Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Appreciation Thread

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Dirty world, cas and build/buy that fits my likes, the prepack ladder update! Additions to off the grid to finally make it more playable.Lots to like for me.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited May 2020
    What I like the most is the sims are parts of the world and the world is a part of their life.
    Change the world will change their everyday life.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I really hope that the world regresses and does not stay clean once cleaned.

Looking forward to the new world and new premades
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    It also occurs to me that Evergreen Harbor may be the perfect setting for the "Tragedy" portion of my (still somewhat in development) Seven Plots challenge. Either that or the Redemption one. Just because it looks like a world where you can play an evil sim and not fight the game as much for consequences. (or at least certain consequences.)
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Candlemaking, upcycling, community coting, CAS and BB items, the look of the world, wind turbines, solar panels, directly influencing where you live/cause and effect, what's not to like? I'm really looking forward to this expansion pack and I wasn't even one of the ones who voted for Eco Living back in the day! This looks like a lot of fun with a lot of new avenues!
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I think I will change in one of my played family the lot trait back to the off the grid and build windmills or solarpanels, in case they will working on the off the grid sulani plot and doing al the other stuff from the pack. One sims will definitely move to the new city.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I'm not sure how much I'll like the pollution cleaning and activism aspects, though it kind of fits one of my families perfectly. But almost every individual gameplay piece I've seen so far excites me. The crafting aspect is very exciting, I don't know about hugging bugs but raising them sounds fun, death by flies, the community space possibilities, cardboard dollhouses, new aspects to gardening...
    I'm much more confident I want this pack than I have been about the past few.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited May 2020
    I really hope that the world regresses and does not stay clean once cleaned.

Maybe something like StrangerVille, when you reached the goal you can choose how the world should be.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    I'm already prepraring a story for this pack:

I'm thinking about making a poor hippie woman who is very much into green politics, crafting and eco living.

She starts out by living in a simple tiny container home that is made out of starting funds.

The house starts as an off the grid home but later on it will run on sun power and wind power.

She has a maker career and makes candles, soda, furniture and other stuff that she will sell. She is very active in her community and also like to dumbster dive in her sparetime.

She also have a roof top garden where she has a lot of plants and she also got bees and bugs in her garden that she consider to be her best friends.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Ooh I know who I want to move into the new world... I have the Greenwood family in my game, remember them from sims 3 Twinbrook? The eco loving family :)

I was wondering how I could play out their story and now I will be able to. Awesome.

I also have a family who will be well at home amongst the smog, dirt and grime.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    @M1ss_Plumbum sounds like a really fun scenario. I love it when new content spurs the imagination.
    @elanorbreton I have them in my game also! I won't be playing them but will definitely move them to Evergreen Harbor.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I will be moving my painter sim there. She'll live in a container and sell her paintings in the community market. She'll then marry a criminal sim i'll make and while she'll be involving in the community trying to make it better he'll be doing his business in the trashy alleys. He won't have interest in any improvement cause his business works better in this environment. She'll eventually fall in love with a handsome candle maker that shares her vision of life. Oh man i'm so looking forward for release date 😂
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm actually pretty excited about this one. The CAS and build items look like stuff I would definitely use. The clothing reminds me of people I knew, in the outdoorsy-hippie-artist community I grew up in.

I always like to get more crafting options (for some reason I love watching my sims make things. lol.) and I like the candle making and up-cycling crafting ideas a lot! I am pleased to see options for sims producing their own power etc and I hope they also work on the "off the grid" lots we already have.

It looks like there are some new options for gardens (like vertical garden and possibly a different looking garden box?) and also, the pollinator house is super cute. :heart: I will totally be revamping my favorite witch's cottage garden... She'll need to learn candle making too, I think. :smile:

And as crazy as it might sound I am excited to have a seriously polluted world to use as the setting for certain types of stories (that have nothing to do with cleaning it up). :naughty: I hope it's actually as polluted as it looks in the trailer.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I wanted a farming expansion mainly because I was hoping off the grid would be expanded upon as well as new crafts and skills. So I'm getting excited learning about this pack because it checks a lot of those boxes.

Candle making
    Fizzy drink making
    Upcycling/refurbishing furniture and appliances
    3D printer/inventing
    Solar panels
    Water collectors
    Community gardens
    Dumpster diving
    New wood working projects maybe (woodworking bench was in the trailer)
    Metal working with recycled scrap possibly
    New piercings
    The hat the red head was wearing

This pack will be great for a rags to riches type story.
    And since there are features left out that could fit in a farming expansion, we may still get that someday.

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    The only thing I'm really excited about is the new world, mainly for two reasons:

1. I'm running low on space in all the other worlds, so a new one is always welcome
    2. I've been waiting for a run-down, post-apocalyptic world for ages. This is the perfect place for my criminals to live in. And fight me if you want, but I prefer the original version of the world much more to the cleaned up version, because the latter just looks like all the other happy happy wonderlands we've gotten during the last six years.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    The only thing so far I am looking forward to is ladders. Yay ladders.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Just red about ladders being patched in. That's gonna be useful ;)
    Also noticed the candle making which will probably be used in the Plopsy feature from the upcoming Knifty Knitting SP.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I remembered back when Laundry Day came out that there was a lot on the voting list that were crafts and making your own stuff while living off the grid. Wow, the devs actually listened to everyone who wanted this. :)

I love the crafts, plus the ladders, plus some other stuff I can't remember what I saw in the trailer...will go watch it some more. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I love the new world and I definitely plan on playing saves where I keep it polluted. The new objects are fantastic especially the freight boxes and Ladder! There only thing I'm sad about is that I doubt there will be the ability to build apartments in Evergreen Harbour.
    Just red about ladders being patched in. That's gonna be useful ;)
    Also noticed the candle making which will probably be used in the Plopsy feature from the upcoming Knifty Knitting SP.

Yes. Glad the ladders will be in the patch so those who are not buying the pack will get the ladder. 👍

Can't wait to sell candles on Plopsy.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I just saw the blurb about using found items and dumpster diving to create items for your home and new clothes. I almost always start my next generation sims off with 0 money and I'm pretty excited about more options for that. Grungy matress found in the dumpster, YES PLEASE.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ladders. Hopefully they can be placed inside too.

Yes they can ;)

Can it be connected to the roof too? Say, if we want to build an attic?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’m wondering that too.
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ladders. Hopefully they can be placed inside too.

Yes they can ;)

Can it be connected to the roof too? Say, if we want to build an attic?

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm looking forward to the entire thing as a whole, but I was extra thrilled to see that candle-making will be a thing. Ladders will be super useful in different builds. I enjoy making a difference in Sulani (there right now) and in StrangerVille, so I'm looking forward to be making an impact in the new neighborhood. I'm also excited to meet the new premades and discover every little new thing in CAS and build mode. I also like the idea of promoting better environmental behavior through a game. So, yeah.. I feel like a kid waiting to open an present =)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted