Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Features In Eco Lifestyle

13...Next

Comments

• M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited May 2020
    Well I know I said that I predicted a mix between Brooklyn and European cities. The more I look at the two pictures we have so far, the more I think the style of the pack will be different.

The climate looks warmer and more dry but still there's mauntains and pinetrees. And the buildings doesn't seem that urban or Northern European to me.

Now, I think the style can be inspired by mountain towns in the Alpes and inspired more by Southern European countries like Italy, Slovakia or Switzerland. That's also very interesting.

I still do hope for something more urban and Scandinavian later on though, but i'm pretty sure we won't get that style in this pack.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Maybe its an old industrial town that has rejected its industrial polluting past and is now focused modern green technology and letting nature reclaim areas. Thats the vibe I get from this latest picture. I like it!
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Does someone have the link that leads to where we will be able to watch the trailer?
    ImSands wrote: »
    Maybe its an old industrial town that has rejected its industrial polluting past and is now focused modern green technology and letting nature reclaim areas. Thats the vibe I get from this latest picture. I like it!

Yea that’s very likely.

It’s a good idea. Only 8 minutes left of speculation!!!

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    It reminds me a lot of Concrete, where my mom grew up.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited May 2020
    Does someone have the link that leads to where we will be able to watch the trailer?

@LenaDieters

https://youtu.be/Q2ce9VSNsjE
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    Well looks like people are gonna spend 40$ on ladders
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Okay, we've got candles, fizzy juice, upcycling, Maker career and Freelance Crafter (and believe me those caught my attention), I think I saw a chicken coop.

Didn't see hydroponics, though.

But I don't think I'll regret getting this one.

And hey, people have wanted grunge for a while too. Keeping it that way just isn't the purpose of the pack. :wink:
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Yup I'm spending big money on piercings and ladders, thanks EA
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    That was no chicken coop lol. You could see insect/worms on the sides, probably some insect house again.
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    also you will get voting for every choice, and if you dont fix things they will go back to the bad style... also there will be northen light in the sky if it is all cleaned up according to the pr site...
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited May 2020
    Jean wrote: »
    That was no chicken coop lol. You could see insect/worms on the sides, probably some insect house again.

But the Sim grabbed a fluffy yellow thing from it and I think I heard a chirp.

Edit:I stand corrected it was a huge bug & it was like a bug chirp lol
  • mollyllopemollyllope Posts: 4 New Member
    Why add pollution to a game just to get rid of it? seems super super bazar to me. I for sure will skip this one !
  • HannaEBHannaEB Posts: 37 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's the Pacific Northwest. The world is a total mashup of Vancouver BC, Seattle, and Portland. Those painted tanks? Along the river in Vancouver. The brick building with the tower? Union Station in Portland.

Sad there is no sign of chickens. That compost bin had better be a riot to play with because cuddling a worm is just weird.
  • HannaEBHannaEB Posts: 37 Member
    edited May 2020

I think it's a composter? The circles with the holes on the side also look like mason bee tubes
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    The blog said that wind turbines and solar panels can make bills cheaper, but I wonder if we can place them in off the grid lots to bring electricity to those lots.
    I was one of those few people who actually predicted that we would get this pack in 2020. I’m very pleased to see, that I was right.

As a person who is very much into this theme IRL, I have some specific hopes and thoughts about this pack.

These are my predictions for this pack:
    1. Many great leftover ideas from the Community Stuff Pack 1 will be featured in this pack.
    2. “Evergreen Harbour” will look like a mix between Brooklyn (New York, NY) and modern parts of Northern European cities like Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Berlin.
    3.The overall theme will be a mix between something rustic / industrial and something very modern and urban. B/B-items will also reflect this style.
    3. We will see a mix between nature and city, like industrial flats with wall or roof gardens. The B/B-items will be made of natural and sustainble materiels like wood, bamboo, rattan, wool, cotton etc. Some B/B-items might look like it’s made out of reclaimed materials.
    4. One focus will be on “community space projects” which means that the sims actually have an impact on the city. The sims will make big DIY-projects like community gardens, city architecture, art installations etc. together with other sims.
    5. Another focus will be on “reducing eco foodprint” which means using sustainable energy sources, zero wasting etc.
    6. The CAS-items will be very fashionable and edgy. We will see “remanufactured” or “thrifted” styles of clothing. Think urban hippies, hipsters and bohemians.
    7. We will probably see something added to the Off The Grid lot trait.

The key words will be: CREATIVE, URBAN, FUN and GREEN!!!!

Let’s see tomorrow.

Peace out! Love and harmony to you all!!!

I think I was very close!!! I’m soooo happy for this pack!!!

Will be one of my favorites!!! ❤️✌️🌸
    he is having a heart for the big fat worm... lmao hahaha this amuse me... i am gonna make him and rename him after a character in the show Bones...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    he is having a heart for the big fat worm... lmao hahaha this amuse me... i am gonna make him and rename him after a character in the show Bones...

Hodgins ?
    Dianesims wrote: »

Hodgins ?

hahhaha yes him :P lmao hhahaha this is modern Hodgins...
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    One important thing to me is that the world has a swimmable ocean and lakes.

where you read it?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I like the crafts and the possibility of playing the conservation way or just the dirty industrial town. They ticked two boxes there and i like both.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2020
    HannaEB wrote: »

I think it's a composter? The circles with the holes on the side also look like mason bee tubes

Looks to me like they're grubs that grew up into these crickets:

EDIT: Yep:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Oh no, are those old whale oil tankers? This new world has a dark past.
    Yeah northwest had those. My ancestors used to hunt sharks which makes me sad because I love sharks.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller