Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited May 2020
    It looks okay
    This looks like a repetition of several items and animations from previous packs. Always these big machines and this tapping on tablet pcs.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    It should be a game pack
    This looks like a repetition of several items and animations from previous packs. Always these big machines and this tapping on tablet pcs.

Oh God, you're right. This is tablet number six, isn't it?
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Not buying it
    Indeed let’s create a big crafting station with a screen. Recycle animation of tapping screen and viola a new object is created. This is no gameplay. Even a good modder can do a better job than this.
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    This expansion pack and the knitting stuff pack will be bought when it’s on sale. Not worth $40 or $10, I’m sorry😕
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    not paying 40 bucks but I want the ghetto world...lol
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited May 2020
    I couldn't vote because there wasn't a suitable option. I'm not excited, I'm confused. I thought it would be eco lifestyle in a countryside, not in an industrial town. I wasn't a fan of what I saw in the trailer and this is the first time I'm not excited about an expansion pack in Sims 4. I'm gonna buy it, because I want the complete game, but I don't expect it to be much fun. Maybe I will be surprised, I hope so. :|
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    It looks okay
    I feel a little more excited than my vote but I couldn’t honesty vote for I can’t wait because that’s not true. I’m more intrigued than anything and curious to see what this has to offer. I feel like it could be fun.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    If it has the options to custom make the world in option menu for Utopia & Armaggaton. Also, a large world of 15 lots.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    It should be a game pack
    Recycling apparently is the main theme both in-game and development wise.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2020
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I couldn't vote because there wasn't a suitable option. I'm not excited, I'm confused. I thought it would be eco lifestyle in a countryside, not in an industrial town. I wasn't a fan of what I saw in the trailer and this is the first time I'm not excited about an expansion pack in Sims 4. I'm gonna buy it, because I want the complete game, but I don't expect it to be much fun. Maybe I will be surprised, I hope so. :|

I completely agree. I guess that is their perspective of eco-lifestyle. Some of them do look interesting like candle-making, etc, but in the city? Not my cup of tea, I am presuming we can choose other towns in the game like Newcrest, etc, but still. I am picturing it in a large field with a few small houses, a small garden, few farm animals, no electricity, etc. Maybe we will learn more about it later coming. Or the next expansion might be completely focused on country life with farm animals, etc. :)

• Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2020
    It should be a game pack
    Chimp2678 wrote: »
    I am presuming we can choose other towns in the game like Newcrest, etc, but still.

If you're talking about the pollution and conservation aspects, literally nothing else in this game's history should give you reason to presume that. There's way more evidence to suggest the scope of this pack's main feature only goes as far as the new town. It'd be great if I'm wrong. But I'm willing to bet that I'm not.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    It should be a game pack
    The gameplay seems hella boring. They literally filled a whole world with trash so the player can clean up after them...it's almost like an analogy of some sort. I'll probably buy it for the world though, which looks really post-apocalyptic at the start, and just keep it as it is for my criminal sims :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited May 2020
    It should be a game pack
    It's hard to tell from that trailer what kind of game play it will have, but I am definitely excited for wind turbines, solar panels, composting, candle making and it looks like some more kinds of dystopian typed BB.
    From recent past packs, I feel like it's going to be IL all over again, great concepts and beautiful world but not much meat to be a full expansion price.

I need more information but I'm certain I'll buy it eventually. Either on sale or in a bundle but so far it's not appearing to be worth a full EP price to me.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited May 2020
    It looks okay
    Honestly not sure I'd play through the world improvement process multiple times but the build/buy looks great so far, and a lot of the other stuff (candle making, insect farming, vertical food garden) I'd get serious use out of. I need to actually play the community action thing and its results before I can up my vote on this one. I like the general concept of affecting the world, and I like it in IL even if I don't act on it a whole lot.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    It looks okay
    I’m not sure what to think yet. Whoever makes the trailers lately does an ok not great job. I usually wait for the livestream to really decide.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    It looks okay
    I will be honest and admit I wasn't particularly excited when I first saw the theme for our next EP. There are definitely many others I would have preferred, but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy some of the new features. I will keep an open mind for now.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I can't vote. I know I will not buy it at launch and most likely not for full price if I do end up getting it. I have to watch actual gameplay footage first, and not the developer livestream or gamechangers content. I am already predicting empty gameplay circa Island Living style and a pack walk-through aspiration like we had in City Living, Island Living, and Strangerville.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    I can’t wait!
    i think it looks interesting and it's new game play so i'll jump
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    I might get it on sale if it is cheap enough and there are enough items / new game play that I want. Although I haven't seen enough yet to make me want to buy it.

- I don't really want a neighborhood that I need to work at to make look ok. I just want more neighborhoods (or worlds or whatever they are calling them) in my game. I just want more lots for my rotational plays!
    - They already did Tiny Living and Island Living which at this point look very similar to this EP (probably could have combined them).
    - Seems like there isn't much new game play (yet to be seen though).

This is really just my opinion as I recognize that some will love this game. But I am more of a family player and this really doesn't interest me. I feel like it has been a while since we got something that would add to the type of game I play.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    I'll only buy it if it comes with a significant amount of gameplay for children and toddlers. Otherwise I'm not interested at all. I doubt that will happen though so this might be the first expansion pack I skip.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    It looks okay
    Just in the few hours since the trailer released, I have changed my mind a bit. I'm still not over-the-moon excited for it, but I'm seeing a lot more potential in it. I like the world, the candle-making and fizzy juice making aspects. I guess you could say it's growing on me. I would have preferred another theme but I'm not writing this theme off completely. I can't wait for more info and gameplay.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Already bought it.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I love the vertical gardening to grow your own food and save space at the same time, among many other features of this!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    It should be a game pack
    echo theme again :#
    clean the town again :#
    why a expansion?
    looks like another island living worth of features meant for a game pack, labelled Ep

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I'm going to be honest and say the trailer and the blog leave me disappointed, simply because it's not what I wanted (which is not to say it's good or bad, it just subverted my expectations).

I am actually really excited about the candle making and making things from trash.
    I'm curious about the windmills, solar panels, and the vertical gardening. Will this work off-the-grid or is it just a way to reduce bills on lots with electricity? I guess it's a dumb question, but with this game you never know.

I'm a bit worried about the replay-ability. But I am trying to keep myself from seeing it as being overly goal-driven, and trying to think of it in terms of Sims don't have to clean up the town, or they can clean it up to an extent and maybe they don't finish, etc...
    The clean up aspect seems very clearly isolate to the new world, so I'm hoping there are A LOT of other minor elements that can be easily incorporated into the other worlds/lifestyles of Sims.
    I do agree that it seems like many of the concepts were pulled from other packs.

Definitely just going to wait to get some reviews of this before I decide to buy it or not.

As an aside, I am still waiting on a regression in modernity that, at this point, I don't think I'm going to find in a new Sims game. :/