Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies are sims too! Ideas to improve this lifestage.

12346...Next

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I do hope we eventually get playable babies in Sims 4.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I wish they atleast would allow us to take the babies with us if we go to another lot's.
    Yesterday, my family spent a whole day in Brindleton Bay together with their toddler, grandma and grandpa.
    They came home and I thought literally "Oh yeah... I forgot I have a baby".
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    Whenever I see this active I get really happy. It's been a year since I started being super excited about this and I'm just hoping someone of power sees this.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Whenever I see this active I get really happy. It's been a year since I started being super excited about this and I'm just hoping someone of power sees this.

Pretty sure Lindsay is a huge supporter of family play, so it's safe to say that you don't get much more "in power" than that.
    It's just a matter of when, really. If Sims 4 lasts a few more years, then expanded babies are pretty likely. If we only have a year or two... maybe Sims 5.
    wJbomAo.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member

@Babycakelings Even if no guru or developer has seen this specific thread, they already know that a large portion of he community wants better babies. It's just a matter of if they decide to actually overhaul them. I still hope that they're working on them for a toddlers 2.0 update.
    Yeah, I do actually feel like it'll never happen though. I mean so far there seems to be no hints of anything while at least with toddlers there were.
  • KARENsLIFE_7X7KARENsLIFE_7X7 Posts: 13 New Member
    YESSSS. Everything you said. It would be cool if there was also a lamaz class. LOL And please, can these babies have atleat 4 options for clothes and some hair on them. I would pay for a pack, or stuff if it was as detailed as this. COME ON EA, pleaseeeeee be working on this for us.
    BABIES WERE MENTIONED IN THE SURVEY!!!!!!!
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    BABIES WERE MENTIONED IN THE SURVEY!!!!!!!

Let's hope they aren't teasing us.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    Your suggestions are absolutely amazing and I'd love for each and every one of them to come to the game someday (if possible)! I would love for babies to be more interactive and to feel like more than just an object! I mean they're sims too! Being someone who loves playing with families, I still try to prolong the baby stage, but it does get annoying not being able to move the baby from the bassinet. I don't like having the baby stuck and glued to one spot. I mean if the other sims could just move them to a baby chair, and take them to separate lots with strollers or carriers, that would be absolutely huge! I'd also love to see CAS opened up for babies, so we can choose their clothing and if they have balder or fuller heads of hair. Baby baths would be so cute too! There's so much that goes on for real-life babies, so it'd be much appreciated if they got to do those things as well in the sims! Due to the mention of them in the recent fan survey that EA put out, I'm very hopeful that we'll get some improvements on them, and I'm confident that the sims team can do it! :smiley:
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    lullabye would be nice, as would being able to feed a babe in arms (whether by breast or bottle) in a chair or rocking chair instead of doing it standing up in front of the bassinet, and babywearing would be great. But anything more and I feel like they would mushroom into such a huge hassle for such a small time period that I'd want to skip it and just age them up! I really don't want them becoming the fulltime job in the game, that they are irl unless you do babywearing and strap them on to breastfeed so you can do anything else for any length of time. Because if their existence just moves to another series of receptacles like crib to bouncer to carseat, what's the point anyway? How would that be an improvement? Babies in the game are already enough work.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm glad to see they finally acknowledge babies' existence in the game with that recent survey. Now lets just hope they'll actually overhaul them.
    I believe that eventually we will finally get playable babies & everything that's still missing in Sims 4.
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    edited May 2020
    I will play again if they do . I been wanting this from 2017 now it is 2020 .
  • Coco_97Coco_97 Posts: 1 New Member
    Please add more interactions for babies, we should be able to sit down in a chair and breast feed and not be standing up! we should be able to bathe baby and take them for a walk in a stroller.
    How about a new interaction for a parent to rock their baby when we get the rocking chairs?
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Better have them carry freely and also be placed in strollers while in community lots and strolling around similar to bikes.
  • Prevail_03Prevail_03 Posts: 6 New Member
    I never knew such an awesome thread exists! I love all the ideas In the OP and it would be a beautiful dream and welcome addition to the game because the babies in game...Are not sims. They don’t look like the final sims, they are tied to a bassinet, and in reality, are more similar to sims 1 babies (downgrade) instead of being better than sims 2 babies (in my opinion, best main game babies) This team is creative and if you go by with how they handled toddlers, they are MORE than capable of creating an impressive baby life stage. A blend of sims 2 and free play babies would be ideal, but just as they managed to make toddlers “actually toddlers” for the first time, so too can they with babies. In fact, sims 3 & 2 toddlers are more like irl babies than toddlers because they cannot eat solid food, they sleep in cribs, they crawl and then have to learn to walk, etc. sims 4 toddlers are actually toddlers, I’d say 2-4 years old imo. Grabbing what was already done for sims 2/3 toddlers, sims 2 babies, & freeplay babies, plus adding in that unique “sims 4 approach” and the team in my opinion, would have an amazing life stage and addition added on to the game. I mean, sims 4 is already seven years old and it so far, has not been the “4th installment successor” that it should be. Finally adding in a long requested life stage as revamped babies could/would at least be something sims 4 could be remembered for positively :)
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    FREE BABIES!!! Lol I just couldnt help myself. yes, our babies should not be attached to their bassinets like a piece of interactive furniture…
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    So after a few good years, I come back to check the state of this game and babies are STILL neglected?

Please tell me they actually improved SOMETHING through patches or other packs!
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Honestly they have to make all this come true.
    edited August 2022
    So after a few good years, I come back to check the state of this game and babies are STILL neglected?

Please tell me they actually improved SOMETHING through patches or other packs!

After years they just added the option to change their clothes. They're still objects tho
    Post edited by Elisdream on
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I'm willing to back this up. I would love to see little outfits to dress them in, and skills would be awesome. I believe they would need to have a longer lifestate to learn said skills. I wonder if baby occults should have unique animations, like the vampire biting adults for food, or the werewolf destroying the toys by accident? Toddler and kid occults should be able to do stuff as well, but they don't.
    edited September 2022
    -Breastfeeding animation while sitting. Ex: on the rocking chair.

-Babies can be placed on the highchair and have their own meals, milk bottles and baby food. Adults need to help feed the baby with a spoon. You can play chu-chu or the plane while feeding the baby and it will make him gain fun.

-Rock the baby, sing a lullaby to sleep and new cribs. Babies will have a chance of randomly wake up and cry right after being placed in the crib, specially if the parent has low parenting skill.

-Baby learning first word.

-Baby giving first steps. (Happy or sad moodlet for parents if they miss it).

-Babies teething. Babies start teething on their last baby days. Uncomfortable mood. You can buy them chewing toys. Uncomfortable mood for a sim who breastfeed a baby while teething.

-Babies can be carried to a cake to age up.

-Play mat for babies with baby toys.

-Adults can walk with babies out of lot and go on vacation together.

-Adults can point on different world objects to interact with their babies. Ex: Show it to baby.

-Other adults can compliment parents on baby's cuteness.

-Adults can read toddler books to babies. A baby placed on the mat or sitted on another sims lap can hear the story.

Needs:
    Babies share the same needs as toddlers, but their energy and hunger goes down quicker and they need to rest more and be fed often.

They don't need as much attention as toddlers, and be fed, changed and cleaned fulfill their attention bar way quicker.

You can buy several baby toys and baby objects such as hanging toys for their cribs and the baby will automatically look at it, or play with it and it will fulfill their fun.

Same thing with chewing toys and baby rattles, they can be storaged on the baby inventory and they will automatically start playing with their toys when bored. If you don't buy the baby any toys, the baby will just start crying for attention and his motives will get down quickly.

I like this idea for a special baby motive, or a hidden need, a frustration bar.

The frustration bar can be a little bit more impredecible than other needs, and go up and down randomly and very quickly.

When the frustration bar is low, the baby will have a meltdown and start crying. Sims can perform a serie of interaction to try to calm the baby down, sometimes it will work and other times it won't quite work so well, giving sims a serie of moodlets, tense, sad, "am I bad parent?".

Sims with high parenting skill will succeed often in their attempts. Babies are a little bit challenging, specially for new parents.

Sims will get several moodlets around babies. From cuteness (happy), to tension, uncomfortable (exhausted). etc. Sims with the family trait and sims who likes children will gain a serie of happy moodlets around babies.

Skills:

Babies have three different skills: Physical development, Language, and Expression.
    This includes sitting up streight, roll over, first steps.
    Babble, first word.
    First laugh, giggles, baby grimaces.
    You can follow track of your baby's development on a baby book. Babies who archived all three skills by the time they age up, they'll grain a special trait: Nurtured.🌱

Cas:

Babies appear sitted on cas with a cute animation. They can randomly play with their toes or clap.

Please make the babies adorable and the chubbier you can.

Cas is full of cute onesies, bonnets, baby crochet shoes, bibs. ♥ ♥ ♥

91eabe406b1df70c5478f05fb27894d23b009f0e.jpg
    Post edited by Elisdream on