Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2020
    Not buying it
    It really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off. This game is so beautiful but yet so blank.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I'm hoping for new traits. The dumpster diving and quote, 'Brave Sims might try dumpster diving for resources like dyes, bits and pieces, and ingredientsβ€”as long as they don’t mind the smell.' makes me thing a freegan type trait. I'd love a technophobe trait too but I don't think so with this pack.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    It looks okay
    I think I’ll stick to The Sims 2.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Not buying it
    I think I’ll stick to The Sims 2.

Same. I wouldn't complain if TS4's sims were actually complex and smart.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2020
    It should be a game pack
    I only chose this because i can't wait to get my hands on the new trashy world. I have so many plans for it.😈😈😈😈😈 other than that it should have been a stuff pack, gamepack at most. I have no interest in cleaning up anything that's not my real house.
    I'll go for it if I can assign the task to my butler πŸ˜‘

It's funny how they want to show us that the trashy world is not the world you want, but that is exactly what a lot of realism players wants. A more darker and realistic world.
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    It looks okay
    logion wrote: Β»
    I only chose this because i can't wait to get my hands on the new trashy world. I have so many plans for it.😈😈😈😈😈 other than that it should have been a stuff pack, gamepack at most. I have no interest in cleaning up anything that's not my real house.

It's funny how they want to show us that the trashy world is not the world you want, but that is exactly what a lot of realism players wants. A more darker and realistic world.

My saves are anything but realistic... but the run-down world looks so exciting to me as a post-apocalyptic venue. Gonna make me a lawless wasteland~
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    I can’t wait!
    My only concern is that I wonder what makes it big enough for being an Expansion Pack (besides having a World). It looks to me like there's a lot of crafting in it. And it looks like the kind of thing that actually might bring me back to Sims 4 on a solid basis.

Talk about working from home!

Have yourself a lawless wasteland - and make it better!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    It should be a game pack
    I honestly don't know what I think, but from what I've seen so far, there's nothing that screams "worthy of expansion pack status". I like that there are more activities, like candle making and even the recycling machine thing looks fine if the material can be used for other things like creating robot parts or something. I like that there is a new world, and I like the grungy feel to it. But that's pretty much it.
    I'm not sure about the whole changing the world thing. It's an interesting idea, but I dont like that it seems like a one time run through sort of deal, like Strangerville. I'd like it if we could have 2 versions in the game, the grungy one and the nice one - just because I play generationally and so dont load new save games. I'd like the choice to live in either world, without having to reset it one way or the other. Ladders?! Well, to me the animation is already there from Island Living, so thats not really a selling feature. And there isnt really anything else I've noticed...
    So, yeah, maybe a game pack worth of features. Simgurus seem to say that there is more to this pack than meets the eye tho, so maybe with more info I might be pleasantly surprised... although given how TS4 packs go, I will keep my expectations low!
    I dont hate it, but I dont love it either. And so far it doesnt peak my interest enough to pay expansion pack prices.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Maybe after you've improved the world, you could make it dirty again. So one generation works for the beautiful world, one generation sees the work and appreciates it, and of course the third generation are entitled jerks who mess it up.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I LOVE the idea that the new city can be left dirty/disgusting. I want areas that are rough around the edges. Plus, we have just barely gotten a peak at this pack. I already see parts that look cool, but need more info.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It looks okay
    It seems like it has a lot of features that people have been asking for, or have requested from previous packs. I think it looks pretty good, and will probably purchase it.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Not buying it
    Why are all of the new gameplay objects so big..

Exactly I hate them so much. They don’t fit anywhere.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    It looks okay
    So when i heard the name of this pack i decided to keep an open-mind it's looks pretty good but really depends on what all we can do. I just finished the trailer and here's my thoughts I'm excited for the candle making and the world itself looks interesting. Now EA did say this ep would be something they've never done before in the sim series the town being full of pollution, or at least to the extent they've done for this pack, I'll admit that they not done it along with the candle making. However, there are some things we had before like what seems to be an invention skill which we had in the sims 3 and not to mention with GTW. One lot looked like it could be a junkyard which we've ha din the sims 3 as well.

With all that said I feel this could be an interesting pack but will really depend on the gameplay and the objects. I am looking forward to the more ragged looking clothing will be perfect for a rags to riches start.
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    Not buying it
    I can't believe this is an EP. I wouldn't buy it as a GP, but as an EP, it is especially aggravating.

Tell me how this pack bolsters ANY of the weak gameplay issues this game has. It does nothing for relationships, personality, long-term, individual goals, or improved expression of traits. NOTHING. It adds no game elements that I am interested in. And it AGAIN recycles old content (like, we just did an environmental clean-up with IL (which I also didn't buy/had no interest in), so....great ideas everyone?).

In short, it is a blatant, shallow, unimaginative money-grab. You will play it for two days and get bored again because, oh wait, all your Sims are still the same, and they're still "HAPPY" even though their wife just died. Whatever.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It looks okay
    My big complaint about this is that I can't shake the suspicion that they decided already when Laundry Day was voted on to do this. That they saw the interest in an Eco Living pack and deliberately made it a pack of it's own to make more money.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I can’t wait!
    logion wrote: Β»

I'm pretty sure they knew that people would like to play the trashy world. They're ticking two boxes.
    I can’t wait!
    Loanet wrote: Β»
    Maybe after you've improved the world, you could make it dirty again. So one generation works for the beautiful world, one generation sees the work and appreciates it, and of course the third generation are entitled 🌺🌺🌺🌺 who mess it up.

In Strangerville you can do that so i hope we can do that in this one too. I'm looking forward for the third generation there to trash it all! πŸ˜‚
  • LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    If it comes with a big plumming world.

But it won't.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I can’t wait!
    My main concern as always is how this will work for rotational players. Will the game vote for everyone in the new world when it comes to the weekly poll? Even for my played households? How (if at all) will sims from other world factor in? Also: Will there be coss-pack functionality for the conservationist policies?

I know I'll get the pack someday, but these questions are important to decide how soon.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    It should be a game pack
    Looking forward to it but I have reservations on how big or immersive it will be to merit an expansion. A gamepack sure. Absolutely but we'll see. As for the eco theme, I have been wanting something like this since Seasons and we already have live off the land feature so this will be a nice addition to it. Don't know if I will buy it immediatly after launch or wait for a sale though.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Not buying it
    jimbbq wrote: Β»
    What that’s not a chicken ? The only thing I like in the trailer ....

It's a caterpillar afaik.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2020
    It should be a game pack
    The more I watch, the more I'm leaning towards "Not buying it". Aside from the ladder, I'm not really seeing anything I'd get much use out of once the initial pack novelty wears off. And content that doesn't have longevity or only affects one very small, niche area of your game is one of the worst things you could have as a Sims pack. Lookin' at you: Showtime, City Living, Strangerville, and Island Living (even if I did like that pack, overall). That's an especially bad thing to have for an expansion pack, because those should always come with things that bring changes to your entire game.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    It should be a game pack
    Based off of the trailer, my initial thoughts are meh. I'm underwhelmed, which isn't something that I typically experience from new content, though I feel has been happening more frequently.

I definitely believe, just from what I've seen and read about the features, that it should be a gamepack.

A lot of people are saying Island Living meets Strangerville, and I agree, even though I do like Island Living. But I don't care for recycled features and gameplay.

I'm looking forward to more information coming out for the pack. It's hard to judge everything by a short trailer, but the trailer didn't impress me so we will see.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2020
    It should be a game pack
    Things I like so far:
    • Candle making. I think this will be useful for many purposes - supernatural storytelling, historical storytelling, fun hobby and new decor. It's cool that the candles get spent and you'll have to make more as you use them.
    • Fizzy juice making. I am always looking for uses for collectables and produce. I'm disappointed that it seems to be only fizzy juice, though. What about normal juice, health shots and smoothies? This pack would be perfect for that. Barely a missed opportunity, more like purposeful omission.
    • More gardening options. The current pots and planters are limiting, so I'm looking forward to more options for indoor gardening. Especially the vertical gardening looks nice. Also, bug hotels? Interesting idea. I'm curious about the uses thereof.
    • Mention of dyes in dumpster diving. That could mean a more advanced and customizable crafting system. If not, I am at least always glad to have more crafting options. I'd like to be able to make all my sim's furniture, but I want it to look fitting in historical settings (especially medieval) - if everything is visibly made from modern trash, I don't think I'd use it much. So I'm hoping most of it is repurposed wood, and that I can place (through debug) piles/spawners of piles of wood etc for building them. Hopefully the woodworking skill gets a good update.
    • Clothes making? Speculation of silk worms and blog post's mention of repurposing fabric for clothes. I would LOVE to be able to make my sim's clothes. Once again, I like playing historically, so I hope it doesn't involve obnoxious massive machines.
    • The 3D printing seems cool. I hope we can make a wide variety of useful and fun things with it, not only contraptions specific to cleaning the new world. Maybe toys and pretty mini sculptures.
    • Grungy style. Upcycling seems like it can be nice for playing poor sims and sims who are utter slobs. There seems to be a lot of grit here, so that will be nice to rough up the game in general with the decor. The world itself seems nice for an apocalypse story.

Things I really don't like:
    • The fact that this is literally a scaled out game pack. This concept is too narrow. It seems like a lot of the resources went towards the de-polluting of the world, which once again means that a lot of the gameplay is a once-off story line thing that is limited to only this one world. I am not interested in cleaning up streets each time I want to play in a world, or in general as an activity. I despised this in Island Living, bc I wanted a paradise to forget my worries in, not an environmental awareness campaign. EL's cleanup feature might as well not exist the majority of the time I play bc I probably won't be playing in this world much.
    • How this pack throws together a bunch of ideas together in exactly a way that disqualifies future packs from being as awesome as they could have been. This is personal preference, but I am very angry that the eco friendly theme was wasted in this way. I deeply wished for (and posted a detailed idea for) a futuristic eco city EP with many cool careers, skills and features. Eco Living sets up a futuristic pack to fall flat bc this theme is now spent. How would they make a futuristic EP now, with servos in UL and eco in EL? Unless they anger everyone by making the pack just incomplete enough to force us to buy UL, EL etc to flesh it out (much like, surprise, TL would have been perfect for the shipping container houses and ladders in EL would have been perfect for TL).
      Fizzy drink making and candle making are great, but the fact that there aren't at least a few additional crafting activities of their class (smoothies, health juices and mason jar preserves; pottery, sculpting and jewelry making from metals/crystals with the upcycling and repurposing) means that they fall flat bc they are awkwardly grouped, and now these activities, that could have been organised into one or two packs where they really make sense, are being used to lure people into buying multiple packs if they want the full spectrum of these types of activities. I would have been excited if EL was a hobby pack set in an eco context. But there aren't enough widely-usable activites of this kind, so it just feels incomplete
    • Massive machines and stations. I barely ever have space for these things, and even if I do, I don't want to dedicate half of my lot to a bunch of ugly monster machines.

Overall, I am still waiting to hear more about the pack before I pass too much judgement, but I just feel that this theme is so, so boring as an EP. It should have been combined with another theme like farming, futuristic living or in-depth hobbies and crafting.
    Honestly, TS4 has long since crushed my unwavering optimism and eye for its potential, but this theme (as its own EP) felt like a slap to the face. So I hope the gurus show us A LOT more great features soon.
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
    I can’t wait!
    Fizzy drink making and candle making are great, but the fact that there aren't at least a few additional crafting activities

In the press release they do mention candle making, juice making, recycling and more...