Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is disgusting

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
This may very well go in one ear and out another but it's absolutely deplorable how some people are attacking the Sim gurus on Twitter about the Eco Expansion pack. If you don't like a pack, you are entitled to your opinion but the vicious, mean, cruel, and horrible attacks on the gurus are inexcusable. Please be better people, please.

Comments

• Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Agree 100% ^^^^
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Also agree 100%
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    Ravenna wrote: »
    It's especially bad to see considering, I do believe there is someone new on the team who helped work on this and I can't imagine how that person must feel right now, coming out the door with this new pack and seeing all this vitriol on social media like, as the first thing they see ...

Like imagine it's your first time doing this and the Gurus have to sit you down and be like "Okay so about some of the players in this community, uh ..."

We may be referring to the same person but a guru posted that it was the first time she worked as a producer on an EP and she was excited and proud and in response she mostly received in reply was hate and demeaning comments. Just awful
  • RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Ravenna wrote: »
    It's especially bad to see considering, I do believe there is someone new on the team who helped work on this and I can't imagine how that person must feel right now, coming out the door with this new pack and seeing all this vitriol on social media like, as the first thing they see ...

Like imagine it's your first time doing this and the Gurus have to sit you down and be like "Okay so about some of the players in this community, uh ..."

We may be referring to the same person but a guru posted that it was the first time she worked as a producer on an EP and she was excited and proud and in response she mostly received in reply was hate and demeaning comments. Just awful

Yup that's exactly what I'm talking about

Like I think it's okay to be constructive and talk about what you maybe don't like, but I think I saw gifs of people beating people up in response to this and so many other things that are just way over the line of okay
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I couldn't agree more. People are just so rude sometimes. :(
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Totally agree! I don't like the pack, I was hoping it would be a farm pack but still, people don't have to be aggressive or anything about it.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Attacking an individual is never okay
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited May 2020
    I agree, I've seen some very violent responses to them on twitter, it was disturbing and I think those accounts have been suspended by now. I'm not a big fan of the pack but the devs do not deserve any vitriol for just doing their job.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Agreed. I'm not thrilled with the pack, but I'm not gonna go and attack the SimGurus about it. I can't even imagine doing that.
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    It’s really sad to see. I feel like it’s getting worse as well. :neutral:
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited May 2020
    Wait, people are being outright hostile and threatening on Twitter? I mean, I criticize Sims 4 all of the time (hopefully constructively), but I can't even imagine caring that much to get angry over an expansion pack theme for any video game. I think the lockdown is getting to people and so they're on edge and angry. It's not normal times, but that really is no excuse.

People sometimes are very disappointing :/
  • nightwatch1988nightwatch1988 Posts: 9 New Member
    Sounds like the people complaining are more than likely anti-environmentalists, and don't want to be reminded of real life.
  • nightwatch1988nightwatch1988 Posts: 9 New Member
    To be honest, I'm not over the moon excited, but it's definitely a different approach.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    The internet always makes people bolder, unfortunately. I imagine most of those people would never say those things to the gurus' faces if they met them in real life.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    People are being mean now? Oh come on. There is absolutely no need to be aggressive or mean. That's just childish, bratty behaviour. It's like a kid verbally abusing their mum because she won't give them their favourite ice cream flavour.
    giphy.gif
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited May 2020
    This behaviour is certainly not limited to The Sims community, but I agree that this level of aggression, which seems completely blown out of proportion, is scary and off-putting. I always imagine it to be coming from a subsection of the community that suffers from an unfortunately not uncommon combination of qualities: the "disenfranchised" with no empathy. For one reason or another they feel like almost everything in their lives is beyond their control and blame outside forces and are completely wrapped up in their own world of fear, pain and doubt and therefore lash out at others any chance they get. It happens way too much but seems especially severe when it concerns TV shows, computer games or anything else that is not essential. And I can completely understand the need to create a thread just to reassure oneself and others that there are also people who react reasonably to disappointment, but that's pretty much all you can do.
    Post edited by Netzspannung on
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited May 2020
    I am not interested in this expansion, and I can say that for the first time since the release of TS4 I am disappointing myself. I'm still gonna buy it to support the TS4 team, and of course support my most favorite game! I can understand that people are disappointed, but making such abusive and rude comments to attack the gurus and the rest of the Sims team is just down right wrong. Although this is an expansion that I am not interested in, I am very happy for that new Sims guru, the producer of this expansion, and what that guru and the rest of the team have accomplished. To them, and many other fellow simmers, this expansion is wonderful piece of work. It still took effort and work to make this expansion, and I appreciate that. I am 100% sure I will still put this expansion to good use in my Sim storytelling outside of the expansion's theme.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Exactly. People are going too far with this, I can get why people aren't happy with the gameplay shown in this pack but that's no excuse to attack the devs and be plain horrible over it. If you don't like the pack, just don't buy it when it comes out. Simple. But atleast wait until we see more of the content before insisting its the worst pack ever.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    It saddens me that there are always people who take it too far.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    edited May 2020
    I agree. Maybe it's the quarantine getting to them or something, but there's absolutely NO reason to harrass & threaten people simply doing their jobs & bringing us new content. If they don't like it they don't have to buy it, and they can be more civil in how they explain why they don't like it. I apologize for the all caps but i want to say THANK YOU EA/MAXIS GURUS & DEVS, you do a great job with all the limits you have to work within & especially in these times of self-isolation & working from home.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2020
    Attacking the developers are never okay and should never be accepted. The developers are the one's that reach out to us. If we are mean to them, then they are going to do as many other game developer studios do and just leave everything to the community managers or not have anyone at all.

It's really nice that Maxis has these simgurus and it would be really sad if they would all go away because people can't behave. I hope that they have some people that can help them with this. I think there are tools so people that say very rude things does not show up at all, and shadow-blocking works for individuals as well.

I am not so thrilled with this pack, I was not so thrilled with the knitting pack in the beginning as well but I always thanked the developers for the updates anyway because they are the one's that reach out to us. And I think that is important.

I remember contacting origin support about refunding a game that I did not like and he commented how refreshing it was to talk with a person who just simply said why they were not happy with a product but in a completely reasonable and nice manner.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Unfortunatelly that mean hive behaviour is happening all over social media and regarding all kind of subjects. And it will get worse over time. We just can't abandon social media and fight this back or the world will change and not in a good way.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I'm not on Twitter so have no idea what people have been saying, but that's probably lucky for me. The forums can get bad enough with some of the personal comments made here.

By all means, say what you feel about the pack (although, jumping to conclusions before we have full information does kinda baffle me) - but I find it sad when people start saying the devs are lazy or have no ideas etc. That's just making it personal.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top