Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• KataleaKatalea Posts: 14 New Member
    It’s already a tradition in EA to sell us the same thing several times.
  • aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    TickleYu wrote: »
    The "fake" Leak, ( 1st off, NOT COOL) Farm Life. Had me very excited. I went into my game and started the pains taking task of getting my game all cleaned up and ready to make some farms. Then late last night I see this is LEAKED and I was like NO NO NO NO, PLEASE don't let it be so. And of course, this is EXACTLY WHAT IT IS!! BUMMED OUT ARE NOT THE WORDS That I have.

I have bought the Sims since 2001 EVERY EXPANSION PACK, EVERY STUFF PACK, EVERY THING!! I have never been disappointed like I am right now. DON'T FAKE LEAK THINGS, It doesn't manage expectations AT ALL.

AND WHILE I AM MAD, I WILL ADD, MAKE TEENAGERS LOOK LIKE TEENAGERS AND NOT A CARBON COPY OF YOUNG ADULT. THAT'S JUST DOWN RIGHT LAZY PROGRAMMING.

I would refrain from buying this pack.. I think we all need to, to hopefully get the devs to actually listen to us.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I wonder if the addition of ladders means we'll eventually get bunkbeds too :) I think so
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    My bff just made a cool suggestion on what would make this pack interesting...first off, he said that this one, laundry day, and tiny house whatever it's called should have been all in one pack. BUT his great idea is that you can keep the town seedy and whatnot and have things like burglars come into play. Yeah that would have been great. And I offered to clean the robberies up you have to have Get to Work so you can be a cop and chase bad guys lol
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    So... I just went through about five different moods while watching the trailer four or five times. Am I a Sim?

Immediately upon seeing the trashy streets of something resembling an urban ghetto, I got excited. I've been wanting a low income zone for poor and destitute Sims. But as the trailer went on, my interest shifted up and down, to curiosity, to "meh", to "that's interesting", to "huh", to "trash flies!" to "um...wut??" and pretty much ended with a big question mark.

To sum up: I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the pack itself. But the first thing I need to do is get this off my chest...

So, we got Realm of Magic, a Game Pack, highly and consistently requested for years with endless gameplay potential, with a bazillion threads of players throwing out magical ideas, enough to easily be a full Expansion Pack, cut down to a smaller DLC, thus disappointing a lot of people when it came out because it felt like it should have been bigger.... Meanwhile, this Eco Living concept, which comes from a Stuff Pack idea, which already had thematic DLC added to the game, with an Off the Grid lot trait and a conservationist career in a different EP... this concept, which, yes, was requested at the time of the Laundry vote, but then tapered off in favor of other requests... gets a full Expansion Pack?

This is very frustrating and it's what makes me keep questioning why content is prioritized the way it is. I'm not saying this pack shouldn't exist, or that it's bad (I still don't know enough about it) but what I don't get is why highly requested content gets minimized all. the. time. while seemingly random concepts get upgraded to the forefront. Is it a socio-political agenda with EA? If it doesn't market well to the "feel-good" audience then it gets pushed to the wayside? Look, I generally enjoy Sims 4 for what it is, and I look forward to new ideas and try to keep an open mind (loved StrangerVille, and it was a GP not an EP, which seems appropriate). But I don't think I'm alone when I say that too often, development decisions just don't make any sense from a player's perspective. I don't want a "feel-good" game, I want the options to make my game the way I prefer to play it.

This pack looks like it should have been a Game Pack while Realm of Magic should have been an Expansion Pack. I also think that the Conservationist career in Sulani, which took up a bunch of development budget so we didn't even get underwater swimming or diving (hello, Mermaids came with the pack! This didn't make sense) should have been tossed out if this Eco pack was already in the making (which it no doubt was, considering the length of time an EP takes.) So two Expansion Packs within a year both now have their main focus around environmentalism? I have to repeat the question of another user on this thread... Are devs running out of ideas? Or are they indeed just stretching themes out to repeat between multiple packs these days for the money?

And does this mean Happy Haunts will be a full EP that will include everything they listed in the vote plus Zombies and Cemeteries and a playable Ghost overhaul and proper mourning for death and morgues and ceremonies and exorcisms and seances and ghost hunting and Grim careers? Or are the Occult players going to get rooked again?

Also, I agree with others that Tiny Living could have and should have been a part of this EP. It all leaves kind of a bad taste, to be honest.

I'm not trying to bring down the hype, I may actually like this pack, at least the urban trashiness of it, though it will probably be a "wait for a sale" for me, but I felt a need to speak out about my observations.

That is all I really want to say critically. Further posts will most likely be about the pack itself.

1000% Agreed on every point

1. They should have kept the conservationist stuff and the off the grid trait for this EP
    2. They should have had fleshed out mermaids, more underwater play, vacation homes, Parrots, and House Boats in Island Living
    3. Tiny Living should have been apart of this EP as well given they are doing those containers which is what a lot of people make tiny homes out of.

I don't think any simmer would disagree with these points, for more in love with this EP that some of us may be.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    mika wrote: »
    So basically in this pack we play Captain Planet...the hell I look like cleaning a virtual enviroment. i didnt think it could get worse than Laundry Day but here it is.

That was my thought while I was watching the trailer, I half expected to see Captain Planet come out and say "the power is yours!" before vanishing into a ball of light.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    thanks to all that put there all in this pack. I thankful for the sims games and all that the Devs give us to injoy the game sims 4 i have injoy all the packs you all put in the game and gave us a great time playing the sims 4 have a great day my sims buddys
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    edited May 2020
    Did anyone notice that the guy has what looks like big lobe earrings?

Annotation%202020-05-06%20181849.png?dl=0

I have to say I don't like them irl, they make my feel queasy.

Wow, seeing them reminds me of highschool. Tons of people wore plugs. I'm surprised they didn't have these in discover university. Everyone would call them gauges, but according to my friend who's now a piercer and tattoo artist-that also used to call them gauges-they're called plugs and gauges are just the different sizes of the plugs or something like that. Anyways, I guess every townie will be spawning with these now.
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    EA please consider making that Country Livin' an EP in the future. Don't make it into a Game Pack. It won't be enough please!
    Farming + Country Life are huge features so hope your devs are doing a good job on developing it ;)
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I like certain things in this pack like windmills, solar panels, candle making, the new world, the new piercings and so on. But this concept is way too similar to Island Living (the trailer feels like deja vu). Also too similar to StrangerVille (having to "clean up" the town and like others said Tiny Living's content could have been put into this EP. For the first time, I will wait for a sale. Nifty Knitting interests me more right now.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,778 Member
    edited May 2020
    I just watched the Video and I Love it!!!! I cant wait to use this World and all the amazing new things I saw.... exciting! and I love it before its cleaned up! and container buildings are so cool all stacked up.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    edited May 2020
    1: Just because a pack is announced and a group-whether that group be percieved as being large or small- doesn't want it does not mean that no one wants it. And vice versa.

2: Everyone has different playstyles, interests, wants and expectations and not every pack is going to meet everyone's desires.

3: It's okay to complain. It doesn't necessarily mean that the person/people complaining absolutely hates the game itself (though they might) and telling them to not buy the pack or that it's going to be more worthwhile when it's on sale in an effort to stifle their complaints/try to calm them down is only going to peeve them off more in most cases. I'm sure deep down they know that all packs are optional but of course things become more complicated when said person/people want certain items from a pack but not the entire pack which often happens. Or they feel like their playstyle isn't being catered to/hasn't been given attention in awhile. People are always going to find something to complain about. I know the forums have started to feel like a place rife with anger but belittling people for being unhappy won't make anything better. Take a deep breath, accept the fact that it's difficult to please everyone and let them complain.

4: It's okay to be excited about a pack. Just as discounting people's anger is pointless, there's no need to make someone feel bad for being happy about a pack or an aspect of a pack. For example, I think being excited about candles is stupid. But my mom is super excited about it because she adores candles irl. She's going to buy the pack because of this (and for a few other reasons)and I'm not going to tell her how to spend her money. We have different interests and desires for our game and she's allowed to customize it as she pleases. After all this is a life sim and there are tons of different aspects of life that can be touched upon, aspects that may or may not be important to different individuals.

Take a deep breath, realize that the game isn't just made for you, and respect other players. So, for everyone who wanted eco living, ladders, candle making etc...I'm happy for you.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Mandie997 wrote: »
    I think it's a chicken, not a worm. It DOES look wormlike lol but watching the trailer if you listen to the sounds and not the music, it's making peeping sounds and sounds like a baby chick. (You hear it just as the hearts show up over the guys head that's holding it. It's hard to hear cuz the music is over it but once you do it's quite clearly a baby chick sound)

It's definitely a worm.

Did they say that? It looks like that to me but I hear chicken sounds very clearly so I'm not convinced. To be honest, I'm SUPER excited about this pack and kinda hoping it IS a worm. I'd prefer a bug box/compost worms to chickens (in the Sims, not IRL haha) but either would be neat I suppose. It's the cleaning stuff up though that I'm more excited about, I don't know if I'd use either feature often, but probably the worms more.

Yes, they confirmed on Twitter it is a worm. Not a chick.

awesome! THank-you! Idon't have twitter and missed that one. I hope it's for compost :) That'd be quite fun really!

It's an insect farm. The grubs (not worms) appear to grow up to be crickets:

It's crazy to me that so many people had no idea what this was and even confused it with a chicken coop. As soon as I saw it I thought "a gigantic bug hotel!". In Europe it's pretty normal, many people have them in their gardens there are big ones like in the trailer but also smaller ones. If you type "bug hotel" on Google images you can see how pretty and cool they look IRL.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    First of all I dont know what too think about it tbh this is kind of new, I know how to feel with packs like university for example and it was only a minute and 30 seconds the trailer, what I saw that I liked soo far was the insect farm this could be good for kids in other world aswell, the concept is cool, the little glimpses of the world the polluted and clean likes cool, I love the crafting aspect that your sims can make candles, fizzy juice and probably lots of other things that probably weren't shown our sims making beautiful things out of rubbish, the fly death is back, I read the blog that your sims can find furniture in the dumpsters like mattresses etc. This could be cool for really poor sims or runaway teen stories, I'm definitely going too watch deep dives, to see everything the create a sim items, build and buy, world and gameplay
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Maybe the developers should concentrate on fixing all the game's problems first. What's the likelihood this pack will add several new problems to the game?
    2quwd7.gif

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I'm looking forward to this one very much. There's a lot that I've seen in the trailer that will fit my everyday gameplay, so I'm all for that.

I'm particularly interested in the Freelance Crafter career. I really enjoy the freelance careers and this sounds interesting. I'm also all for some more craft hobbies in the game and with the candlemaking and making new furniture, it sounds like it's going to slide in alongside the woodwork really well.

Already, I've got a couple of Sims who will be moving into Evergreen Harbour when this releases. I do like how this will work nicely alongside their ambitions for Sulani, too. I feel like both packs will complement each other very nicely. 💖

Looking forward to June 5th! 🌱
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Just thinking: if EA insist on making packs that only impact one world (e.g. "clean the trash and get more trees... but only for Evergreen Harbour"), they should patch something in so that our mods can be restricted to only one world/one save.

The greatest potential I see for Evergreen Harbour is to have it as a post-apocalyptic zombie town. But I don't want zombies roaming about in Brindleton Bay.

It's impossible, of course, but how cool would that be? Or for them to bring zombies with False-Eco Lifestyle (eco = ecosystem, but sure, let's just plant some scattered trees and make candles out of trash, that provides habitat for wildlife...) but expecting EA to add content that makes sense would be expecting a fish to climb the Empire State Building.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I am so glad we can put the community space in all worlds
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I wanted to Pre-Order the Pack via CDKeys.com it's not available because i wanted to check the game in Philippine Peso
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I live in Europe (France) and I've never seen these. I thought it was a compost thing.
    I think it's a chicken, not a worm. It DOES look wormlike lol but watching the trailer if you listen to the sounds and not the music, it's making peeping sounds and sounds like a baby chick. (You hear it just as the hearts show up over the guys head that's holding it. It's hard to hear cuz the music is over it but once you do it's quite clearly a baby chick sound)

It's definitely a worm.

Did they say that? It looks like that to me but I hear chicken sounds very clearly so I'm not convinced. To be honest, I'm SUPER excited about this pack and kinda hoping it IS a worm. I'd prefer a bug box/compost worms to chickens (in the Sims, not IRL haha) but either would be neat I suppose. It's the cleaning stuff up though that I'm more excited about, I don't know if I'd use either feature often, but probably the worms more.

awesome! THank-you! Idon't have twitter and missed that one. I hope it's for compost :) That'd be quite fun really!

It's crazy to me that so many people had no idea what this was and even confused it with a chicken coop. As soon as I saw it I thought "a gigantic bug hotel!". In Europe it's pretty normal, many people have them in their gardens there are big ones like in the trailer but also smaller ones. If you type "bug hotel" on Google images you can see how pretty and cool they look IRL.

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I live in Europe (France) and I've never seen these. I thought it was a compost thing.

It's definitely a worm.

Really? When I said Europe I was actually specifically thinking France, Germany, and the UK (geographically still Europe :p). Which are the countries I have seen them more often. You can find them in Leroy Merlin for example.
    I61lp5P.png
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    edited May 2020
    Oh..... As we say in French "I'll go to sleep smarter/less stupid tonight".
    Dianesims wrote: »

It's definitely a worm.

Really? When I said Europe I was actually specifically thinking France, Germany, and the UK (geographically still Europe :p). Which are the countries I have seen them more often. You can find them in Leroy Merlin for example.
    I61lp5P.png

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm just gonna leave this here
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2235309026511833/permalink/3954915201217865/

Not sure if the link will work properly but it's a video showing some of the recycled content from the trailer... Looks like people are finally starting to get fed up with all the reusing of previous paid content.
    Do we know what the scooter looking things are ? I'm guessing bikes.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    ...chickens are the only part that MAY interest me..but >.< Please stop with the cringe songs in our sims ads...please...the music almost ruined it entirely for me.

EDIT : WAIT THOSE AREN'T CHICKS?! in that case NEVERMIND not getting it at all.

I actually really like the song :D
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack