be complaining about how they should of did it back in so and so pack lol oh the vicious cycle of the never ending pony fight.

:D:D:D
    Yep! :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member

I'm honestly wondering why too. Sure, I can build tiny houses and use ladders for a sleeping loft or something, but its not something I'll use in any of my played houses. None of my played sims live small. I want enough space for everything they could possibly need, like every kind of skill objects and what have you. But by all means, the more stuff the better. Maybe I'll find a use for them, who knows.
    @Kathykins @Sharonia I would like to have ladders in this building instead of stairs. It goes down underground 4 levels also. I haven't done anything with it yet, it was mostly an experiment. I'm open to suggestions. :)

DqJJ8wl.png
    jNCWWWl.png
    Rh9yKkJ.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm looking forward to making Attic rooms, lofts, better houseboats & very tiny homes without needing to build stairs.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I can almost remake my U-boat house (from Sims3)... ALMOST. Just need those (crew) bunkbeds for the kids!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I make so many fake ladders that lead up to loft platforms using that chameleon of a plain wall shelf. I’m so much looking forward to having them actually work!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member

As person who keeps building super small cottage houses and such they have been on my list since start i simply can't build without them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

I'm glad there will be ladders. I wonder if toddlers can use them though?
    However that's not the selling point for me on this new pack. It looks like there is a ton of really cool stuff and game-play. ;)

yeet the toddler down :lol:
    itd be real struggle even irl to get a toddler down ladder though so I am not exactly mad if toddlers can't use them but kids should be able to
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I'm way more into spiral staircases, but I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of fun building with ladders.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so love building & I'm glad they finally added a proper ladder, even though it's a year late since Island Living. I now can finally build my boathouse.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Definitely looking forward to testing them out, but keeping my hopes down. It may look better than it is.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    Can finally add backyard treehouses to my family builds yay
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I hope they implement them better than they did with the obnoxious bikes.
  • zetazeta Posts: 21 Member
    I look forward to use them my buildings.

I want to make this:
    https://pin.it/1SwhGBJ
    edited May 2020
    due to trailers confirmed:

1. ladders only take 1 tile (and somewhere to get off) upstairs to function

(assumption same downstairs but no confirmation)

2.you can place object and wall next to ladder

(no idea if the side matters)

3. ladders can be placed in the middle of rooms they don't have to be next to wall

not sure about:

sims seemed to slide down the ladders weirdly?