Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
Have you wanted to share some funny or goofy or nifty or amazing happenings from your gameplay session but didn't really feel like it fit in with the more involved and in-depth story teller's serial story recap discussion? Well, here's the place for all those one-off things you just want to share and talk about with other players. Feel free to post text only posts or your screenshots too.

This isn't to start a new serial story recap thread or to take away from the original What Happened In You Game Today thread, which is fun to read if you haven't yet, but is for sharing single vignettes, scenes or bits and pieces from your game that entertained you or that you wanted to share.

Additional Description:
This is a place to share random events and scenes from your households and games, chat about the game and to see what other's are doing in their games or just chat about our shared interest in the Sims.
You can use images or text or a combination to describe the thing that happened, just use the "spoiler" feature to hide more than two images or the lion' share of long posts for courtesy (See the Update for why). There's no obligation to comment on all the posts (but you certainly may if you wish to do so).

You can post your happenings, pop in and read what other players have going on, post comments, ask questions, chat, hang out or lurk.
No pressure, just enjoy and have fun. :)

Update:
Because some players have older gaming rigs, slower internet, heavier internet loads and whatnot image heavy posts can cause screen jumpiness or lagginess. To help remedy this and as a courtesy:
a. If you have an image heavy post please hide all but the first two images under the "spoiler" feature.
b. If you have a text heavy post please break your text into easier to read paragraphs and not a wall of text.
c. If you have a long post, like longer than a screen length, please hide all but the intro behind a Spoiler cut.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @Nindigo Yay, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I hope this thread feels less intimidating for others too. :)
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Oo, sounds good. Can't wait what others put in here.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @Catzilla Over the years, no game has made me laugh as much as The Sims 4 :)

Well, I couldn't wait for things, as usual, meaning my Sulani conservationist is pregnant now. She just hit level four in her career. I invited her merman boyfriend to join her household while he was still her roommate. I thought the game might cancel his roommate status, but it didn't, so I made her kick him out. They don't do that in a nice way, so he was sad for a spell. I'm glad she did it, though, because people don't just enter the house anymore in spite of the private dwelling trait. Some even stole his things! But the real problem was that the game would fast forward when she slept as if he was still just a roommate and not part of the household. Everything is good now.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I started the Animal Crossing challenge by the wonderful and talented Kawaii Stacie. Never realized how hard it was to get fossils in this game until I needed to dig up 25 of them lol
    I started the Animal Crossing challenge by the wonderful and talented Kawaii Stacie. Never realized how hard it was to get fossils in this game until I needed to dig up 25 of them lol

You end up with a whole lot of collectible figurines and nowhere to put them. lol
    @Nindigo This game surprises me more than any other game I've ever played.

I've had weird relationship bugs like that too. Note to self: Don't rush the romances. lol
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I made a family once, eight sims. Ive had 'em for a month, we've had like 5 deaths, one affair & Divorce, an illegitimate child, one disowning of a child, and moolah. They have like, 8 million sim oleons in bank.
    @Rosysimmer Wow, that's really eventful! 5 Simoleans says one of those deaths was because of 'got caught cheating'. *snicker*
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Thank you for this thread! <3

Mum and daughter built a snowpal. Daughter likes it but mum doesn't look very impressed.
    7-5-2020-10-09-31.png
    Then they got a doggy. It is a german spitz and her name is Aida.
    My grandparents had her. She had to be put to eternal sleep a couple of month ago in age of 14 years.
    7-5-2020-10-27-05.png
    7-5-2020-10-32-19.png
    7-5-2020-10-37-38.png
    7-5-2020-10-53-00.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    VMBeKN0.jpg
    Nooboo on the way, confirmed. Baby daddy, Paka'a, is on the left.

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    @Catzilla Sadly no, the cheating sim is still alive. I'm trying to let everyone die of old age. Also, after her divorce she married her elder fling the next or same day. And he died the NEXT DAY!
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't have anything to share right now, but thanks for making this thread! I always did feel kind of awkward in the original thread when I just wanted to share a little anecdote of something funny that happened, while everyone else was posting long stories lol.
    I have developed an obsession with Duane Talla
    InZCTjz.jpg

It is his nooboo in there
    U6A3Q21.jpg

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Have you wanted to share some funny or goofy or nifty or amazing happenings from your gameplay session but didn't really feel like it fit in with the more involved and in-depth story teller's serial story recap discussion? Well, here's the place for all those one-off things you just want to share and talk about with other players. Feel free to post your screenshots too.

This isn't to start a new serial story recap thread or to take away from that thread, which is fun to read if you haven't yet, but is for sharing single vignettes from your game that entertained you or that you wanted to share.

@Catzilla Thanks for making this thread. I'm a contributor on the other thread but I just share one-off highlights so will be more suited to this one.
    A cute kid with a cute kid:
    ow7PyVN.jpg

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm happy to see this thread and loving seeing every bodies screenshots. The other thread intimidates me as I'm socially awkward and not good at story telling. I do still look at it sometimes though just to see what people are doing with their sims.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Some of the sims in my game, some of them descended from Malcolm Landgraab...

Tiberius Landgraab Sr.

z9HDArk.png

Tiberius Landgraab Jr.

Cb1BROh.png

Adam & Kallie Gregory

2qyJmSj.png

Mitchell & Vanessa McManus

johvRfZ.png

Fernando Veleta

D89ODJ9.png
    I'm really enjoying your posts and pics, guys!

I've seen Cujo! oh, wait, not Cujo but cute fluffy doggo, Cutie alert: Paka'a, Sims behaving badly, when disaster strikes it comes in large batches, Cutie alert: Duane, a skeleton with big personality, some awesome snow friends and a baby cowplant covered with snow (cuuuute!), at first glance-that Ewing guy from that long ago tv show Dallas (what's his name again??) except Tiberius is more handsome, and some very cute couples!
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member

Me too!! It's so fun so far. Yeah, the fossils were a big obstacle. I had to plan frequent "overnight trips" to Oasis Springs. I also kinda cheated by dragging the same fossil into my inventory over and over to make the counter go up. Now the challenge is repaying that loan...
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top