Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need more plants?

LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
Obviously I'm not saying "At the expense of usable items". But there are shockingly few plants for your garden compared to indoor plants in vases. And not much of a wide variety of trees either. You get like, one or two plants per expansion pack; the ones used to decorate the world. Even then, for some reason there are a ton of plants locked into bb.code.

Plants are just props. No interactions needed. But they're important props since the garden is the first thing somebody will see in the Gallery.

What do you think?
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
Post edited by Loanet on

Comments

• RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I agree, we need more. I like landscaping my builds and more variety of plants and trees would be great. Of course, I like building and decorating so I'm happy anytime we get new stuff.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    For what it's worth to you, the new Eco pack will have a ton of new plants
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I’m a plant lady so yes! Definitely more plants.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I'm in favour of more plants. I have over 600 CC files of plants, that's how many more I want.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I would like to see more climbing plants with flowers, roses, wisteria, morning glory, clematis. Also some lilac bushes. And properly meshed lilies, tulips, rose bushes, chrysanthemums, daffodils, hyacinths, etc.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    My answer to the thread question is always yes.
    I've come to love landscaping when I build and it's frustrating to scroll through the catalog section only to realize that there really isn't all that much in there. We did get some new plants with other packs but they don't always work well with all the worlds *looks pointedly at JA and IL*. So yeah, more plants please.

That said, some of this has been improved when we got access to the live edit objects. But in-game ones would still not go amiss.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Plants are just props. No interactions needed. But they're important props since the garden is the first thing somebody will see in the Gallery.

What do you think?

I disagree on all counts.

No, I don't need more plants, but am probably getting them anyway.

No, some plants are not just props which don't need any interactions. They are bought or harvested as seeds, fruits or vegetables.

Even though the garden is the first thing I see in the Gallery, the interior is more important. In the garden, I would actually like room for gardening.

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    What I've been missing most, is "normal" looking bushes. You know, those with just leaves, no flowers and not in a weird shape. Ones I can place as a hedge, or along the outside wall or a path, maybe mixed in with some flowers and flowery bushes, too. Just some simple, leafy bushes of different sizes.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would like to see more climbing plants with flowers, roses, wisteria, morning glory, clematis. Also some lilac bushes. And properly meshed lilies, tulips, rose bushes, chrysanthemums, daffodils, hyacinths, etc.

Also, this. I'd love to have climbing plants of any kind, because the ones we have for wall placement are really lacking. I'd love to be able to build a proper english cottage with walls covered with climbing roses.

And for the love of the Watcher, some proper garden flowers that doesn't take up so much space! Ex. the Wildflowers take up what....4 tiles? The 1-tile flowers are too low to the ground, and I can't really see what they are.
  • HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    Bushes and foliage would be very gratefully received for me! I'm sick of using the same 4 bushes. I'd also love to see more arranged planters in the indoor plant section, things to go on decks/patios/etc, again foliage in particular rather than just flowers in colors that never seem match my scheme
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I agree with more foliage and greenery that have a more natural form. I think we have enough 'bulbous' and rectangular shaped shrubs. Some packs do have really nice items for landscaping, especially with JA and IL. With IL, I only recently discovered, and was pleasantly surprised, to find decent-looking plants from the debug section, so now I'm curious to check what's available from the other packs.
    And this probably won't happen, but it would be nice for all the current harvestable plants to be reworked so that they look like the actual plants (ie. the dragonfruit plant doesn't even look like a cactus). It's great that they were able to do this for certain plants like the pineapple and taro plants from IL, but it would be awesome if they can do this for all the ones we currently have.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member

Some of them like roses are found as seeds.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Some of them like roses are found as seeds.

I know we have some harvestable bushes that are called roses, but they aren't very decorative, they barely have any flowers and the few flowers that are present so tiny you can barely see them. I don't know why they didn't put more effort in with the harvestable plants, we could have had beautiful gardens just using them.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I would like more plants with smaller footprints.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Yes, more plants please.
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    I would like more plants with smaller footprints.
    @akaniki0 I agree.
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    I'd like plants to be able to be placed close together without having to use MOO. Without cheats you simply cannot create realistic landscaping of overlapping plants
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    I'd like plants to be able to be placed close together without having to use MOO. Without cheats you simply cannot create realistic landscaping of overlapping plants

I kind of agree, but MOO isn't really a cheat. Just a tool. Of course there's still plenty of people who don't even know it exists.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »

I never use MOO (because since TS1, it has been known to cause havoc some times), but always Alt-placement for plants (and other deco). Works just as well, without entering a "cheat" first. Also move things up/down on walls too, without pressing other keys. Maybe I can't get the plants as close as with MOO, but its good enough for me.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

What do you think?

I disagree on all counts.

No, I don't need more plants, but am probably getting them anyway.

No, some plants are not just props which don't need any interactions. They are bought or harvested as seeds, fruits or vegetables.

Even though the garden is the first thing I see in the Gallery, the interior is more important. In the garden, I would actually like room for gardening.

I put my harvest-able/edible plants in a greenhouse. I would love to landscape the yard with more plants, however. I believe this is what the OP was talking about. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I think Eco Living will have whole new plants. It seems to have a gardening Seasons feel to it, but in a whole bigger way.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited August 2020
    I agree that we need more plants!! Harvestable and decorative. I’d like olive trees, fig trees, pine trees (new types), And plants with flower like mimosa, Oleander, rhododendron, hydrangeas etc