Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wright Way Travel Adventures

AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
wright-way-travel-adventures-cover.png
Now you too can travel the right way... in style through the world of Simterra and the beloved home of my Sims.

Wright Way Travel Agency will help you travel the right way, in style, in the world of Simterra, the world where all my Sims stories take place. That's right everyone, one of my talented Simmers will take your Sims on an adventure around Simterra. You'll learn about culture, customs, history, language, and more while visiting picturesque destinations (exclusively offered in The Sims 4).

The plan is to take your Sims on a week-long selected excursion as if your Sim booked a trip with a travel agency. You'll get the VIP treatment with 5-star accommodations, celebrity chef prepared meals, and plenty of amazing destinations to explore (and all the selfies you could've ever wanted). Wright Way does want to make sure participants understand we cannot be held liable for accident, injury, illness, or death. (This is the Sims, and we will do our best to give your Sims the most autonomy possible).

To (qualify for) and apply for a vacation:
1) Choose from one of the three options and participate in the vote over on the blog (more description about each of the adventures below):
  • WEST COAST WONDERS: San Myshuno, Hidden Hollow, and Granite Falls
  • EAST COAST EXCURSIONS: Brindleton Bay (with the option to bring a pet) + Wintonborough
  • SOUTHERN ELEGANCE: Riverboat cruise through Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, and Sylvan Glade

2) Follow my Simterra Tales blog.

3) Leave a comment on the blog post (i.e. what what you're most excited about, what kind of Sim you think you'll submit, or what you most want to learn about my Simworld.)

4. Only one submission per person. This is to ensure everyone has a fair opportunity to submit a Sim. Don't worry. I'll take multiple trips. I do have a couple restrictions so please pay attention to these as they will affect your ability to send a Sim.
  • Please upload your Sim to the gallery using my hashtag #livinasimminlife AND #wrightwayadventures.
  • I have all the expansions, game and stuff packs through Tiny Living. I’d prefer limited to no CC. I know I use a lot in my own game, but it makes it easier for me so I don’t have to hunt down all your CC, download and add it to my game. If you really, really, really cannot live without CC, message me on the forums or on the blog and we’ll figure something out. I do have some default-replacement hairs, eyes, and skins so this may slightly affect your Sims' appearance.
  • Teens to elders are welcome to travel on these trips. (I can’t take children or toddlers because they really should travel with a parent/guardian).
  • Only cats and dogs are allowed to accompany their human companions. One pet per submission. For this reason the East Coast Excursions trip will only have 3 Sims slots and 3 pet slots.

5. Please complete the following travel questionnaire:
  • Your forums name/Gallery ID
  • Your WordPress or blogging ID so I know that you commented
  • Your Sim's name
  • Where we can pick your Sim up... (what world is your Sim from)?
  • Any special restrictions? (i.e. supernatural form - we don't want to fry any vampires; dietary - is your Sim vegetarian or vegan or only drinks plasma packs?
  • Your Sim's bio (If you'd like include aspiration and traits and any backstory. Be as creative as you'd like. Share any preferences of things you'd like to see, places you'd like to go, things you'd like to do, or what your Sim would most like to learn).
  • Star sign
  • Career/uni degree your Sim is pursuing (they don't need to be leveled in that career - it would just be for personality/backstory)
  • 1-3 hobbies/interests your Sim has (or skills)
  • Let us know why your Sim wants to take this particular trip.

Deadline to submit questionnaires and Sims is midnight MDT on May 22nd (two weeks from today!).

I will only save a spot for you for up to 5 days after your inquiry, meaning… you need to send me your travel questionnaire and Sim by 5 days after you post a “save my spot” request in the forums. If you do not complete a questionnaire and send me a Sim by the deadline, your Sim will be on a waiting list for the next trip.

I can't wait to share travel experiences with your Sims! Dag dag, friends!
With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
My Worldbuilding Blog
Simblr
My Sims Pinterest
Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited June 2020
    Choose from 1 of the following adventures:

CURRENT: FULL
    hayden-donnelly.png?w=775&h=275
    WEST COAST WONDERS: Experience the world of Simterra with world-renowed photojournalist, Hayden Donnelly. (San Myshuno, Hidden Hollow, Granite Falls)
    Travelers include: 
    @lilypadmeulin Nia Whitmore from Willow Creek
    @CathyTea Cathy Tea from Del Sol Valley
    @Simslover163 Cheryl Richards from Newcrest
    @divanthesimmer Divan Lampright and DJ from Brindleton Bay
    @MadameLee Amelia Harris from Brindleton Bay
    @VanPelt81 Tyson Michaels from Willow Creek

misty-shipwell.png?w=775&h=298
    EAST COAST EXCURSIONS: Travel Simterra with experienced world traveler and freelance botanist Misty Shipwell! (Brindleton Bay and bring your furry friends along)
    Travelers will include: 
    @15aewar's Robina Larker and Winston
    @CathyTea's Cathy Tea
    @VanPelt81's Tyson Michaels
    **reserved for @LegacySims2017**

2-3 REMAINING SPOTS AVAILABLE

jacqui-day.png?w=775&h=307
    SOUTHERN ELEGANCE: Float down south on a dreamy riverboat with culture blogger, Jacqui Day. (Willow Creek, Sylvan Glade, and Magnolia Promenade)
    Travelers will include: 
    @divanthesimmer's Divan and DJ
    @pinot_grigio's Lana Collins
    @MINEZ's Mira Hart
    @INFINILoki's Abora and Arious Orialus

1 REMAINING SPOT AVAILABLE

Read more about the details of each experience over on the blog!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited September 2020
    And the winner is... Well, it was actually a tie! However, because more people "signed up" for one over the other, the first trip we will be taking is...
    hayden-donnelly.png?w=775&h=275
    WEST COAST WONDERS: Experience the world of Simterra with world-renowed photojournalist, Hayden Donnelly.

West Coast Wonders: From the capitol of Cascadia, you’ll experience everything the city of San Myshuno has to offer from its picturesque sunsets to its sweeping grand views of the Bingo Sound to the colorful festivals held year-round. We’ll take a trip inland to the spooky Hidden Hollow, home to the reclusive vampires. Don’t worry about sunscreen. It’s fairly dark and dreary there in the haunted forests. The trip concludes in the gorgeous Granite Falls, the hidden gem of the Cascadian Mountains, with fishing in the crystal clear river, hikes through the national forest, and classic camping under the stars. You won’t want to miss this adventure!

The trip will be a total of 14 days:
    1 day for arrival and check-in, 5 full days in San Myshuno (1 for each district), 3 days in Hidden Hollow, 3 days in Granite Falls, and 1 free day either in Granite Falls or San Myshuno, and 1 day to travel back and check out (itinerary to come)

Travelers will include: 
    @lilypadmeulin Nia Whitmore from Willow Creek
    @CathyTea Cathy Tea from Del Sol Valley
    @Simslover163 Cheryl Richards from Newcrest
    @divanthesimmer Divan Lampright and DJ from Brindleton Bay
    @MadameLee Amelia Harris from Brindleton Bay
    @VanPelt81 Tyson Michaels from Willow Creek

Itinerary (to be updated):
    Day 1 - Torendi Tower Hotel - pop on over to the post to see Day 1's itinerary
    Day 2 - Fashion District and Geek Con - see day 2's itinerary at the bottom of this chapter
    Day 3 - San Myshuno - see Day 3's itinerary
    Day 4 - San Myshuno
    Day 5 - San Myshuno
    Day 6 - San Myshuno  
    Day 7 - Hollow Point Inn 
    Day 8 - Hidden Hollow
    Day 9 - Hidden Hollow 
    Day 10 - Granite Falls 
    Day 11 - Granite Falls
    Day 12 - Granite Falls 
    Day 13 - Free Day 
    Day 14 - Goodbye Party in San Myshuno and Check-out 

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited May 2020

05-08-20_1-01-51_PM.png

Your forums name/Gallery ID: lilypadmeulin

Your WordPress or blogging ID so I know that you commented: driftwoodpoet

Your Sim's name: Nia Whitmore

Where we can pick your Sim up... (what world is your Sim from)?

Willow Creek!

Any special restrictions? (i.e. supernatural form - we don't want to fry any vampires; dietary - is your Sim vegetarian or vegan or only drinks plasma packs?

Nope!

Your Sim's bio (If you'd like include aspiration and traits and any backstory. Be as creative as you'd like. Share any preferences of things you'd like to see, places you'd like to go, things you'd like to do, or what your Sim would most like to learn).

Nia is a young single who wants to see the world. She has the Romantic, Loves Outdoors, and Insider traits, and she wants to meet all kinds of people. She's not really got any particular skills in life, but she definitely wants to learn as much as she can - how to use chopsticks, how to camp...everything she can!

Let us know why your Sim wants to take this particular trip.

When she was younger, she used to go on trips with her grandparents, and she loved seeing all the strange places all over the world, but now, she lives in a house left to her by her grandmother and wants to have adventures in their memory. She wants to meet people, make friends, and above all, have fun.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited May 2020
    I would like to reserve a spot. I think I have the perfect sim for this adventure. It's just going to take me a while to remove the CC and meet the other requirements. :)

EDIT: The sim is posted on the gallery!
    1QghHHw.png
    Your forums name/Gallery ID: 15aewar
    Your WordPress or blogging ID: Rendora
    Your Sim's name: Robina Larker
    Where we can pick your Sim up: Britechester
    Where your sim would like to go: East Coast Excursions
    Any special restrictions?: None
    Your Sim's bio: Robina was adopted by an older couple who couldn't have children. She's spent her entire life in Britechester and loves its creative atmosphere. Growing up, she found that the best way to cheer her parents up was to make them laugh. That's why she decided to become a comedian.
    Miss Larker is a huge fan of the Henry Puffer books and would likely be an Alpaggard. (That's the Sims version of Gryffindor.) Her best friend, Becca Clarke, is also a Pufferhead. They get along really well, despite the fact that Becca is more of an Ivybell (Slytherin.)
    One day, Becca and Robina were having lunch at Pepper's Pub. (The food there isn't amazing, but it is cheap.) Becca spotted a little kitten rooting through the garbage out back. Becca instantly fell in love with it. Since she couldn't keep pets in student housing, she urged Robina to take it home with her. Robina had never had a cat before and wasn't keen on adopting a stray, but she had a strange feeling about the feline. She acquiesced. Since then, she can't imagine life without Winston the Cat.

I've written about her for an MSSSC challenge. Obviously, this is a different timeline, but it might give you an idea of her character: https://rendorasims.wordpress.com/2020/05/03/robina-larker/
    Why your Sim wants to take this particular trip: Winston often brings his owner little presents - rocks, seeds, that sort of thing. One day, he brought home a really old clipping of the Brindleton Bay Barker. It had a picture of a man on it that was oddly familiar. It was much the same feeling she had when she adopted Winston.

As soon as she was able, she would schedule a trip to Brindleton Bay. She could use a vacation, anyway.
    Post edited by 15aewar on
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Save my spot! I was going to choose West Coast, but I want to hang out with Rendora, so I'll do East Coast, and if I can do two, then West Coast, too.

It'll be Spectrum CT-- she's not a goofball, so she should be more polite!

This sounds like loads of fun.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @lilypadmeulin I love the idea of taking adventures to honor someone's memory! Sweet! Did you have a vacation preference btw? Thanks for submitting.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @15aewar read the story. All I can say is wow... loved the twist ending! I'm excited Robina is a pufferhead. I have the Pufferhead pack in my game. Did she have any CC from that pack? Either way, I could add it if you'd like. A spellcaster who doesn't know she's a spellcaster? This should be interesting.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @CathyTea I'm so happy CT will be coming along. :) Depending upon how many submissions I get, I'll let you know if I can take Cathy on both trips.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited May 2020
    @AdamsEve1231

West Coast, please! I have a soft spot for San Myshuno! I can't wait to see how things turn out for the East Coast Sims, though!
    @AdamsEve1231

West Coast, please! I have a soft spot for San Myshuno! I can't wait to see how things turn out for the East Coast Sims, though!

Updated. Thanks.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    luR72a5.png

Your forums name/Gallery ID: Simslover163

Your WordPress or blogging ID so I know that you commented: Simslover163

Your Sim's name: Cheryl Richards

Where your sim would like to go: West Coast Wonders

Where we can pick your Sim up: Newcrest

Any special restrictions? None

Your Sim's bio: Cheryl is very fascinated with two things: art and nature. Whenever she takes a walk around town or everywhere that has greenery, she would get inspired and come up with ideas on her next painting. Her favorite art styles are abstract and realism. What she normally paints are pictures of flowers, shrubs, mountains, and lakes. Many of her friends love photography, but she wasn't really that interested and that taking pictures on her smartphone is enough. That changed when she went to university and took some photography classes. From that day on, she'll not only paint pictures of nature, but also take some photos of nature. Aside from her interests in art, she also loves shopping and cooking.

Why your Sim wants to take this particular trip: Cheryl is looking to expand on her art style and her skills in photography. As mentioned before, she wasn't much into photography until she took photography classes in university. Not only does she want to expand on her talents, but also meet new people and learn new cultures and languages.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
    @Simslover163 Oh yay! Another photographer. I hope she enjoys learning from Hayden, who is also a photographer!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ooh! With me locked inside my home, I'd love to travel the world (even if it's just virtually)! You can find my Simself and his family on my Gallery ID (just tick the "Include Custom Content" box. I plan to have him and D.J. go on this trip. You might need to just change his eyes to the swatch left to the current one (since I use custom eyes, which changes the colours and the eyes I uploaded him with is too green).

Your forums name/Gallery ID: divanthesimmer

Your WordPress or blogging ID: divanthesimmer

Your Sim's name: Divan Lampright

Where your sim would like to go: Southern Elegance (I'd like to have him go on West Coast Wonders too, but it's okay if he only goes on Southern Elegance).

Where we can pick your Sim up: Brindleton Bay

Any special restrictions: None (that I'm aware of!)

Your Sim's bio: Divan Lampright recently starred in The Geeky Bachelor as the (geeky) bachelor and found the love of his life, Lila Kaplan, on the show and they immediately eloped in a beautiful private beach ceremony. After that, they (and their dogs) moved into a large empty lot in Brindleton Bay, where they will start their own legacy. He recently started a new job as tech guru and his wife, Lila, is currently expecting their first child.

Why your Sim wants to take this particular trip: Life was going well for the newlyweds, but the role of legacy founder quickly started to overwhelm Divan and he needed a break from it all to clear his mind and prepare him for this huge responsibility. He recently won the lottery (something he never thought would ever happen and he only won a few thousand Simoleons) and decided to go an a trip with his dog and BFF, D.J. He's been to Del Sol Valley and Sulani so far, but his ultimate dream is to travel the whole world.
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Your forums name/Gallery ID: MadamLee
    Your WordPress or blogging ID so I know that you commented: Celoptra (but due to sometimes blogging not letting me use it-I might be Princess of Ellabur)
    Your Sim's name: Amelia Harris
    Where we can pick your Sim up... (what world is your Sim from)? Brindeton Bay

Any special restrictions? (i.e. supernatural form - we don't want to fry any vampires; dietary - is your Sim vegetarian or vegan or only drinks plasma packs?) no

ix5SekH.png
    Your Sim's bio
    Amelia likes to try a lot of new experiences with an absent mother and a father which didn't really care for either her or her various half-siblings she didn't really have time to do so. She had a bad home life (half the time being ignored by older half-siblings, and the other half the time looking after the younger ones) until she moved away to Brindeton Bay and worked hard as various part time jobs to earn enough money to go on this trip.

Let us know why your Sim wants to take this particular trip:
    Amelia worked really hard to save to go on this trip because she wants to experience new places and new experiences People who might try to make friends with her might have to try to break down the wall she built because of the home experience
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    capacity.png

Your forums name/Gallery ID - CathyTea
    Your WordPress or blogging ID so I know that you commented - CathyTea
    Your Sim's name - Cathy Tea (notice a pattern here?)
    Where we can pick your Sim up... (what world is your Sim from)? - What's the one from Get Famous? That Hollywood-like one. It's only a temporary residence, though--she'll be moving to her dream home in Evergreen on June 5!
    Any special restrictions? (i.e. supernatural form - we don't want to fry any vampires; dietary - is your Sim vegetarian or vegan or only drinks plasma packs? - She will only eat excellent food currently (celebrity-thing). But I think her version that's on the gallery doesn't have that quirk yet. Please use the Spectrum CT--she's the most recently uploaded one, and she doesn't have the goofball trait, so she's much better mannered!
    Your Sim's bio (If you'd like include aspiration and traits and any backstory. Be as creative as you'd like. Share any preferences of things you'd like to see, places you'd like to go, things you'd like to do, or what your Sim would most like to learn).
    Cathy Tea loves people--and also gets overstimulated very easily. As a result, she needs a lot of time alone to decompress, relax, and process. She'll partake in deep conversations, then off she goes, to think and relax. It's OK. It's just her style. Give her free-rein, and she'll do fine!
    Let us know why your Sim wants to take this particular trip. Originally, CT wanted to travel to her home territory of the West Coast. But she is a huge (HUGE) fan of Rendora's writing! So when she found out that one of Rendora's Sims was scheduled for the East Coast tour, she had to sign up. She is that big of a fangirl.

(But now she sees that others she's a fan of are going to other places! Oh, well! She can, at least, read of their accounts!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea I don't mind goofball Cathy. She's just as endearing and always surprising. But that's ok. I'm just as happy and excited to take any CT.

I'm looking forward to Evergreen also. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @MadameLee Hooray! I'm happy you submitted a character. Do you have a travel preference?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    P.S. @everyone depending on travel submissions, I'm flexible with your characters taking multiple trips. I just wanted to give everyone fair opportunity first.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @CathyTea You're so kind! I'm sure Robina would be happy to visit the West Coast, too. But, you know, backstory! :D
    @15aewar read the story. All I can say is wow... loved the twist ending! I'm excited Robina is a pufferhead. I have the Pufferhead pack in my game. Did she have any CC from that pack? Either way, I could add it if you'd like. A spellcaster who doesn't know she's a spellcaster? This should be interesting.

In the original story, she wore almost exclusively Pufferhead CC. Feel free to dress her in Alpaggard colors if you like. (Or I could upload the Pufferhead version, if you like. :smile: )
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    @CathyTea I don't mind goofball Cathy. She's just as endearing and always surprising. But that's ok. I'm just as happy and excited to take any CT.

I forgot to mention the prefenece sorry! but its the one which ends at Granite Falls

6adMCGP.gif
    15aewar wrote: »
    @CathyTea You're so kind! I'm sure Robina would be happy to visit the West Coast, too. But, you know, backstory! :D

In the original story, she wore almost exclusively Pufferhead CC. Feel free to dress her in Alpaggard colors if you like. (Or I could upload the Pufferhead version, if you like. :smile: )

That's up to you. Just wanted to offer. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    MadameLee wrote: »

I forgot to mention the prefenece sorry! but its the one which ends at Granite Falls

Great!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Your forums name/Gallery ID: VanPelt81
    Your WordPress or blogging ID: N/A (Don't have a blogging ID)
    Your Sim's name: Tyson Michaels
    Where we can pick your Sim up: Willow Creek
    Where your sim would like to go: East Coast Excursion or West Coast Wonders
    Your Sim's bio: Tyson Michaels is a fun loving goofball who lives the outdoors, making jokes about both himself and others, and just having a good time. Tyson loves riding bicycles, exploring nature, and being the life of the party. Most sims get annoyed with Tyson after a prolonged period of time around him due to his over the top personality. As a matter of fact, Tyson was left in foster care due to his parents tiring of his over the top personality.
    Why your Sim wants to take this particular trip: Exploring the world, having fun, meeting new people, and having new experiences. Life is an Adventure. There is too much to explore for one to just sit at home and do nothing all day.

Tyson can be found with the link above as well as the hashtags #AdamsEve1231 #WrightWayTravelAdventures
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Your forums name/Gallery ID: VanPelt81
    Your WordPress or blogging ID: N/A (Don't have a blogging ID)
    Your Sim's name: Tyson Michaels
    Where we can pick your Sim up: Willow Creek
    Where your sim would like to go: East Coast Excursion or West Coast Wonders
    Your Sim's bio: Tyson Michaels is a fun loving goofball who lives the outdoors, making jokes about both himself and others, and just having a good time. Tyson loves riding bicycles, exploring nature, and being the life of the party. Most sims get annoyed with Tyson after a prolonged period of time around him due to his over the top personality. As a matter of fact, Tyson was left in foster care due to his parents tiring of his over the top personality.
    Why your Sim wants to take this particular trip: Exploring the world, having fun, meeting new people, and having new experiences. Life is an Adventure. There is too much to explore for one to just sit at home and do nothing all day.

Tyson can be found with the link above as well as the hashtags #AdamsEve1231 #WrightWayTravelAdventures

Hey @VanPelt81, thanks for submitting. I'll message you some info.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest