Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    I will wait for more info and reviews before making a final decision but that trailer really did not excite me at all. Also if I do get the pack, I have a feeling I will not be cleaning up the new world. I low-key want my sims to live in a dump, at least it's different lol
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I wouldn't necessarily say "I can't wait!", but there are a lot of features I'm excited about, like candle making and crafting. I love the idea of crafting furniture and stuff out of materials that you find, I think it'd be great for Rags to Riches or a Legacy challenge when they're first starting out. I also do really like a lot of the BB and CAS stuff that we've seen so far, and the world looks pretty nice.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    It should be a game pack
    I don't think I'm one of those people who always scoffs at EP trailers and sneer they should've been a game pack, but ... man, this really feels like it should've been a game pack.
  • GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I'm excited for it. I mean, I'm still trying to reserve too much excitement as I've only really enjoyed a couple of EP's so not sure about it. I don't want an expansion pack that's really difficult to play, like university where I bored myself to death. But I can see soooo many items that will enhance a lot of my Sims in other worlds. I'm playing a lot of tiny houses at the moment and to fill them with off grid and sustainable activities thrills me more that the idea of working through a difficult or boring path to change a world.
  • GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Island living also totally boring but no crossover to other worlds. Apart from having the darn stupid are you a mermaid question! At least with this one you can do a number of things all over the place. If anyone knows of how university or island Living cross over between packs let me know, this one with the knitting to heavy metal is a perfect match.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Hello Simmers! don't mind it being an expansion pack as long as there is enough gameplay, need more info :|
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    I don't judge too soon. Who knows?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    It should be a game pack
    i will buy it but i think it should of been a gamepack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Not buying it
    This will be a pass for me not the type of game play I want to see never touched trash island either.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Not buying it
    I saw ladders and chickens which should make some people happy! I for one am looking forward to this pack.

I already have chickens via a mod, so not spending $40 for a ladder. It's confined to one place, looks like a one and done deal like Strangerville.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I saw ladders and chickens which should make some people happy! I for one am looking forward to this pack.

I already have chickens via a mod, so not spending $40 for a ladder. It's confined to one place, looks like a one and done deal like Strangerville.

The ladder will come in a patch.
  • shiragshirag Posts: 1 New Member
    I might get it in a sale
    Its a meh from me. Ladders and chickens yay but otherwise its boring. For AU$50 I would have expected more .. more around the farming aspects (more animals etc that produce your food sources), transportation (cars, motorbikes, busses etc), usable industrial/factories for business streams (isnt that what causes pollution and smog in the first place?) and more scientific engineering around sustainable plant life, not a simple vacuum that sucks all the air pollution away. So much potential, so little delivery :(
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I can’t wait!

Could you link the mod please?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I can’t wait!
    This EP could become one of my favorite packs. It's a way to build on the off-the-grid lot trait, looks to have cross-pack gameplay, adds a new layer of realism, I see new craft items, new ways to interact with the Sims communities in the worlds, is not confined to just the new world which is left to the player to decide, some new CAS assets I rather like, and B/B assets the game has needed since IL was released. New traits, a new aspiration, at least one new career, a few new animations, new gardening features that will most likely come in the update along with ladders, new harvestables and recipes, composting, and probably more we will have to wait to see in the stream later this month. It doesn't feel like a game pack. It feels as if it is a true EP. But most of all, it's different, and that has piqued my interest when I believed that wasn't possible after the last few packs. And I hope it isn't something that is too easy to accomplish. I want a level of difficulty that will keep me entertained longer than a few weeks. If the world has more than ten lots, I'm in. After twenty years of playing the Sims, I like the fact we are seeing the game evolve in a way that better represents life as it is today rather than what is was like twenty years ago. I've seen a lot of complaining about how unrealistic the game is as far as being too happy and filled with rainbows, so this is a great way to change some of that. At this point, I'm willing to give it serious consideration. How it will play out with the new lot traits from Tiny Living and Island Living will also affect my final decision.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Not buying it
    My expectations for you were low, but holy sh**!!
  • puertoricanthangpuertoricanthang Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2020
    It should be a game pack
    Was hoping for something more exciting for an expansion. Feels like we’ve already seen this concept too many times. Only things that seem fun are candle & fizzy drink (which seem kind of out of place in my opinion) and up scaling. Also I’m pretty sure those “chickens” are worms.
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2020
    It should be a game pack
    Its not bad actually but I will be very disappointed if Farming ends up as a Game pack over this
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    There are elements that intrigue me but it doesn't wow me. I'll read the post again, and rewatch the video, because my mind was largely on other things last night, but I think we need more information before I'm likely to change my mind. The dyes and fizzy juices interest me, and things like solar panels and wind turbines could be useful too, but I'm not sure that I'd want to play with this overarching theme a lot.

The morality message implied in this pack bothers me a little. Yes, looking after the environment is great, and we're seeing some positive environmental changes in the real world due to a reduction in air and sea pollution at the moment, but I feel weird about a game preaching that message.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I enjoy a lot that we have additional option to conservation career from IL. I love the vertical gardens, the solar panels and the windmills. Candle making? Wow, can't wait. And we have ladders!
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    If other worlds can get polluted too (not automatically of course, by player's choice) than it's a big must have for me, I want run-down towns and garbage everywhere lol...
    If not, it'll be more like a GP and I'll probably wait for a sale. I love dumpster diving and crafting though, I always wanted these kind of things.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    It looks okay
    I like the concept I admit, but I am not thrilled for waiting since it is not the theme that I desperately want. Maybe this will improve as news comes in.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I need more info. I love the theme and Build/Buy looks right up my alley. But the blog post and the trailer seemed very empty gameplay wise. Most gameplay features we saw in the trailer are recycled from other packs and the things that aren't seem like small activities/gimmicks not anything that expands the experience of the game or that we haven't seen before (and very recently).
    But I can't say "this is the worst" or "I love it" yet.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    It looks okay
    I'm a bit underwhelmed. I think I'm more excited about the knitting pack and there isn't even a trailer for that yet.

I guess I'll keep my ear to the ground and look out for more information. There may be more than meets the eye, but if that's the case, it's not a very good trailer. It just doesn't excite me.
    giphy.gif
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    Also it should be a game pack
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    It looks okay
    Looks okay to me, in the same way that sims feel when they are in the "Okay" mood: No positive or negative feelings at the moment. I saw a few nice things like candle-making, just nothing that made me scream "I WANT!!!", but on the flipside I also didn't see anything appalling, and there's not enough information out yet for me to decide whether I think it should have been a GP.

I will get it on sale eventually.