Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'm excited, although I'm wondering what makes it worth 'Expansion Pack' status besides coming with a new world.

For what it's worth, we've never had anything like this before.

Also, if you're thinking the initial polluted world looked 'exaggerated' then you've never seen the city of New Dehli, affectionately nicknamed 'River Of S***'.

If the other worlds could be effected by polution too, with smog appearing on them as well if you let too much trash out or something, kind of how seasons effects all worlds, then that would make this pack pretty sick and legitimately worth it to me, because it would effect the gameplay as a whole. But I'm afraid that just isn't reality.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • policeofficerswifepoliceofficerswife Posts: 347 Member
    Okay... but who even asked for this?
    The only thing I am excited for is ladders.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    On sale at 50% off for the world, possibly.

Funny; I thought the EP would probably be farming (and horses, which would warrant a day 1 purchase for me), and the knitting SP would be of no interest to me. Yet, I think I will actually be getting the knitting pack on day one due to its having the Metal station. And besides, ten bucks is a lot smaller dent in my checkbook than $40.

This should have been a Stuff Pack, and no more than a Game Pack. Let the new world be for farming. Given the size of the lot in TS3 I chose when I made my first Sim with a horse, farming will need a whole new world with super-sized lots. Sometimes I wonder if these "focus groups" EA uses are even into this franchise.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    People wanted eco living but laundry won. Maybe if this pack came out during that time people wouldn't be upset now. They are gonna have to try really hard to make this different from island living. I've just finished cleaning Sulani and I don't want to do that again in a new world. As always I will wait for gameplay.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I was sold at death by flies?!! This looks amazing!! So glad they waited and did an EP with this theme!

It looked like a ton of new gameplay items and features, so I dunno why all the sour grapes on here.. Oh wait there’s no bunk beds lol and before that it was university, so whatever man, haters gonna hate 😘

Kudos Sims team, I’m super excited
  • Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    If you have Tiny Living it will be a great stuff pack to go with Eco. The more I think about this EP the more I like the idea of it. I can already picture how I want to play the world.

bears.gif
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2020
    That's what I'm hoping for if your sims homes gets too dirty in other worlds aswell this can happen to them again @Sigzy05
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    What I like:
    1. Chicken Coop!!!
    2. Candle Making
    3. Is death by flies returning?!

What I dislike:
    1. The town starts out really ugly.
    2. The pack seems centered around adults (again).
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Yay the conservationist career from Island Living all over again wrapped up as a new pack...

Oh well I hope this means you will also be making Happy Haunts an EP.

You know its bad when an expansion pack is announced and the thing people are most excited for is ladders. Maybe next pack we might get bunk beds along with more rehashed ideas given a new covering of paint.

That's the nature of the community though - not the fault of the game designers.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    This pack is gonna be one of my favorite packs! 🌸🌼🌿✌️☀️

Personally, this pack represents MY REAL LIFE much more than many other packs like Get Famous or Cats and Dogs.

I’m looking forward to make a dumbster diving hippie sim to live in a container house with wind mills and wall garden where she will make tons of DIY-projects and making the world greener. 🌼🌿🌸✌️

🎶🎶 “We all, we all, we all changing...living and dreaming....” 🎶🎶🎶
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    As someone else said - it would be more fun just to have the town run down as-is and not change anything. Choice is good, but honestly I would want the choice to get ALL my worlds run down. THEN change it back if I wanted. Now that would've been an EP feature. Instead we get a stupid world tied feature that is just meant to reiterate the same sunshine and rainbow gameplay that was booring long before the game even was released.

Also they definitely could have included cars in this - sims could've upgraded their old station wagon to a new eco friendly electric car. But instead we get this knock off, cheap EP that doesn't even effect all worlds. For Shame!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    What I like:
    1. Chicken Coop!!!
    2. Candle Making
    3. Is death by flies returning?!

What I dislike:
    1. The town starts out really ugly.
    2. The pack seems centered around adults (again).

Chicken coop? Where?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Besides, now is the perfect time to release it. We need to change, and with all the factories shutting down from Volde-virus people are seeing fresh skies and clear water for the first time in ages.

People badly wanted recycling and crafts and eco-power. If anything's going to bring those things, it'll be this pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I am very excited about the new expansion pack. For me, it is not so much what it is about, but how many lots there are, how much cool stuff I get, and how complex the Sims personality 's are. Of course EA has been weak on this last one, but just so you know, I bought everything EA put out, and if they want me to switch to Sims 5 they need to focus on things like personality, memory and that type of stuff to get me to switch from 4 to 5.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    This is gonna be fun! I got a new challenge in mind now!

Personally, this pack represents MY REAL LIFE much more than many other packs like Get Famous or Cats and Dogs.

I’m looking forward to make a dumbster diving hippie sim to live in a container house with wind mills and wall garden where she will make tons of DIY-projects and making the world greener. 🌼🌿🌸✌️

So many of my sims live like this anyway - with no job, foraging and gardening!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I can't say I'm super excited for this pack but I will keep an open mind. I'll wait for a more in-depth look before making my final decision.

I think it's great the team is trying new things because if you think about it, all of the community favorites (Seasons, Pets, University, etc.) were once new ideas. Who knows when another favorite will come from a new pack?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Very curious to see how this will interact with Tiny Living

So many of my sims live like this anyway - with no job, foraging and gardening!

You've raised a bunch of hippies.

Looks like they'll be able to keep chickens and sell candles now too!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Maybe the death isnt but it is kind of new and different the concept is, isnt that what simmers want everything from the previous games too come back and more, that's all I read 😂 @xstxrrysequence

Death by flies is pretty dope. But it's not new, it's from TS1 and TS2. I wonder if it works the same. If it only activates when the world is in really bad shape, it'll suck. Because the fun of death by flies comes from not properly controlling the household and them leaving trash and dirty dishes everywhere.

But all people want on the forums want is regurgitated stuff from older sims games!!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    So if that's not a chicken coop....what is it, worms?!? Eeeek! No thanks!

Looked like some nice Buy/Build stuff, solar panels will be good, to reduce bills. Not fond of windmills, they kill birds. But yeah, probably getting it eventually. Will need to see all Cas/BB stuff, though, and get more info on gameplay.

Will there be a cheat for the different stages? Like, I have a lot of saves, because I love to start new ones...And just like Strangerville, I don't really want to do the "story" over and over and over again, just to have sims living there....
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Maybe the death isnt but it is kind of new and different the concept is, isnt that what simmers want everything from the previous games too come back and more, that's all I read 😂 @xstxrrysequence

Death by flies is pretty dope. But it's not new, it's from TS1 and TS2. I wonder if it works the same. If it only activates when the world is in really bad shape, it'll suck. Because the fun of death by flies comes from not properly controlling the household and them leaving trash and dirty dishes everywhere.

But all people want on the forums want is regurgitated stuff from older sims games!!

Yeah, people made no end of fuss about getting a 'University' pack, even though that's clearly something that can arrive gradually.