Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evergreen Harbor Discussion Thread

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    It has waterfalls as well.

That was a dam, not a waterfall. :)

Those are still waterfalls coming off the dam.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Yuna wrote: »
    I tried counting... I guess its having like 11-12 lots..

Where?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Those aren’t actual waterfalls tho. It’s just the water from the lake and dam cycling through.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    I wish the lots in this world are really that small, packed, and plenty. It feels like my own neighborhood.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited May 2020
    Is this a bit of it? I was hunting around Google and saw this labelled as Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle:

Edit: I took out the pic cos I don't want to mislead anyone.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Is this a bit of it? I was hunting around Google and saw this labelled as Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle:

sims-4-eco-lifestyle-art-trailer-gameplay-768x768.jpg

I'm pretty sure that is from Brindleton Bay, the New England themed world from Cats and Dogs.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    That is the Hounds Head 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay, turned into a park.
    @Thetford & @CelSims Oh yeah, I can see that now that you've said. Some people are so misleading online, I don't know why that site posted that pic next to the new EP announcement.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2020
    calaprfy wrote: »

I'm tempted to leave the world in it's original poor-stricken state.

Hahahaha @calaprfy that was one of my first thoughts too 😏
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I took screen caps. It looks pretty!

2JdLYKm.jpg

I wonder how many lots there will be in the new world...I can't help but notice that in this screenshot it only looks like there is only one lot where you can build.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    In the press release it seems that they say the world will be in a default state and it can improve or regress depending on sim actions. I find that interesting.
    I loved the harbour alleys full of trash. I think it will be good for some stories.
    And the community space looks very cool too.
    Here's another buildable Lot from the trailer:
    Harbour.png?dl=0

It's funny cos I built a rooftop garden on the arts penthouse in San Myshuno last week :)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    The world with its waterfalls and polar lights may be a reverence to TS3 Aurora Skies which is generally nice. I hope we can play it without the eco story (unlike Strangerville).
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

zWzTKOh.png
    2JdLYKm.jpg

Comparing these before-and-after pictures, it looks like there are at least 5 lots that can be built on.

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Another thing that looks remarkable is that the lots seem very cleanly attached to streets - like already in Glimmerbrook. This hasn't been so in previous packs and may be a hint that at some point they decided to make a cars pack in the future.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    It looks very much like the Pacific Northwest of the US to me.

With the way the tiny lots are build, the train tracks and the harbour, to me it looks a lot like a Japanese suburban town.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    In the press release it seems that they say the world will be in a default state and it can improve or regress depending on sim actions. I find that interesting.
    I loved the harbour alleys full of trash. I think it will be good for some stories.

very similar to oasis landing from into the future. A pity that we continue to limit some fun mechanics to worlds, like the apartments in the city living, it would be fun if the pollution actually spread to other worlds and we could choose which ones these were.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

zWzTKOh.png
    2JdLYKm.jpg

Comparing these before-and-after pictures, it looks like there are at least 5 lots that can be built on.

It's possible those houses are updating as the neighbourhood gets greener. Might not be buildable lots.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Is it just me, or does it look a bit like Canada?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does it look a bit like Canada?

There's definitely a Vancouver vibe to it, but also a lot of Seattle, Washington.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There's a lot of pines in the background, and some alpine landscapes. Plus of course, the Northern Lights can be seen in Canada.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2020
    There's a lot of pines in the background, and some alpine landscapes. Plus of course, the Northern Lights can be seen in Canada.

Yep. I think it's an amalgam. Washington State has the same geography as just north of the border. The port area looks very Vancouver, BC, to me, but the town buildings in the "after" remind me of Seattle's Pike Place Market. Not sure you can see the Northern Lights from any city with a container harbor IRL, though!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    akaseven wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

very similar to oasis landing from into the future. A pity that we continue to limit some fun mechanics to worlds, like the apartments in the city living, it would be fun if the pollution actually spread to other worlds and we could choose which ones these were.

But i don't want to play the anti pollution thing in every save... or have all worlds polluted in every save...
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I have to say, while I might not be overly excited about the gameplay (that might change as more info comes out), I do really like the look of the world. I like both states, grungy and clean, it feels different. It looks like the lots are really close to one another, which makes it feel more like a close-knit community. I think it has a lot of possibilities.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

Yep. I think it's an amalgam. Washington State has the same geography as just north of the border. The port area looks very Vancouver, BC, to me, but the town buildings in the "after" remind me of Seattle's Pike Place Market. Not sure you can see the Northern Lights from any city with a container harbor IRL, though!

You can see the Northern Lights in Seattle - not regularly, but I've seen them before.

Also, to keep with the Seattle vibe, those pictures of the rusted machinery (I'm not sure what to call them?) remind me a lot of Gasworks Park.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.