Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what's the new Game Pack?

GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
Apparently the new game pack is a 'major first'.
We know 2 of the next releases, so what could the GP be?
Looking at those futurecube hints again, it is clear what some of them now mean.
Threads in a wave of darkness = knitting to heavy metal
Self-organization/one rung at a time = the community aspect of the new EP + ladders

But what on earth does the one about a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama mean?
That one doesn't seem to tie into the ones we know about already...unless it refers to some weird sweater pattern for the knitting pack.

The recent survey can't be the one that gives us hints because they have probably developed the pack already, so I can't imagine it's a teen related pack?

Is it time travel? Farming?

What do you think/hope?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Looking at those futurecube hints again, it is clear what some of them now mean.
    Self-organization/one rung at a time = the community aspect of the new EP + ladders

But what on earth does the one about a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama mean?
    That one doesn't seem to tie into the ones we know about already...unless it refers to some weird sweater pattern for the knitting pack.

The recent survey can't be the one that gives us hints because they have probably developed the pack already, so I can't imagine it's a teen related pack?

What do you think/hope?

It's probably a gnome pack. Harvest fest came to town, the gnomes landed in your kitchen, you merrily offered them some apples because that's all you had in your inventory and, before you know it, they flew into a roaring rage! They're now wielding the frozen bunny you had in your freezer since last year and wreaking havoc around your lot. The gnome riding atop a llama is a trophy for owning all TS3 packs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94002117@N04/14601437220

• M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    A Game Pack devoted to horses are my guess.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think it'll be the country living one, even if with a different name. I think it will have horses and farm animals.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited May 2020
    Wouldn't surprise me if the GP is something even worse than the EP that's announced (which is also an 'unexplored' idea). Of course it's waiting and seeing how it plays out, but as of now, I've got no positivity left to spare. But I guess we'll see.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    For soem reason, I'm starting to think that the resort/snow mountain could be the one or the Bands/Music career/Showtime one too.
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    As it will be a major first, I think superheroes might be on their way.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I don’t have any source, but I’m pretty sure another future cube prediction said “udder-ly” like a play on udder/utterly. So, milking? I wouldn’t mind if a little farming came in a game pack.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    My guess is that the game pack will have a town that is stuck in medieval era and you have horses, cows, sheep, and other farm elements. They could also add royalty role play and perhaps have castles and so forth. I personally would love a medieval farm mixture because that would be such a fun combination of gameplay possibilities! You could have a sword fighting skill. They could bring back archery. There could be butter churning. However, I'd prefer a theme like this be a full out expansion pack to fully deepen each element!
  • GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

It's probably a gnome pack. Harvest fest came to town, the gnomes landed in your kitchen, you merrily offered them some apples because that's all you had in your inventory and, before you know it, they flew into a roaring rage! They're now wielding the frozen bunny you had in your freezer since last year and wreaking havoc around your lot. The gnome riding atop a llama is a trophy for owning all TS3 packs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94002117@N04/14601437220

Wow you nailed it :D
    Yeah, I can't see it being anything else now.
    Although - I ain't getting that Trophy as I didn't own all the TS3 packs! 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    I don’t have any source, but I’m pretty sure another future cube prediction said “udder-ly” like a play on udder/utterly. So, milking? I wouldn’t mind if a little farming came in a game pack.

I totally forgot about that one, yes you're right, there was one with udderly in it, perhaps in the same sentence as the one I mentioned. Udderly impressive foe. The thing is they mixed wave of darkness with knitting, so we'd never ever be able to say that it was a radio station, so goodness knows what this means. Seems cow-plant like. Bit cruel if everyone wants farming for them to chuck the word udderly in there without it linking to actual cows!

alan650111 wrote: »
    My guess is that the game pack will have a town that is stuck in medieval era and you have horses, cows, sheep, and other farm elements.

I did have a feeling too that it would be time related, or medieval. I suppose time travel would be totally new right?

telmarina wrote: »
    I think it'll be the country living one, even if with a different name. I think it will have horses and farm animals.

That would be v.cool
    A Game Pack devoted to horses are my guess.

Well they did one for hamsters so who knows :D
    As it will be a major first, I think superheroes might be on their way.

There could be something in that, the image of a gnome on a llama - it's no spiderman, but hey, this is the simsverse!
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    It might be farming - rabbit riding a llama makes me think of horse riding.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    [quote="GwennogJones;c-17487851
    alan650111 wrote: »
    My guess is that the game pack will have a town that is stuck in medieval era and you have horses, cows, sheep, and other farm elements.

I did have a feeling too that it would be time related, or medieval. I suppose time travel would be totally new right?
    [/quote]

not really, they have had into the future.. so they have had timetravel before, they also had sims Medival so it would really be a first there either...

Maybe it will be further back... ancient times or something, that would be new... or stone age...
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Teens - They were left off survey so maybe they have something in the works for them.
    Superheroes - They've never been done before.
    Country Club - I know they've talked about adding golf before.
    Moon Base - We have Sixam as a secret lot, but I don't think we've ever had a space based world.

Whatever it is I'm sure it will bring out the best in Simmers :)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited May 2020
    A space game pack would be a dream rn! I mean we are getting ladders in the next patch. It would totally make sense for spaceship houses! I even made a thread about it https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/975202/its-about-time-for-an-out-of-this-world-expansion-game-pack-space-themed-pack#latest

But I think it’s gonna be farm related...
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Could the new gamepack be the reaper career? That hasn't been done before as far as I know.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited May 2020
    I would happily take a teen pack with more after school clubs, part time jobs, cliques, more teen furniture and a height slider
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I really hope for horses, especially after the livestream where the devs brought up an equestrian outfit and then awkwardly changed the subject. I think a farming GP would be great, and if it have elements of sims medieval all the better.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited May 2020
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I would happily take a teen pack with more after school clubs, part time jobs, cliques, more teen furniture and a height slider

You had me until the height slider. That's going to disrupt animations, which means they'll need either new (to this game) tech to dynamically adjust the pose to the different heights, or they'll need to make all new animations for the different "notches" on the slider. Both of which are (to me) outside the time budget of a Game Pack.

It's also the sort of thing that really should be patched into base game if it's done at all, because it has the potential to disrupt/break things if the pack is removed/sims are taken into games that don't have the pack.

I'm thinking the Teen pack is still in the early development phase (There were too many teen questions on that survey - I think they're working on the teen pack and were trying to nail down what path would get the least protest.) And I think a farming pack will require too many new animated meshes for a game pack budget.

So maybe Superheros. Possibly the Happy Haunts pack (unlikely). Maybe true Fae? - Nah, that's again impractical for a game pack, and too niche for an Expansion pack. (those pretty pixies from previous games are cute, but not what I want for Faeries. And the fall Pack is "something ... never done before.")
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Pretty sure an Alpine Holiday and Future Game Packs are coming, and probably cars but when I'm not sure.

I'm hoping for a Generations pack mostly, I'd prefer an expansion but if it was done as well as parenthood and put in a game pack then I'd go for it.

I just hope it's something I like this time, because, while I don't need to buy all the packs and don't mind some coming out that I don't like normally, I'm soooo excited about eco living that I can't wait to get it in a bundle and I need a likeable game pack to do that lol!

• ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    Pretty sure an Alpine Holiday and Future Game Packs are coming, and probably cars but when I'm not sure.

I'm hoping for a Generations pack mostly, I'd prefer an expansion but if it was done as well as parenthood and put in a game pack then I'd go for it.

of those 3 i would prefer the Alpine Holiday pack... I dont like the future packs sigh...
  • Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    It’ll probably be another pack filled w recycled materials from previous packs, most likely lacking gameplay for children and toddlers. GP will also probably just be an extension of another EP, because you know the EP has to lack content so they can make more $$ by releasing a GP. That’s what sims 4 has turned into IMO. I desperately wish my old laptop (with sims 3) didn’t break, so I could still play sims 3
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

What do you think/hope?

We ll most likely know come EA Play. I think it will be announced.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2020
    It will certainly be a massive ****storm if Farming comes in a GP while Eco Lifestyle is an EP.
    My guess is Farming will come as EP around November, as the 2nd EP for the year usually does. Don't know what the new could be GP but given their ideas of "new" are always something boring compared to content we are STILL lacking I really do not have my hopes up.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    But if u look the road map they released before rco lifestyle pack you can now see that it kinda hinted that pack. Theres a guy whit a t shirt that has earth/eco logo and yells at microphone and a guy who has a spider in his arm. It kinda reminds me of eco living now. So there is also a lot of animal prints , cats, vet and a owl from real of magic. Could that hint for something? Idk.

https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/amp/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png