Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    xSongx wrote: »
    Ok as excited as I am about ladders, this is not a pack i can see myself spending money on. There are so many other things the community wanted more than a mash-up pack of this sort. If this had been a game pack, I would have been more likely to buy and play with it.

Expansion Pack at 50% off on sale, is just about the same price as Game Pack at $5 off. So what's the diff?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • TickleYuTickleYu Posts: 1 New Member
    The "fake" Leak, ( 1st off, NOT COOL) Farm Life. Had me very excited. I went into my game and started the pains taking task of getting my game all cleaned up and ready to make some farms. Then late last night I see this is LEAKED and I was like NO NO NO NO, PLEASE don't let it be so. And of course, this is EXACTLY WHAT IT IS!! BUMMED OUT ARE NOT THE WORDS That I have.

I have bought the Sims since 2001 EVERY EXPANSION PACK, EVERY STUFF PACK, EVERY THING!! I have never been disappointed like I am right now. DON'T FAKE LEAK THINGS, It doesn't manage expectations AT ALL.

AND WHILE I AM MAD, I WILL ADD, MAKE TEENAGERS LOOK LIKE TEENAGERS AND NOT A CARBON COPY OF YOUNG ADULT. THAT'S JUST DOWN RIGHT LAZY PROGRAMMING.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Cardboard dollhouse! So cute! I actually love the upcycling and crafting stuff. I need more information on how the community areas are going to work. Sounds like there are a lot of different options, and they can change multiple times, so it might not be as much of a one-off as cleaning Sulani was. It's not clear yet whether you can get re-polluted based on your decisions, but it does seem like you can keep re-imagining the use of the space over time.

Need more details though!
  • chillypandachillypanda Posts: 2 New Member
    I mean its not a bad idea to me at least, but I was really hoping for a farming expansion pack :(. This seems like it was already in development so maybe farming will be a game pack instead. I feel like if we were going to get farming maybe Eco-friendly stuff could've been apart of it somehow ( Not completely sure, I don't know a lot about farming), but hey this pack could be interesting maybe and I might change my mind.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Check out the full description on the Sims 4 website.

This might be one of those packs that actually have better game play than trailer shows.
  • OrThaylorOrThaylor Posts: 46 Member
    edited May 2020
    Check out the full description on the Sims 4 website.

This might be one of those packs that actually have better game play than trailer shows.

I read it and kind of got excited but idk if that's an excuse for recycling IL's point...
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    I am incredibly disappointed. I wasn't too bothered about farming but Country Living sounded FAR better than this. Too bad it wasn't real. I have Island Living but I've never played the part where you clean up the beach etc because that's boring to me.

I really don't see this adding to gameplay at all. Where is the gameplay for the kids, toddlers, babies etc? This looks like a one and done kind of situation. You clean up the town, then what? This is honestly the worst expansion pack idea I have ever seen and I've been playing since Sims 1 came out. I will NOT be buying this. So disappointing.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• LittleDeerSimmerLittleDeerSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    As one of the simmers who asked for this, I was really excited to see the first trailer! But from what I've seen so far, I don't think I'm going to be getting this upon release, maybe in a sale? Of course, there's more to see before anyone forms any final opinions. I really wanted to see some optional eco-conscious elements added into my gameplay but as an EP this pack offers a CITY with NO APARTMENTS; a world that's as ugly as Del Sul Valley and will be unusable without playing through the pack (just like Stranger Vile); a community space [an idea I was really really hyped for] that seems like it'll only last a week before it resets (so it's probably not a new lot type); sustainable living with very little gameplay (from the description on the blog) and absolutely no mention of low waste/zero waste [reducing consumption, repairing clothing, reusing containers, buying second hand, etc] or sustainable eating/recipes [vegan sims, composting, homesteading, etc].
    Though I'm happy to see a lot of these elements, like; recycling [though it's the last and least of the 5 r's]; sustainable energy [though it won't add much gameplay]; kombucha; candle making [though it's more suited to a hobby pack, not an eco pack]; the online store [though that's supposed to be coming with knitting so I hope/expect it's actually going to be an update] and upcycled furniture.
    Generally, my issue is that this pack seems like a side quest and not an expansion to my game. Clean up this world, not: let your sims live a more Eco Lifestyle. This won't affect everyday gameplay like Seasons, it will be played through when you first get it, then you'll move on. Maybe your odd household will remember to recycle but that's it. :/
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Jnyx wrote: »
    this forum: complains we never get any new ideas in the sims franchise

also this forum: complains whenever we are given new ideas in the sims franchise

Right I'm not to crazy about the pack but we haven't seen gameplay or how it's like also I like the hairs they put in.
  • PatriPatri Posts: 84 Member
    I install a mod for zombies and I already have my apocalypse...It's something!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hmmm I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t intrigued. Will this be my favorite pack ever? Not likely but it does look like a cool pack. I like all the crafting elements as that’s something I’ve wanted more of in gameplay for a long time, the world is beautiful when it’s fixed up but the idea of it being kept polluted and gross is also cool. I also like the idea of the voting system. I’ll need more info but I feel like I’ll like this pack based on what I’ve seen.

Yes farming or generations was higher on my list but I do think this could be a fun pack. It’s fairly different than anything else we have seen even if it shows similarities to the conservationist career. It seems like it takes that idea and really expands on it in a new way. I’m curious to see if there is any elements of this in other worlds too. I’m not forming too intense of an opinion until the deep dive and until we get more info.

• Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    I like the idea of the container houses. *Insert moaning about the new pack here* :p
  • NhimSimNhimSim Posts: 316 Member
    What a wonderful pack - SO very excited :)
    Imagine all the story material hidden inside that pack... *swoon*
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I may not take advantage of the gameplay in the new world but all those buildings, tools and objects will be used everywhere else in my game anyway as I did with those in StrangerVille. I expect it has to be an expansion as it probably affects all decisions in the game and maybe other packs before it too.

I see they've brought back the old fashioned TV so there may be other nice throwback objects in the game.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited May 2020
    I found this meme in a discord server that I’m in and honestly it perfectly describes this current situation with EA.
    image0.png

Is that a CallMeKevin ref? "Go kart go brr."
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    At the moment this just feels like Island Living that has been rewrapped to be Eco Lifestyle, especially after reading the blog. I hope I am wrong, let’s just hope there is much more details they are holding back from us
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I think the people who are complaining that this pack reuses ideas are mad because they were under the assumption that this pack would be something we've never had before. It's true we've never had a pack centered around eco living but we have two other packs that already have aspects of eco living in them. And yes, seasons, university etc are all rehashes but people expected them to be and they're considered staples because they're a huge part of real life
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    The only real complaint I have so far is that I don't like when a pack forces me to engage with one aspect of the pack. I don't want to be forced to clean up that world to be able to use it. With Island Living, you can choose the conservationist career, but it's not like the island is a garbage patch if you decide not to go that route. I would be super disappointed if this world is just always disgusting and the only way to have a decent game there is if you go that environmentalist route.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    This can be used as a post- apocalyptic story lol
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited May 2020
    Well, I was waiting for the trailer, but I'm still not sure.

Issue is not the theme. The theme is fine and I saw a lot of demand for it in the past. Just not for it to be an expansion.

My first instinct was that yeah, I'd actually prefer an eco pack over farming. BUT, even if I've never been interested in it, farming is a richer theme for an expansion.

I do want this pack because I do want new BB and CAS, and a new world (is it going to be like Stragerville where there's a plot about it?) and whatever gameplay we get out of it. A lot of the items in the trailer do look interesting to me (candles and the containers I thought would come with Tiny Living). And I'm glad people are getting the ladders they've been wanting for so long (at this point, it wouldn't have surprised me if they made a Ladder Expansion Pack). And I remember a lot of people asking for solar panels.

But thinking about spending $40 is hard enough right now, thirsty as I am for new content. And it's much harder when, well, yeah, they're just blatantly splitting similar ideas up into different packs when they should have gone all together.

(Or maybe if the new world looked just a bit more post-apocalyptic, I could have fun with that. Attempting to rebuild civilization? Fun.)

This means Happy Haunts WILL be an EP and not an SP, though, right? 'Cause that would be great news.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited May 2020
    IceyJ wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »
    There is one thing I saw from the blog post.
    For the first time, you can offset your bills with wind turbines, solar panels, and dew collectors.

Dew collectors may be new, but wind turbines and solar panels are in The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff pack. I constantly remember receiving money instead of bills in The Sims 2 because I placed a lot of solar panels and wind turbines.
    The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff still exists (even in the Ultimate Collection), thus it isn't the first time.
    If this blog post statement isn't a lie, please explain.

For the first time in TS4.

Yes, it may be first time in The Sims 4, it isn't specified. It is first time when things like that appear in an expansion pack, but it isn't first time it appears in the series. Specification, please.

Also there are more ways already to reduce bills. For example, frugal trait, tiny homes, enacting green energy policy in Island Living (available in conservationist career environmental manager branch) etc.

Now I'm actually wondering...
    Does solar panels and wind turbines provide energy and dew collector water to off-the-grid lots? Then they'd have more use than just reducing bills for on-the-grid lots.
  • ThatPlumbobRobThatPlumbobRob Posts: 295 Member
    It would make for a cool post apocolyptic storyline

3iv0MGa.png