Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm not overly excited about this to be honest, but I am trying to keep an open mind. There are a lot of other things I am missing, but I think I will still enjoy some of the new features. I am looking forward to finding out more, especially about crafting and the new freelance career.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I'm just here to announce how disappointed I am that that cute chicken coop looking coop is NOT a chicken coop. And that I hope there's not too much dire consequences if I left it grungey and dirty. I really wanted a sims 4 Twinbrook and its finally here. What would be nice is if you could find car parts among all that junk and restore it to make a- oh well, not gonna happen. Will wait for LGR reviews :smile:
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    ...chickens are the only part that MAY interest me..but >.< Please stop with the cringe songs in our sims ads...please...the music almost ruined it entirely for me.

EDIT : WAIT THOSE AREN'T CHICKS?! in that case NEVERMIND not getting it at all.

what chickens?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited May 2020
    marcel21 wrote: »
    ...chickens are the only part that MAY interest me..but >.< Please stop with the cringe songs in our sims ads...please...the music almost ruined it entirely for me.

EDIT : WAIT THOSE AREN'T CHICKS?! in that case NEVERMIND not getting it at all.

what chickens?

People confused (myself) the worm as a chick ;-; I rewatched NOT to mention at that part there are bird chirping, so...wow...
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    @SquirrelTail15
    Okaaaaay. I'm a fan. But it doesn't look as good as I thought it would... maybe I'll wait for a sale. Seems to have lit the same idea as the Island Living pack, but then again I'm a Stardew Valley fan so it just might be fun. We'll see. Would have definitely preferred a farming pack, but I don't reckon we'll ever get that after this.
    This is exactly what makes me want to curl up in a little ball and cry endlessly. I just see no way of farming coming to the sims 4 anymore.

I personally think that we'll get the farming pack sooner or later. :) TBF, it's a shame that the fake leak has distorted everyone's expectations on the next pack, hence, it makes it hard for some of us to accept what we'll be getting now. I personally have my own favourites too, but I learn to accept what others Simmers enjoy for their gameplay.

Sometimes, it's something that I don't even bother to have, but the more I read about it, it's kinda fun to play with it too. TBH, farming is not on my priority list, and so do the Eco-living gameplay or even any occults, but, the more I read, the more I play with it, it's not too bad. Sometimes, playing something out of our comfort zone can be exciting too. :)

OID:- x4m1r4
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My decisions to buy a pack are always based on what I'm doing in my game now and whether it would fit any of my rotational families. And right now Billie Jang just got divorced and seems like just the sort of sim who would become an activist, besides as an artist she'd love the crafting bits. So I'm likely to get it. I just have to decide if I'm going to pay full price and get it before that family comes up in my current rotation, or wait until it comes on sale for the first time and have them continue as they were until then...

I think the big gameplay aspect is going to be the community area. I hope there is more than one, and I hope they can continue to adapt and change over time. If there are several different options or combinations that can take place in that space (hopefully those spaces), they likely take up the bulk of the resources that make this an expansion rather than a game pack (plus the graphical load of the various states of pollution). Most of the rest looks like individual gameplay objects, a new crafting system shared among a few new categories of products, and a couple of careers, which would all fit in a game pack I should think.

I would prefer if the pollution is either limited to the new world or has toggles for allowing it in other worlds. I play different content with every family in my rotation to keep things from getting stale, so I don't want all of them to have to focus on green living just so I can see the sky in the worlds I already paid for. I would want my other families to be able to make candles and upcycle furniture and such as suits their personalities, but I'd rather only have one world polluted.

I do think Tiny Living looks like it was stuff that didn't fit in this pack that got pulled out and released first.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2020
    The zombies made a mess having rubbish everywhere, then they got eaten by flies, so survivors are cleaning up after the vegetable eating, undeads mess 😂 and building stuff lol
  • bearah530bearah530 Posts: 1 New Member
    pretty disappointed. it just seems like a bunch of recycled stuff that should have been in other packs. the concept is really cool, but do i think it's worth $40? no. it would be better as a game pack for sure. i'm still going to buy/use it because it does seem interesting but i would like more bang for my buck.
  • LoveLifeMusic93LoveLifeMusic93 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yea...this pack is lame. I’m all for an eco-friendly lifestyle, but there could be so much more to this!!
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    The ladders comes in a free update and recolors comes with the game.
    They mentioned "Brave" in the blog post. Maybe I am hoping for more but will we get a Brave trait?
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    this trailer did not help me decide if I want it
    First island living now whatever this is :#
    cleaning up the town again :o
    the expansions really are getting worse with even less.
    its dislike all over social media.
    EA what is this terrible trailer all about :#

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    Kind of looks like another Island Living expansion. It will probably be fun for a couple days and then there will be nothing more to do. Just seems like a game pack. Just stop making expansions already and just make game packs. That is all we get anymore anyways. We get $20 game packs and $40 game packs that are moonlighting as expansion packs.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    I just.. I reeeeeally wish those worms were something else... anything else.

Like, food?

Or caterpillars that turn into beautiful butterflies.

They might be! That would be amazing! Apparently it's an insect farm so we will see what it brings.
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

more like

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack mostly in Evergreen Harbor!
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I really hope that now that we'll have Eco Lifestyle, Tiny Living, and Island Living the SimGurus have gotten the need to promote eco consciousness out of their system. The more I see the trailer, the saltier I get, so I think I'm going to take another long break from the Sims.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    What do EPs in TS4 really "expand" at this point? The last EP that "expanded" TS4 was Seasons, and Get Together before that. You know, since they added a long lasting system that expands gameplay?

I'm not opposed to the theme, but this is literally Strangerville with a bigger world. And Strangerville was fun and weird FOR A WEEK. And that's it. Why would I possibly replay it? Anywho, they've always wanted to try their ideas and it's their game, but I think they've forgotten it's a video game and not a millenial screenshot simulator.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    At the end of the trailer is that a bicycle or a scooter? its hard to tell
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    At the beginning of the trailer, for a second, I thought it looked like the sims were rebuilding the world after an apocalypse or zombie apocalypse and I thought, COOOOOL!! It isn't that at all but it would sure be fun it if was.
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    Cherryl93 wrote: »
    On the other hand it feels like EA is so desperately trying to prove it’s an ethical company with modern norms and values.
    - EA is a sustainable company = eco living
    - EA is anti racism = different cultures (names/looks/foods)
    - EA is LGBT friendly = Same sex households, transgender sims
    - EA cares about equal rights = let’s put a female sim as the main sim on every cover / in every trailer

Don’t get me wrong. These are all very positive introductions to the game. However, it seems EA cares more about its image lately than about its actual games, a feeling that wasn’t around in previous sims series. If only we could go back to the times where the created content was actually about adding value to the game.
    this!
    its obvious what EA tries to achieve. plus they already admitted they are focusing on content teen girls want in S4. All the stuff we got in S4 is so todays youth and interests. nothing wrong with that as I enjoy/love the content too(well done lol) but its just lacking so much things... missing so much other stuff still.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    More items for the crafting shop, yes!

And off-the-grid power sources and water collecting devices... Should help make that lot trait more realistic. :)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    At the end of the trailer is that a bicycle or a scooter? its hard to tell

I think that's a recycled bicycle of sorts made of wood.
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Not looking forward to this one either. This theme should not have been an EP. Honestly Generations or a Farming pack were what most of the community here wanted.

Eco Living won that stuff pack vote a while ago based on the other themes that were on that survey. If Farming or Generations was on that same survey it would not have won.

Severely disappointed and let down yet again.

It takes three years to make and EP and lots of people were requesting climate change themes a few years ago. They can't always do what's in high demand at the moment, but maybe they've seen what we're asking for now and started working on a new Farming or Generations pack to come out in a few years...
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    This trailer just made me become a Paralives patron. I think I'll just put my money towards new developers that want the same thing out of a life simulation as I do.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    APotts wrote: »
    I seem to recall this really excellent survey not to long ago, it asked a ton of great questions, which led me to believe the Sims team finally got us, and that soon we would see changes to our game like improvements to shallow personalities and shallow relationships, and other cool stuff. Based on that survey, I really expected alot from our next EP, but instead we get this... Another lifeless GP incorrectly labeled as a EP? From what I can see so far it is neither exciting or game changing. Unless they will be patching in massive changes to the current boring personality system I just can't...

Call me when it goes on sale for $14.99, because I don't see a reason to pay full price for this one.

If it was not long ago it'll be a year before we get it. It takes time from idea to execution!