Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hmmmm, unsure

Excited for a lot of Individual things not the whole pack though?

So like maybe should have been a GP?

But I’ll keep watching and see.

I kinda think though sims team MAY have forgotten what Expansion Packs ARE

Looking back on sims 2 and 3

Just my two cents though....
  • ThatPlumbobRobThatPlumbobRob Posts: 295 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    It would make for a cool post apocolyptic storyline

Like Strangerville? 🤔

I don't own strangerville, but I don't think it has the smog? or the community side, I'm imagining building an Alexandra Safe zone like in The Walking Dead

3iv0MGa.png
  • KTZKTZ Posts: 25 Member
    Like others mentioned before,the only way this "expansion" might be interesting for me is if I'm allowed to do exactly the opposite of what is advertised. Keep the neighbourhood as contaminated as possible for a nice flow of income to my personal bank account from the business tycoons,and drive out the hippies.
    But that won't be an option,will it? Because someone somewhere might be terribly offended by the possibility of playing a villain.
    Meh...
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    So far from what I have seen I am not really excited. I hope the live stream changes that. Still on wait mode to decide how I feel about this pac.
  • singularuniversesingularuniverse Posts: 29 Member
    Personally I'm super excited for this pack! Candle making has been around in the Sims Freeplay for yoinks (if only through annoying limited time events), so I'm happy to see it coming to the Sims 4 in June. Likewise, I'm pleased to see ladders making an appearance and I'm already loving the aesthetic of the shipping container eco-friendly homes we saw in the end of the trailer - I can't wait to pair it up with laundry day and those cool new planters! Also, super cool considering how relevant this idea of eco-friendly living has been the last few years.

I think more people should think of this pack as a big present. EA gave us a present that started with Laundry Day, that was the green card you open before anything else. Then they gave us Island Living and Tiny Living Stuff, which is the green wrapping paper and the ribbon on top. Now we're being given Eco Lifestyle, which is the green box underneath and everything inside. A lot of people seem to think that EA is recycling gameplay, but I think it's cool that they've been pushing us towards this for a year or so.

The thing to remember is that there are many different shades of green. Just because the card was green, and so was the wrapping paper and the ribbon doesn't mean that they're all the same kind of green. Laundry Day, Tiny Living and the conservation aspect of Island Living all touch on different things - they're all different shades of green in this metaphor. We can reasonably expect that Eco Lifestyle, the actual box underneath all the wrapping paper and cards, will be another shade of green once again.

Reserve your harsher judgement, simmers. If you don't like what you see when the pack is released, then don't buy. There's still a game pack and a stuff pack to come in the next few months.
  • FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    The more I watch the trailer, the more it makes me think of Strangerville. What happens once the town is free of pollution? Will there be sims working against you while you're trying to depollute the place?
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I think it's a chicken, not a worm. It DOES look wormlike lol but watching the trailer if you listen to the sounds and not the music, it's making peeping sounds and sounds like a baby chick. (You hear it just as the hearts show up over the guys head that's holding it. It's hard to hear cuz the music is over it but once you do it's quite clearly a baby chick sound)
    KTZ wrote: »
    Like others mentioned before,the only way this "expansion" might be interesting for me is if I'm allowed to do exactly the opposite of what is advertised. Keep the neighbourhood as contaminated as possible for a nice flow of income to my personal bank account from the business tycoons,and drive out the hippies.
    But that won't be an option,will it? Because someone somewhere might be terribly offended by the possibility of playing a villain.
    Meh...

Why wouldn't you be allowed? It's your game. The description says you can clean it up or leave it a garbage town.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited May 2020
    I realize people are upset. I know people really want certain things in game. I realize most people are disappointed with the EA team, but there's so much negativity. I don't know how that's improving things or making anything better, and that's depressing to me.
    Most of our complaints are constructive criticism, which the devs should be taking into account. But if it's not helping, then what exactly can we do? If not complain, if not vent our frustrations, then what? At least complaining with others makes me feel better.
    I really dislike coming on here and see people do nothing but harp and imply that everyone feels the same way they do. Or that everyone wants the same things they do.
    Sure, people say "Nobody asked for this," but that's an exaggeration not meant to be taken at face value. It's common knowledge that eco stuff was in demand for quite a few people.

Have a blessed day, Sims community!
    No you have a blessed day. But yeah, I'll drop it, too. Don't want to derail the thread any further than I already have.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    PC, Mac & Console have the same release date? I thought it's supposedly different release date.
  • NeptitudeNeptitude Posts: 22 New Member
    honestly will probably only get this for that world because it looks beautiful
  • Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    I think it's a chicken, not a worm. It DOES look wormlike lol but watching the trailer if you listen to the sounds and not the music, it's making peeping sounds and sounds like a baby chick. (You hear it just as the hearts show up over the guys head that's holding it. It's hard to hear cuz the music is over it but once you do it's quite clearly a baby chick sound)

It's definitely a worm.
  • fresimiasfresimias Posts: 3 New Member
    I think that one Guru said something about the environment getting worse, although I don't know if it happens before you begin de-polluting, during, or after. I think it would be a really good idea to have other sims trying to stop you! It would be a deeper experience for sure.
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    Oh joy. If creating sodas are in not in here, i'll be disappointed.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Though it's not horses (my biggest want) I think it has potential to be a really cool pack. I appreciate spinning something in a new way.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    edited May 2020
    No expectations for this pack, but still let down.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    Maybe we will see a return of the Eco-friendly trait...
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    the render :sob::sob::sob:
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
    Mandie997 wrote: »

It's definitely a worm.

Did they say that? It looks like that to me but I hear chicken sounds very clearly so I'm not convinced. To be honest, I'm SUPER excited about this pack and kinda hoping it IS a worm. I'd prefer a bug box/compost worms to chickens (in the Sims, not IRL haha) but either would be neat I suppose. It's the cleaning stuff up though that I'm more excited about, I don't know if I'd use either feature often, but probably the worms more.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Watched the trailer then watched James Turner and Deligracy trailer reactions and became even more excited. Totally buying this when it drops. My Sims 4 play style is centered on families, lots of relatives and doing normal everyday things. And this will add to it. My Sims will be happy Eco living. :smiley:
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    KTZ wrote: »
    Meh...

oh my god I'd absolutely love that idea. It'd be exactly the kind of stuff you could do with sims 1.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Since I'm a fan of grubby the beginning of the pack looks like an interesting world. I'm still hesitant though. I thought Stangerville would be fun....it was....for a couple of days. The team is coming up with some good ideas...it's just that the game itself is lacking. I'll probably end up buying the pack in the hope that this will be the thing that really catches me. There are things I love about TS4, like CAS. It's wonderful but the game play....for me....not so much.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Watched the trailer then watched James Turner and Deligracy trailer reactions and became even more excited. Totally buying this when it drops. My Sims 4 play style is centered on families, lots of relatives and doing normal everyday things. And this will add to it. My Sims will be happy Eco living. :smiley:

ditto and sounds like we have similar play style. I haven't watched Deli or James vids yet but they are in my "watch later" to watch shortly as soon as my kid is in bed haha, but I'm excited already without watching
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

I loved Plumbella's reaction 'cause I also saw the dirty and went "yaaaaaas!", so happy for pollution.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode