Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm wanting ballet added into the Sims

I've been listening to music while making some Sims in cas. It is a little bit surpirising how ballet is not added yet with Get Together, noblity with knights, Seasons skating, Sulani's mermaids, Vampires pipe organ, and the little things with laundry day and the upcoming knitting. Adding ballet to add on what a kid can do wouldn't even be a problem. If I have it right it's like the Gurus are waiting until ballet is asked for than just giving us the small obvious piece to add to this poetic orchestra. I'm feeling excited just by thinking of ballet, while I'm still listening piano music. Where is ballet? It would be great toddlers can do that, too. That makes me think they should get a tiny piano like the Peanuts kid, as well.

Comments

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I would like ballet too. Lots of types of dancing, actually. I hate the dance styles of Sims in this version of the game, and I rarely have Sims dance. I would like skating to be expanded on too. I just want more physical things for Sims to do that also isn't something that makes them look so goofy all of the time. :|
  • Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    Well with the new after-school activity option children have in the game, it would be an easy add. Instead of scouts or acting, we could have dance class. So it appeals to all, we could have classical ballet, hip hop, and tap? We could also add gymnastics or soccer or swim team?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I would like ballet too (and other types of dancing, and dancing while touching). I loved the ballet bars and clothes in Sims 2. I used them more than any other fitness items.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Ballet lessons would also work well with children.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    Any expansion of dancing that gave it different style or depth would be good. I'm not fussed if they chose ballet or not (though my nieces would certainly approve), but it would be a choice that I could see easily having more depth than a lot of others as a career based around it would make sense. I'm all for any additions that add some depth to the game.
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I think dance class and/or ballet would be a great add on to the gameplay of the Sims. We know that children can do after school activities, like drama club and scouts. If we do get dance class and/or ballet it could be an after school activity for children. I think that this idea could be a Game Pack or maybe even a Stuff Pack as you can probably get really good CAS and build items that would add to your game dramatically.
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I would like a whole expansion to dance in the game honestly. I was so disappointed with the "dance" animation included with the "musical theater" bits in the Get Famous pack--it's basiclaly just the same as the dance work out from fitness and doesn't fit a musical theater style at all. Dance is only a 5 level skill, and level 5 barely looks any better than level 1. At least Jungle Adventure gave us some "Selvadoradan" dance animations...

I'd really like an overhaul that gave us better, actually musical theater style dancing in get famous, as well as usable partner dancing, with maybe a new "school dance" event to go with it. And then a playable dance career, with ballet, and maybe some other styles added, like tap and jazz. It's SUCH a neglected aspect in the game, and someone who was deeply into dance from age 4 through my mid-20s, it's somsehting I find myself feeling frustrated by in basically every save. Dance is a such a big part of so many people's lives...how can you add all these new music stations on the radio, but still ave the same tired dance animations for basically all of them?
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I also want ballet and other kind of dancing in game too, I really hope we will get those!
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Ballet, ice skating (dancing bit), hockey, gymnastics, t ball, touch football. the list is infanite.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd prefer swing-dance.

tenor.gif
    FatalGoldenAuk-size_restricted.gif
    WhisperedAntiqueGuineafowl-max-1mb.gif
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I'd prefer swing-dance.

tenor.gif
    FatalGoldenAuk-size_restricted.gif
    WhisperedAntiqueGuineafowl-max-1mb.gif

Since they like to re-use animations, they could use some of the moves for both.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • RoseyaSimi4RoseyaSimi4 Posts: 104 Member
    Swing dance is too much for me to think. Awesome dance sequance ability. Starting slow, but simple would be great to add first. Swing dance would punch my gut out at the moment. I was definitely thinking of dance sequances for Lilah Hamm as I was helping with fixing her wardrobe. That would be great, but I'm settle with get together's group dancing.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would love ballet and other dances too. I think since Dancing is a skill there should be a wide range of different dance styles to learn.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would also like more variety of dances in Sims game like ballet, ballroom, break, tap, and belly.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I would love more dance options. It annoys me that the interaction "dance together" doesn't actually look like they're dancing together. I loved having the ballet bar in past games. Slow dancing was so cute. I loved when they'd twirl and dip their dance partner. Even if they don't want to do an expansion pack, they could do a game pack that focuses on dancing. Wouldn't it be cute for child sims to have dance recitals? Teens need prom. Give me more dancing! Haha.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I would for one like the Sims to take dancing seriously. There are tons of different dance styles with some styles needing a greater level of expertise to develop skill in. My take is that Levels 1-10 allow you to learn new dances. Then there would be three hidden proficiencies Beginner, Intermediate, Expert that would determine how well the dance steps were performed once learned. My suggestions for learned dances.

In Alphabetical Order

Argentinian Tango
    Ballet
    Brazilian Samba
    Clogging
    Cha-Cha
    Charleston
    Cuban Rumba
    Cuban Salsa
    Dominican Merengue
    Electric Slide
    English Waltz
    Foxtrot
    Hula - Mermaid already know the dance and have mastered it
    Hustle
    Lindy Hop
    Paso doble
    Tap
    Viennese Waltz
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'd love ballroom and ballet.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    > @redrogue60 said:
    > I would for one like the Sims to take dancing seriously. There are tons of different dance styles with some styles needing a greater level of expertise to develop skill in. My take is that Levels 1-10 allow you to learn new dances. Then there would be three hidden proficiencies Beginner, Intermediate, Expert that would determine how well the dance steps were performed once learned. My suggestions for learned dances.
    >
    > In Alphabetical Order
    >
    > Argentinian Tango
    > Ballet
    > Brazilian Samba
    > Clogging
    > Cha-Cha
    > Charleston
    > Cuban Rumba
    > Cuban Salsa
    > Dominican Merengue
    > Electric Slide
    > English Waltz
    > Foxtrot
    > Hula - Mermaid already know the dance and have mastered it
    > Hustle
    > Lindy Hop
    > Paso doble
    > Tap
    > Viennese Waltz

Great idea, unfortunately, doing the animation for all these dances alone would get you probably about 6 EPs...I have yet to see two Sims dance the Rumbasim Together...

A simple slow dance, a ballet and a tap dance would go a long way! ;)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    A Ballet skill and ballet barre would be cool.

I proposed this idea some time ago and someone said they wouldn’t want every sport or physical activity separated into its own skill, because then it would make the Fitness skill useless.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I would personally love a dance pack with all type of single and group dances with the ability to form your own dance group. Ballet included 😉

I hope we one day get a dance overhaul there is sooooooo much that could be done with this.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • punkbeespunkbees Posts: 27 Member
    Ballet would be awesome! It would be so cute to build little dance studios. Maybe a dance teacher for younger sims could also be a part-time job option?
    gallery id: punkbees || black lives matter
  • QuintessedlQuintessedl Posts: 6 New Member
    > @FanPhoria said:
    > I would like a whole expansion to dance in the game honestly. I was so disappointed with the "dance" animation included with the "musical theater" bits in the Get Famous pack--it's basiclaly just the same as the dance work out from fitness and doesn't fit a musical theater style at all. Dance is only a 5 level skill, and level 5 barely looks any better than level 1. At least Jungle Adventure gave us some "Selvadoradan" dance animations...
    >
    > I'd really like an overhaul that gave us better, actually musical theater style dancing in get famous, as well as usable partner dancing, with maybe a new "school dance" event to go with it. And then a playable dance career, with ballet, and maybe some other styles added, like tap and jazz. It's SUCH a neglected aspect in the game, and someone who was deeply into dance from age 4 through my mid-20s, it's somsehting I find myself feeling frustrated by in basically every save. Dance is a such a big part of so many people's lives...how can you add all these new music stations on the radio, but still ave the same tired dance animations for basically all of them?

I absolutely agree with this-- I would love even a few new radio station-specific dance sequences. Like the Jazz station from Dine-Out, sims could do the Charleston? Jazz is obviously broader than this, but I think something bite-sized like this would be in the realm of possibility for The Sims 4.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I think this game really need a “Freetime” type of GP.

Something with an abundance of hobby and skill building items.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Oh yes, Ballet and/or other forms of dance would be awesome. Like as an actual career choice or aspiration where you have to attend dance classes or go to a dance academy, before being able to apply to a dance company.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.