Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More City Living Worlds?

2...Next

Comments

• xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited May 2020
    I want more worlds with apartments
    I'd like one that has both suburbs & apartments.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    I love city anything! So yes, I would love more worlds with apartments, or the ability to build apartments in any world and not just SM. <3
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't want more worlds with apartments
    I lived in an apartment for nine long years in my early adulthood. I hate apartment living. Plus, the apartments are all too squishy for my taste. I like to move the camera around when I play. I even tried to remodel a house I downloaded the other day and I had such a hard time I scrapped the project. Instead, I opened up a brand new save and built the house I wanted. Yeah, it's entirely too large for most people's taste, but I feel as if I can move around and see what I need to see. Plus, the back garden is really coming together for me. I'm really bad at landscaping, so for me to like what I'm doing is a good thing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    It's not necessarily just the apartments that's the draw for me but the city life and lifestyle that appeals.

I also enjoy suburban and rural settings.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Or the build option to build an apartment in existing world would be nice like in S2 or S3
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I think it would be nice to build apartments like in TS2, not necessarily for apartment buildings, but for townhouses kind of builds where you can find 2-3 houses on the same lot and where you could move in several playable households.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Capture8-1024x361.png

You can read more here: https://simscommunity.info/2014/09/07/sims-4-expanding-adding-neighborhoods-possible/
    But, anyway, what I'm going with this? I think every world should have a new neighborhoods with apartments if you own City Living (including pack worlds). Every world should have a new beach neighborhood if you own Island Living (including pack worlds). Every world should have seasons (and it already does). Every worlds should get messier and polluted if you own Eco Lifestyle. And so on and so forth.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sure but apartments like small midwest towns have. Not Skyscrapers. The camera bounces too much.

I think Eco Living will allow communal living or was that just for lots that can be worked on to restore the environment. Not understood yet. I either read it of heard it on a trailer review. "communal living" can mean a lot of things.

EDIT: Would be nice to have rentals with an option to buy like row houses or condos with multi levels.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Capture8-1024x361.png

You can read more here: https://simscommunity.info/2014/09/07/sims-4-expanding-adding-neighborhoods-possible/
    But, anyway, what I'm going with this? I think every world should have a new neighborhoods with apartments if you own City Living (including pack worlds). Every world should have a new beach neighborhood if you own Island Living (including pack worlds). Every world should have seasons (and it already does). Every worlds should get messier and polluted if you own Eco Lifestyle. And so on and so forth.

There's a lot of potentially possible in his statement, but nothing definitive and that statement was made in 2014. We have plenty of neighbourhoods with beach access and rivers deep enough for swimming, yet they didn't update them. For City Living, I suppose the apartment shells do serve a purpose to make the buildings appear taller without creating extra levels, but we could have done the same in TS2 with wallpaper alone.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    I don't want more worlds with apartments
    I'm not really that interested in apartments but would like more city worlds to explore. As we've had quite a few rustic/rural worlds now, I'd find it fun to have a more futuristic world (with lots of bright colours please! 🙂) , perhaps with designer or technology careers, or opportunities to run businesses in a mall? (Hairdressing? Chocolatier? Ice cream parlour?)
  • RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    Heck yes, I'd love another world with apartments at the very least
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I would like to have a combined city - a half or so of apartment buildings and the other half woudl be houses
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Yes yes for the love of llamas please. San Myshuno is my second-favourite world after Brindleton Bay, and in the recent poll, my top three choices were the three cities. I'd also love apartments being retrofitted into other worlds!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I don't care
    Only if it's more like Bridgeport.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I don't care
    I don't need more worlds with apartments but I am also not against them being added for those who need them.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I don't really use them all that much, but having more worlds that could use this feature would be great. I don't live in an area with highrises like San Myshuno. But, there are a lot of "multi-unit" type buildings that are apartments (some actually converted from large homes). Thus, being able to build apartment buildings from scratch WITHOUT the base of the building being a big object would be great.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I don't see them adding another city (unfortunately), but I do believe it's possible that, with a pack including hotels, we'll be able to create TS2 apartments.
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    I don't mind having more urbanized worlds either. I just want more interactive building lots and surroundings (eg. Recreation Centers, Movie Theaters, Department Stores, Shopping Malls). Otherwise it becomes a bore playing with apartments that have a small park and bar nearby.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm torn, obviously apartments are a thing that came with City Living so it wouldn't feel that great if they just started adding the entire focus of city living into other packs (how would it even work? would we end up with another DLC for DLC my first pet stuff type scenario or a hot tubs becoming free scenario), but I would like to see more penthouse lots similar to the ones in Discover University as the existing penthouses are bad.
    I'd love to see apartments/penthouses in a more summery location though, I'm not a fan of how you have to live in a dreary grey city world if you want an apartment so a Brazilian/Spanish type city like they suggested in the community survey would be perfect
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm torn, obviously apartments are a thing that came with City Living so it wouldn't feel that great if they just started adding the entire focus of city living into other packs (how would it even work? would we end up with another DLC for DLC my first pet stuff type scenario or a hot tubs becoming free scenario), but I would like to see more penthouse lots similar to the ones in Discover University as the existing penthouses are bad.
    I'd love to see apartments/penthouses in a more summery location though, I'm not a fan of how you have to live in a dreary grey city world if you want an apartment so a Brazilian/Spanish type city like they suggested in the community survey would be perfect

@Onverser City Living is obviously not an Apartment Life type pack. Its more about living in a big city, having a metropolitan lifestyle, etc... We can't even build the apartments... An apartment EP for me has to lend us the ability to build them.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    I don't think I need another city world but perhaps a town world allowing you to, as others have suggested, create your own single or multifamily houses, apartment buildings, townhouses, duplexes, or even trailer park like in Sims 2.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I’d love a space themed pack with apartments! Like an arcology but in space