Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    It's sad that we're gonna have 9 EPs and the only one I think is actually good and has enough content is Seasons. Anything else has been pretty disappointing so far. Heck, I'll even give Get Together points for the club feature which gives some really creative possibilities.

It seems that new worlds take too much development resources from EPs so they barely get other features and ones that are completely world-based like City Living, Island Living and this one suffer the most from it.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    It's kinda tragically hilarious though.

Simmers: Chickens would be cool to have.
    EA: here you go, WORMS!
    Simmers: :#:s

Seriously, what the hell is up with the worms?? I don't understand.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Recycled animations and objects and no new gameplay. Look worse than island living. I am happy to pay the cost of a stuff pack for this thank you very much.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Well it's an insect farm.That is kinda cool, but why would a sim cuddle it ?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Always a treat when you make these threads :) thank you from the bottom of my heart.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    muze wrote: »
    > @sam123 said:
    > We needed a thread for this.
    >
    > This pack is extremely disappointing.
    >
    > Literally Island Living and Strangerville all in one. Once you clean up the world it is going to be a normal functioning world. Where is the gameplay afterwards? This should NOT have been an EP. Severly disappointed. It sucks because I was just getting back into the Sims again.

Exactly. Plus, if it will only be limited to the new world, isn't it supposed to be a gamepack?

Yep. Should deff have been a GP. Just when I thought TS4 was going okay they end up doing something like this.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited May 2020
    Simmers: We want farms, please
    EA: Here's an insect farm :trollface:
    Simmers: :angry:

Honestly, I just hope after this reaction the devs will think twice about putting out this kind of content (they probably won't though). Let's hope this will be the last pack of its kind and they've finally got it out of their system.

I actually really enjoyed StrangerVille's story because it made sense - here it just feels... forced somehow. I don't know. It just feels weird, man
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Where do I even start...

This is literally the 4th eco friendly environmentalism tree hugging related piece of content they've done for this game. The 3rd in a year. What is with the obsession with 'going green' in this game? So many themes haven't even been touched yet, but we've gotten so much of this in such a short time. I'm just bored of it.

This pack is a combination of the worst aspects of Island Living and Stangerville all in one pack. I was turned off of Island Living when instead of adding hotels (something normal for an island pack), they added a trash clean up brigade. Strangerville was unappealing because it started off as a monster mess and your forced mission was to fix it. Now here, there's an entire disgusting world that you need to clean up. That's just not my idea of fun.

It's way too over the top. As I mentioned in the announcement thread, this pack looks like it's marketed toward very young kids with exaggerated ideas on the effect litter has on the world. When I first saw the world in that trailer, I was just shocked. It looked like a meteor hit and we were seeing the results of an apocalypse. I was expecting a quiet little town with community gardens and stuff like that, not people living in dumpsters and walking down streets of garbage. I get that this is a game and it doesn't need to be accurate but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll take a garbage man career, but this is just too much.

And then the typical issues. No content for elders, toddlers and kids. Probably only the bare minimum for teens. Looking to be 0 replay value. All in all, I'm lost as to why this is an entire EP.

THIS!! So true.

I am so sick of the transparent agenda EA is following. It's not about what the community needs or wants, but it's trying to fit THEIR agenda into ours, mingle it and 'trying' to make the best of it. It's too obvious. Certain subjects are really being forced down our throats and I am not going to mention them here right now. Some will get it.

Just take a look at Paralives. A guy (now a team) just like us, from the middle of our community. Everything that is being created fits perfectly together with the community, the creators and the game. There is a mutual respect from both sides. Together we make a GREAT game.
    EA s nothing like this. It is just an act that they truly care/listen, since their motives and intentions are far off from what the community is.
    Pretty sure that the 'older' players easier catch up on all of this.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    What The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle's slogan should be:

The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle - For once, we're not the only ones recycling!
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Hopefully, after this we won't see anything eco for a while.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Recycled animations and objects and no new gameplay. Look worse than island living. I am happy to pay the cost of a stuff pack for this thank you very much.

Yeah I wouldn't even pay gamepack price for this. I thought the recycling was bad before but this takes the cake. There's some nice furniture but why is so much of the game play recycled and on top of that it seems very contained. I thought that sort of gameplay was reserved for game packs not expansion packs.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    *Saw this trailer*

That’s enough internet for me today.

Eco problem didn’t really exist in the perfect sims 4 world until this fully priced EP made its debut today.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Where do I even start...

This is literally the 4th eco friendly environmentalism tree hugging related piece of content they've done for this game. The 3rd in a year. What is with the obsession with 'going green' in this game? So many themes haven't even been touched yet, but we've gotten so much of this in such a short time. I'm just bored of it.

This pack is a combination of the worst aspects of Island Living and Stangerville all in one pack. I was turned off of Island Living when instead of adding hotels (something normal for an island pack), they added a trash clean up brigade. Strangerville was unappealing because it started off as a monster mess and your forced mission was to fix it. Now here, there's an entire disgusting world that you need to clean up. That's just not my idea of fun.

It's way too over the top. As I mentioned in the announcement thread, this pack looks like it's marketed toward very young kids with exaggerated ideas on the effect litter has on the world. When I first saw the world in that trailer, I was just shocked. It looked like a meteor hit and we were seeing the results of an apocalypse. I was expecting a quiet little town with community gardens and stuff like that, not people living in dumpsters and walking down streets of garbage. I get that this is a game and it doesn't need to be accurate but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll take a garbage man career, but this is just too much.

And then the typical issues. No content for elders, toddlers and kids. Probably only the bare minimum for teens. Looking to be 0 replay value. All in all, I'm lost as to why this is an entire EP.

THIS!! So true.

I am so sick of the transparent agenda EA is following. It's not about what the community needs or wants, but it's trying to fit THEIR agenda into ours, mingle it and 'trying' to make the best of it. It's too obvious. Certain subjects are really being forced down our throats and I am not going to mention them here right now. Some will get it.

Just take a look at Paralives. A guy (now a team) just like us, from the middle of our community. Everything that is being created fits perfectly together with the community, the creators and the game. There is a mutual respect from both sides. Together we make a GREAT game.
    EA s nothing like this. It is just an act that they truly care/listen, since their motives and intentions are far off from what the community is.
    Pretty sure that the 'older' players easier catch up on all of this.

Really? You are REALLY going that route?
    The fact that you are thinking it's an "agenda pushed down your throat" means you NEED it pushed down your throat.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Anyone else want TS5 ? This...I am so tired ;-;...
    But yeah, is this gonna be tied to the new world ONLY?! And will it be like Strangerville and after the threat is gone, no replay or? Idk
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    The more I think about this pack, the more it feels like the My First Pet Stuff of EPs. Just a bunch of stuff that was probably planned to be a part of a different pack at some point that barely makes enough content for an EP.
  • procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    First thought....arggg...lots of mods getting broken :(
    Won't be getting this myself but lots will so enjoy....Still hoping for sims vacation or a pop star add on for get famous :)
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I honestly really like a lot of what I saw in that trailer. However, the things I'm most excited to have (solar panels and wind turbine), were FREE content in the store for TS3.

That trailer showed me quite a bit of new stuff, and like I said, I liked a lot of what I saw, there were things that got me excited, but I still have no idea what that game play is going to be like. It's likely going to be exactly as IL and zero replay-ability, it's just a pretty set. The cleaning up the world bit will be confined to the new world, just like IL. An expansion should have changes and blend into all worlds. That hasn't been the case with recent packs so I've no reason to believe that it will suddenly be different now.

Unless more things are revealed before it's release and something wows me enough to be worth that $40 price tag, this actually looks more like GP to me. (I would have said stuff, but I have to give some credit for a new world added). If this would have been a GP, I likely would have been over the moon and ready to hand my money over but to be a full EP price tag, it's going to have to have a lot more than what I saw.

Oh and that ladder everyone is excited about, (myself included) will likely be free in the pre-patch, at least it should be.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I enjoy Sims 4 and rarely complain, but this - I don't think anyone even remotely wanted this and it's really not a big enough theme for an expansion pack.

You guys had some really interesting and fun ideas in your surveys, so I have a hard time believing that these were very wanted. Highly disappointed, unlikely to buy this as an enthusiastic supporter of this iteration of the game.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    I'm not exactly sure if this is "negative" feedback - But I think what they meant to name the name was Sims 4 - Hipster Lifestyle. I expect to see a lot of NPC's named things like Otis, Enoch and Freya!
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2020
    Anyone else want TS5 ? This...I am so tired ;-;...
    But yeah, is this gonna be tied to the new world ONLY?! And will it be like Strangerville and after the threat is gone, no replay or? Idk

I do, but I also want them to get all these silly ideas they have in their system out before they make the real successor to The Sims 3.

The Sims 4 is the perfect practice platform for them. It never really had a shot to begin with.