Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I kind of like it but mainly because I liked to have my sims live eco-friendly already (I would have loved a farming pack). There are a few things that I think I will really enjoy like working as a community and the selling craftables but I think this is more suited as a game pack. Hopefully, we will get more info about it but right now it just doesn't look like enough for an expansion.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Here are some packs off the top of my head that I know people would love:

-A pack focused on love and chemistry. Bring back a new and improved chemistry system, blind dates, online dating, etc.

-A family pack focused on babies, toddlers, children and teens. A pack like TS3 generations comes to mind with maybe a few new features here and there (pre-school, outdoor interactions for kids and toddlers like bug-catching or chalk drawing)

-A farming pack focused on well.. farming. Expansive list of crops, fertilizers and tools. Chickens and cows and the ability to breed them/collect from them to earn a living.

These are just off the top of my head. I think TS2 and TS3 came up with great EPS, whether they executed them properly or not, you could take those critiques and turn an old pack that kinda flopped but had great ideas and make it something amazing. Not everything has to be a moral statement or to show how “different” you want TS4 to be. Give the people what they want.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    I watched a few of game changer YouTube videos to see if they had more info. A couple of them referenced a chat that could be seen on the far right of their screen. Does anyone know where this chat is from? Can anyone join?

They were streaming while watching the trailer.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Nevervmind. The buy stuff is actually pretty dope!

EL3.png

Why didn't they show this in the trailer??? I think they also didn't show that there's soda making?

ohhh soda making is interesting...still not seeing 40 bucks though

Yeah me neither lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    -A pack focused on love and chemistry. Bring back a new and improved chemistry system, blind dates, online dating, etc.
    This is LITERALLY the thing I want the most. I want my Sims to have some say in who they want to be with.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that the guy has what looks like big lobe earrings?

Annotation%202020-05-06%20181849.png?dl=0

I have to say I don't like them irl, they make my feel queasy.

Lol when I saw those in the trailer, my first thought was "oh great, every single random townie is gonna walk around with gauges. Gauges and an eyeball ring." :D

Ikr! You know they totally will. lolol!

@elanorbreton Ear gauge earrings always icked me out too.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Be positive be positive be positive. Dang it is hard :)
  • dorotkaeladorotkaela Posts: 143 Member
    I love it!!! Looks right up my street. Hope they add the vegan trait. :)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have interest in this pack so far. It's not necessarily the first idea that I would have asked for but I'm interested in it. I like the idea of an evolving community since I play with a big rotation. I'd like being able to see them interact more with each other. Of course I'm interested in a new world though I do want to see what it is like. It sounds like this is based on the Pacific Northwest and possibly subcultures in Europe.

I do see how it optionally connects to Tiny Living and the knitting pack. Dumpster diving was definitely in the Laundry Day survey so that has been brought back.

Some people complain about StrangerVille but I actually liked it. How much I like the world is going to be a big factor for me. I'd probably lean toward keeping it cleaner, but someone else could have another apocalyptic world.

I'll need to see more info but yes, I have some interest.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited May 2020
    Omri147 wrote: »
    This is LITERALLY the thing I want the most. I want my Sims to have some say in who they want to be with.

Me too! I LOVED that in TS2 Sims picked who they were attracted to and weren’t. It made things way more interesting!

• MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    I like the whole reupholestering and making things out of discarded objects aspect, as well as candle making, but nothing else is really that interesting and it looks lacking in content. Why is this an EP?
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Magnezone wrote: »
    I like the whole reupholestering and making things out of discarded objects aspect, as well as candle making, but nothing else is really that interesting and it looks lacking in content. Why is this an EP?

I wonder, since there's a cardboard dollhouse, do you think that the Sims build it themselves? It would be a fun project for the kids. ;)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • sdtfmsdtfm Posts: 333 Member
    Big oof.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I like the theme and before the trailer, I was really looking forward to it. But after the trailer and the blog post I am a lot less excited. I want to wait for more info but so far it looks empty and full of recycled features. I mean... it is a recycling pack after all.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member

Why is island living a EP ? Future generation of video game historians will study and debate this controversy for century.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2020
    Omri147 wrote: »

Me too! I LOVED that in TS2 Sims picked who they were attracted to and weren’t. It made things way more interesting!
    I literally recreated over 200 of my TS4 Sims in TS2 just to see who they are attracted to so I can pair them up!!
  • YialinYialin Posts: 2 New Member
    Focus on 5. This is trash.
  • chillriverchillriver Posts: 5 New Member
    Please create a pack that allows sims to play music collectively with other sims. Just to jam, but ALSO create a band? There could even be a battle of the bands event or something. Introduce instruments like drums and base guitar etc.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »

Why is island living a EP ? Future generation of video game historians will study and debate this controversy for century.

Lol :joy:
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    This looks so cool!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    So, we got Realm of Magic, a Game Pack, highly and consistently requested for years with endless gameplay potential, with a bazillion threads of players throwing out magical ideas, enough to easily be a full Expansion Pack, cut down to a smaller DLC, thus disappointing a lot of people when it came out because it felt like it should have been bigger.... Meanwhile, this Eco Living concept, which comes from a Stuff Pack idea, which already had thematic DLC added to the game, with an Off the Grid lot trait and a conservationist career in a different EP... this concept, which, yes, was requested at the time of the Laundry vote, but then tapered off in favor of other requests... gets a full Expansion Pack?

Yeah this has got to be one of the worst things about it actually. Why not give us a dark seedy magic world? And uhm idk EP-sized WITCHES 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I understand that you can't please everyone but it isn't like this community isn't vocal enough for them to not have noticed the uber subtle hints to "we want a magic EP" and confused them with "eco living, anyone?"

ETA: of course your post was generally spot-on, as always

IL => no eco stuff, fleshed out mermaids and many more water activities
    Magic => EP, big beautiful world, magic for kids
    Tiny Living, knitting & IL environmental stuff => off you go eco living (and a chicken, yes please?)
    Another occult pack with ghosts, astrology, tea leaves, ouija boards, just all the way

Yeah, wouldn't that have been nice
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'm disappointed it doesn't include cars. That would have made the pack interesting to me. As a "life simulator" I can't believe after all this time we still don't have cars.

The pack doesn't look very interesting to me. I'll probably get it eventually - on sale - but it looks like a Strangerville/Island Living mashup - play through once and then done. The Conservationist career in IL is not that fun and this doesn't look like a lot of fun either, really.

Now, as someone else mentioned, if there was the option to turn all worlds into the dirty polluted world, to clean up, that would definitely make it more interesting.
    edited May 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    So, we got Realm of Magic, a Game Pack, highly and consistently requested for years with endless gameplay potential, with a bazillion threads of players throwing out magical ideas, enough to easily be a full Expansion Pack, cut down to a smaller DLC, thus disappointing a lot of people when it came out because it felt like it should have been bigger.... Meanwhile, this Eco Living concept, which comes from a Stuff Pack idea, which already had thematic DLC added to the game, with an Off the Grid lot trait and a conservationist career in a different EP... this concept, which, yes, was requested at the time of the Laundry vote, but then tapered off in favor of other requests... gets a full Expansion Pack?

Yeah this has got to be one of the worst things about it actually. Why not give us a dark seedy magic world? And uhm idk EP-sized WITCHES 🌺🌺🌺🌺. I understand that you can't please everyone but it isn't like this community isn't vocal enough for them to not have noticed the uber subtle hints to "we want a magic EP" and confused them with "eco living, anyone?"

ETA: of course your post was generally spot-on, as always

IL => no eco stuff, fleshed out mermaids and many more water activities
    Magic => EP, big beautiful world, magic for kids
    Tiny Living, knitting & IL environmental stuff => off you go eco living (and a chicken, yes please?)
    Another occult pack with ghosts, astrology, tea leaves, ouija boards, just all the way

Yeah, wouldn't that have been nice

I always defended that witches should have been made a true EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1