Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

delete

NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
edited August 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
delete
Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
Post edited by Nushnushganay on

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Glad I'm not alone in this! Maybe there are many others,,in fact I know there are because of the fabulous popularity of mods that add in all that. But since not everyone can use mods, if they want to reach more than just the dollhouse crowd on, for instance, console, there really need to be some outlets for the rest of us, who just don't feel much fulfillment out of doing the laundry and the dishes and having more daily-life domesticity details to attend to.

The mod that allows for superheroes and villains, the mods that allow for risk and consequences, I realize why they can't include outright gore, but how about a Sports pack, where Sims can choose to join a dojo and compete in tournaments along with other competitive sports in which winning or losing actually matter, and there can be bodily consequences (doesn't have to be violent or gory, but you can sure be sore or bruised and battered after losing a match in the ring, or even after winning one, but you could be elated with victory, or dejected from defeat, or even angry because someone cheated and the ref didn't call them on it.

And I think we all universally hate our Sims walking around with dazed, idiotic grins all the time on their faces as if they are lit af. They can never be serious unless they are then Oh WOE is ME, someone I don't even know has DIED!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    *gets on the stage* Doesn't seem like it gonna happen, when devs are out of touch what the community wants. *drops mic and leaves*
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    I want danger so bad in this game 😓😓😓😓😓 I try so hard to create tension despite their joker smiles (and I don't mean the tense emotion)
    We desperately need fear, action, danger. Everything you mentioned.
    Everything is too nice, too gentle, to soft, too happy too sweet. All of those things are nice but extremely boring without their counterparts.
    It's like a Disney movie. Then again even Disney movies have more drama 😅😅

I'm just feeling extra disappointed today. But atleast my granny sim can knit for the grandkids as she teaches them the value of cleaning up the environment. 😆

And you hit the nail on the head: Disney DOES have more drama! Which actually makes it kind of less kid-friendly than this game, but without it, nobody would want to watch it!

Sims4 is way too much like Barney The Dinosaur.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    There is a reason Steam is doing so well.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2020
    Same! I dont want my sims' lives all the time to be happy happy joy joy. Its literally a struggle to keep them miserable than perpetually smiling. You basically forced to use mods if you want some lasting tension in the game. Mods Im grateful for, but come on now the modders shouldnt be solely responsible for making the game interesting.

Ive noticed that the packs we've seen and/or know of for this year so far seem to have a rather "domestic" theming. Which is okay I guess but, I really really really need something to shake up my sims' lives.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    You're definitely not alone! I would love more danger, drama and consequences in TS4. I'm still hoping for Dangerous Stuff. I would also love more group activities in general, including competitive sports. My vampire sim would love fencing.
  • FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    This is one of the reasons why I love the previous Sims games, they had drama, consequences, curveballs that made me adapt my gameplay. It was fun 😫. The sims 4 is nothing but a watered down candyland with beautiful aesthetics
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Sports always end up looking weird in the sims, idk how to describe it. They move all slow and unnatural. In ts2 and ts3 :/ If it looks like that ill pass.

I don't care for any violent action.

I do care for more consequence to things however!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love a superhero pack and X-Games pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    AMEN, OP.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    They already shown interest in it in the recent survey. Now They know that a lot of people really wanted these features. Sadly it would take years to have them implement in the game.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    They already shown interest in it in the recent survey. Now They know that a lot of people really wanted these features. Sadly it would take years to have them implement in the game.

I think its nice they know what we want but at the same time I fear is too late! I know The Sims 4 was made for last longer but it already feels outdated and for simmers who are bored and disappointed with this interaction certainly will not enjoy a game that is almost 6 years old, have more than 30 dlcs and still lack depth, challenge, specially now that is clear that this game will never reach the level, features offer and gameplay quality of both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't see any point in a Super Hero pack, why would I need one? There is no rescuing to be done. What does a super hero do? Take out the trash? My ideas is the save the day, they rescue Sims from burning buildings, they grab a Sim child from getting hit by a car...oh, no cars, no fires when any Sim can extinquish themselves, no villians...who plan on world domination, lol, if there was a super hero pack it would be confined to one world like SV, and play out what is already in game..such as pick up all the books, clean up the trash in New Crest, scrub the pavement there, from kids marking on it, why even fly when you might hit a loading screen. Spidy would be bored out of his head. No beat the clock to get that med to the dying Sim...no death from illness, in order to have a super hero you gotta have some chaos and TS4 is super, super MySims 2.0
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • iceycaticeycat Posts: 9 New Member
    I would love to see some elements of danger thrown in for sure. These things like Eco Packs and Tiny Living and Knitting expansions are like....what??? There's a tiny bit of an element with the detective job but it's not much. I wouldn't mind seeing an Emergency Services expansion (probably for Sims 5 by this point) Where you have job options of being a Firefighter, ACTUAL Police Officer (sorry Detective) or an EMT. Another cool expansion would be some sports ones as you mentioned, personally not my thing but I totally get why something like that should be there. For a silly job I could see a super hero expansion for sure! There's lots to cater to female players in this game and coffee house yuppies and eco lovers but they need more stuff to appeal to guys. Blue collar workers for jobs and such - I suppose the politics of the eco, tiny living warriors probably see "industry" as the enemy of all things green and recycled though for game content expansions.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited May 2020
    Honestly, I'm aching for a superhero themed pack with heroes and villains going up against each other...especially seeing the polluted form of the "Ego Living" world. There was a prime opportunity to have mutagenic ooze and toxic waste give sims super powers! It's a trite old cliché by now, the old "pollution gives you powers" thing, but I just need more WEIRDNESS in my game and, yes, action!!

The cartoon fight clouds are really disappointing, and I'd love nothing more than to have an actual martial arts skill that improves the look and entertainment value of your sims' fights as they get better at it. I want werewolves, high-caliber ones this time, with powers to actively develop and options for their werewolf form to give them a more bestial appearance (including a freaking tail for once), and not just that cheesy "Oops! I'm hairy and my teef got sharp, guess I'mma howl at the moon now, herpa-derp" jive they've pulled for two games straight. I wanted magic, but I wanted magic with more BITE to it, where if you set a sim on fire with a spell, they DIE if no one puts the fire out. I want sims who hate each other or are straight-up enemies to hold grudges and be horrible to each other autonomously. I want my sims' enemies to come vandalize their property like they did in TS2. I want a pack where I can build and customize a straight-up starship and assign sims roles on the crew (I love Star Trek: The Next Generation, Outlaw Star, and Firefly, so to be able to do that sort of thing in TS4 would be awesome).

I like "Strangerville" because I can actually have my sims face a monstrous antagonist...and I want MORE MONSTERS!! I want to be able to create scenarios like the one in that GP for myself, with dungeons and boss encounters and mission phases, and I want to be able to share those scenarios with other simmers over the gallery. Just pretending that my sims have a foe to face isn't that much fun for either gameplay or screenshots. I want to make an actual in-game foe for my sims to face, and I want to have a real climactic battle!

TS4 is often touted as "the story-teller's game," but I'm not getting enough content geared toward the stories I want to tell. Most of it is geared toward people who want to play out stories with happy little families or happy young singles living in a mostly down-to-earth realm where nothing freaky is allowed to happen. But when it comes to the sci-fi and fantasy stuff that's also a part of this franchise, TS4 has been really sparse with it. Two years between aliens and vampires, two more between vampires and merfolk, magic, and a mean, green mother from outer space (and she's bad)!! Ghosts have no sense of terror or mystery to them because they're everywhere, all the time, and everyone who dies gets to be a ghost by default. Plant sims are...nerfed into the pits of Hades, let's be honest. Alien abductions and vampire break-ins got nerfed when a lazy sub-faction of realism players started whining about not wanting to use actual gameplay mechanics to avoid them. There is no Fear emotion, everyone just gets Tense. Ghost hunting got swatted down for frickin' knitting... I'm so hard-up for messed-up, weird stuff in TS4 that I was actually happy to see Death by Flies returning in the "Eco Living" trailer. You KNOW I'm desperate for weird stuff when I'm happy to see someone getting eaten up by a swarm of flies!! And then there are all of these people clanging on for a farming pack when we don't even have werewolves to go with our vampires yet. Play Stardew Valley, it's cheaper, deeper, and already out.

I was promised "Weirder Stories," but most of the packs that come out are geared toward, "Well, first I got up, and then I ate a piece of toast, then I brushed my teeth..." (Yeah, I went there with the Futurama reference.) That's not weird. It's time to up the ante.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, I kinda lost hope for action in this game when people voted for knitting rather than actually exciting stuff like ghost hunters or a grim reaper career. God 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I know it seems like the team doesn't listen, but this was a community vote meaning to reflect the community's wishes. Now they're gonna think the players will be happy with anything they put out, since they wanted a freaking knitting pack. The community itself really isn't a big help when it comes to making the game more exciting, and that's because a big majority of players, especially younger ones, are casual players that don't check out online forums unless they need help with the game, and they're less likely to even see votes and surveys like this. But the facebook moms that play this game will see it much quicker, and they are the ones voting for stuff like knitting in the game. I swear, if there was an experimental community vote, only including younger age groups to 30, knitting would have never won, not in a million years. I repeat: This isn't an accurate representation of what the community actually wants. Most players, especially younger ones, don't participate in these votes. But they are the ones whose opinions they need for the game to get going. I know nobody in my age group who would be excited about a knitting pack. No one.

And I am so salty about the theme of this new expansion pack. The world looks epic, but instead of doing something exciting with it, like a crime-oriented pack with burglars, they go the politically correct route and tell us to clean it up to make it look like every other world in the sims 4, unexciting and peaceful, with nothing bad ever happening. It's like Greta bribed them to make an expansion pack just for her.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's like a Disney movie. Then again even Disney movies have more drama 😅😅
    Disney had a villain who burned down a family's home with the family still inside, and another who died by hanging. And remember, these films are rated PG.

Disney Junior would a fairer comparison to Sims 4.
    Play Stardew Valley, it's cheaper, deeper, and already out.
    I recently started playing that, but so far, no action. Day 13 of year 1. I don't think I'll ever restore the community center. That will take forever.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I recently watched a kids fantasy tv show The Letter for the King, it's got violence in it, though they show no blood and gore. It's got drama, and bad things happen to good characters. It's rated PG, and it's got far more action in a handful of short episodes, than TS4 has in all of it's packs.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's really funny how Maxis barely takes advantage of the Teen rating on this game....although I've heard that in Germany it's rated 8 or 6 or something....lol I think that's the reason as to why.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's really funny how Maxis barely takes advantage of the Teen rating on this game....although I've heard that in Germany it's rated 8 or 6 or something....lol I think that's the reason as to why.

Seriously? I must ask my friend, who live in Germany. I'm shocked. I can see 6-old children, who make a 100 children with 100 men challenge. Yes, have "woo-hoo" with three strangers per day. i will never let my child to play The Sims 4.

@Nushnushganay 100% right. And I will tell you more: this game is toxic for young players, because there are no consequences. Cheating wife or hubby? No problem. Have s*x with a stranger? Pure fun! Bring home other man child? Love and peace! When the player decided to play unethically, he must feel the consequences. :/
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Aericia wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Seriously? I must ask my friend, who live in Germany. I'm shocked. I can see 6-old children, who make a 100 children with 100 men challenge. Yes, have "woo-hoo" with three strangers per day. i will never let my child to play The Sims 4.

@Nushnushganay 100% right. And I will tell you more: this game is toxic for young players, because there are no consequences. Cheating wife or hubby? No problem. Have s*x with a stranger? Pure fun! Bring home other man child? Love and peace! When the player decided to play unethically, he must feel the consequences. :/

Yes, it's rated 6+.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    As far as more action in the game I agree, remember in sims 3 where you could compete in chess and karate. I don't remember if they had others. Sims 2 you had dance competitions and cooking competitions, these came with the hobbies pack. Sims 3 had the hot dog and pie eating competitions. I really wish they would add more of this kind of content into the sims 4.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Honestly, I'm aching for a superhero themed pack with heroes and villains going up against each other...especially seeing the polluted form of the "Ego Living" world. There was a prime opportunity to have mutagenic ooze and toxic waste give sims super powers! It's a trite old cliché by now, the old "pollution gives you powers" thing, but I just need more WEIRDNESS in my game and, yes, action!!

The cartoon fight clouds are really disappointing, and I'd love nothing more than to have an actual martial arts skill that improves the look and entertainment value of your sims' fights as they get better at it. I want werewolves, high-caliber ones this time, with powers to actively develop and options for their werewolf form to give them a more bestial appearance (including a freaking tail for once), and not just that cheesy "Oops! I'm hairy and my teef got sharp, guess I'mma howl at the moon now, herpa-derp" jive they've pulled for two games straight. I wanted magic, but I wanted magic with more BITE to it, where if you set a sim on fire with a spell, they DIE if no one puts the fire out. I want sims who hate each other or are straight-up enemies to hold grudges and be horrible to each other autonomously. I want my sims' enemies to come vandalize their property like they did in TS2. I want a pack where I can build and customize a straight-up starship and assign sims roles on the crew (I love Star Trek: The Next Generation, Outlaw Star, and Firefly, so to be able to do that sort of thing in TS4 would be awesome).

I like "Strangerville" because I can actually have my sims face a monstrous antagonist...and I want MORE MONSTERS!! I want to be able to create scenarios like the one in that GP for myself, with dungeons and boss encounters and mission phases, and I want to be able to share those scenarios with other simmers over the gallery. Just pretending that my sims have a foe to face isn't that much fun for either gameplay or screenshots. I want to make an actual in-game foe for my sims to face, and I want to have a real climactic battle!

TS4 is often touted as "the story-teller's game," but I'm not getting enough content geared toward the stories I want to tell. Most of it is geared toward people who want to play out stories with happy little families or happy young singles living in a mostly down-to-earth realm where nothing freaky is allowed to happen. But when it comes to the sci-fi and fantasy stuff that's also a part of this franchise, TS4 has been really sparse with it. Two years between aliens and vampires, two more between vampires and merfolk, magic, and a mean, green mother from outer space (and she's bad)!! Ghosts have no sense of terror or mystery to them because they're everywhere, all the time, and everyone who dies gets to be a ghost by default. Plant sims are...nerfed into the pits of Hades, let's be honest. Alien abductions and vampire break-ins got nerfed when a lazy sub-faction of realism players started whining about not wanting to use actual gameplay mechanics to avoid them. There is no Fear emotion, everyone just gets Tense. Ghost hunting got swatted down for frickin' knitting... I'm so hard-up for messed-up, weird stuff in TS4 that I was actually happy to see Death by Flies returning in the "Eco Living" trailer. You KNOW I'm desperate for weird stuff when I'm happy to see someone getting eaten up by a swarm of flies!! And then there are all of these people clanging on for a farming pack when we don't even have werewolves to go with our vampires yet. Play Stardew Valley, it's cheaper, deeper, and already out.

I was promised "Weirder Stories," but most of the packs that come out are geared toward, "Well, first I got up, and then I ate a piece of toast, then I brushed my teeth..." (Yeah, I went there with the Futurama reference.) That's not weird. It's time to up the ante.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 this was so funny. And as a supernatural lover I totally get it 😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(