Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to purchase Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Yes
    @Colton147147 asked "Are you going to purchase Eco Lifestyle?"

A no means never ever EVER. A yes means either immediately, or at a later date. Could be 2042 when you purchase it. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    Just keep saying 'Yes', folks.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yes
    I hoped the first "yes" was the right one :D

But yes, I'll be getting it. I'm a builder, I'm always looking for new stuff. And the latest packs have provided a lot of great BB stuff.

As for the world...I don't know. Hoping there is a way to "skip the story" once I've done it once. Just like Strangerville, I don't want to repeat it for every save I have.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Undecided.

I'm looking forward to seeing more on the pack and, for the first time, I may wait and see how the expansion affects people's game play. If the "dirty" effect can be applied to all worlds (as we pick and choose), then that's a huge thing to me. The only other thing I really want to see is how "compelling" it'll be to actually clean up the world.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yes
    Yes but maybe not immediately. I’m intrigued and interested with what I’ve seen so far but need more info before I can make a final decision. I may wait and get it on sale but it just truly depends on the pack as a whole. I’m excited to get new content either way though.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    Yes, but not anytime soon (tm) based on the trailer and blog-post I've seen so far. I'm a completionist and want access to all content, but if the new product feels somehow lacking or uninteresting or has a theme that just doesn't appeal to me then I won't buy it until it's on some serious sale. Right now, from what I've seen it has a new world, that looks fantastic but makes your sims have all kinds of negative moodlets or have health problems, which you can change so your sims feel better, but makes that world an ugly hippie commune. I would have preferred if there were an option to upgrade the neglected rundown industrial style neighborhood to a shiny futuristic high tech industrial style neighborhood instead of one made out of garbage housing. I like that there are additional hobby objects that allow your sims to craft items as well as the solar panels and wind turbines. Some of which seem to be leftover ideas from the community vote pack that resulted in the Laundry Day pack, so I'm happy team Maxis found a way to include these in a pack after all. For the rest of the regular buy items, mostly furniture, from what I glimpsed in the trailer, I'm less enthousiastic. I like modern style furniture, run down or weathered furniture, futuristic, artsy, gothic, fantasy, basic, classic, or historic furniture, but I abhor furniture made out of garbage and trash and I haven't seen anything I like so far in this pack. The same pretty much goes for the cas items. It was difficult to tell which cas assets were actually new except for the horrible patchwork ones. The only thing cas related that I've seen that I'm excited about are regular ring piercings and maybe one hair style, which makes the cas appeal for me rather shallow. And then there's the main feature, clearing up pollution: hard pass for me. I'd rather go bowling, which I can, because there's a stuff pack for that. Or drive a while in my car or on my motorcycle, or go surfing, or tend to the crops of my farm, or go horse riding, or climb a spiral staircase to have my sim get to their bed room and sleep in a bunk bed, or have my sim snuggle up to/spoon their bed partner. Customize objects and cas assets with custom patterns and colors from a color wheel, have my sims interact and express emotion based on individual personalities, wants, desires, turn offs, turn ons, interests, and memories. Have normal seized arcade games, telescopes, and microscopes. Expand on sports activities so sims can actually play a game of basketball and soccer as teams, or climb normal rock walls. Swim in any world, more different fish tail options in cas for merfolk, playable permanent plant sims, werewolves, and faeries. The list goes on and on, all of which I can't and I'm seeing this expansion pack and can't help but wondering where's all of that. Clean up a town and then what, what else is in this pack? Aside from more bugs (I'm looking at you no-chicken-coop insect housing thingie).
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    NO NO NO
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    Loanet wrote: »
    I never pre-order. I mean, it's a DOWNLOAD.

Pre-ordering can bring benefits. I pre-ordered it cos I am getting it at 37% off. It may not remain at that price if I waited.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    You left me no choice 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    But yea I was plotting on it anyway. The Eco theme still doesn't wow me beacuse it's just not my playstyle. But everything sure does!! From what I learned about the pack so far there is a LOT of awesome ways I can integrate this into my story
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    Depends. If we’re still on lockdown June 5 then yea probably... but for $28 ;)
  • HippieMama2HippieMama2 Posts: 240 Member
    Yes
    I'm looking forward to the new pack.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    I DON'T KNOW. I need to see more than that little blurb which told me very little. I don't wish to be lectured on how to live green. So, I do hope there is much, much more to this EP than it showed. I am not all that interested. Sounds as if it should be a SP, actually.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes
    Interweb statistician here. 100% of the respondents answered "Yes".
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Hmm, I'm really banking on just winning one of the drawings :D , *fingers crossed*
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Eh, no...
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    Nearly clicked the second "yes" LOL

Probably won't buy it, the trailer was really meh imo
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes
    In a matter of days I went from "That's it, I'm done with this franchise" to picking out my new family's names.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yes
    Alright my answer went from yes but not immediately to yes I need it now. So thankful that not I only is this not a storyline, pollution is in almost all worlds and there is a toggle. That is just such a game changer and I’m really excited to find out more.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I'm going to wait for it to be out for awhile, let EA/modders come up with bug fixes. Then I'll buy it :smile:
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    No...
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    My category is probably but I'll look at more information to decide.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Yes
    I like to wait until they've patched the first round of new bugs, but it's almost definite that I will buy it later this year.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Red buyers are winning this poll in a landstride! Wake up blues buyers!
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but I'll wait until it's half off, like I do with every pack I've bought. I saw many cool bb items, interested in the pollution, and can't wait to find out more 😀
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    I had considered making this my first pre-order, but now I may end up waiting until there’s a mod for the Meat Wall.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: