Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• Options
    M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Looooove it!!!!!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Not buying it
    Looks like it’ll be a scripted event similar to Strangerville except the evil is pollution and contained to one single world — this pack is probably just recycled code from that game pack. Literally yawned during the trailer.

I really like the premise of Sims being able to change their world around them, but this pack looks horrendously boring. It’s another one of those do-once-and-done things contained in one single world, and those are the worst packs for The Sims.

As it’s TS4, and shows little to no promise of ever getting better, Maxis can keep throwing these wack ideas at it. Get it out of your system before making The Sims 5, please!
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited May 2020
    It looks okay
    I kind of like it. Working with the community to keep the world clean seems fun and realistic. The hairstyles we've seen are amazing, but the clothes are dreadful. I'm now mostly interested in the world, its size and the design influence- seems Scandinavian because of the mountains and aurora borealis, but I haven't seen enough to be sure.
  • Options
    usefulcigars727usefulcigars727 Posts: 2 New Member
    Not buying it
    I'm not getting it !!! This pack is so..... I've had it them.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    It should be a game pack
    the idea is interesting, it seems to drink from the vibe of strangerville and island living but for an expansion it’s kind of questionable, besides it hurts me to see a lot of the futuristic content besides that system of world changes in this expansion, because I feel that the chance of have a futuristic package.
  • Options
    AncientcivAncientciv Posts: 55 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I'm excited
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    CelSims wrote: »
    I saw ladders and chickens which should make some people happy! I for one am looking forward to this pack.

Where were the chickens? I thought I saw bugs :lol:

I thought it was a chick initially too but on closer inspection it seems to be a silkworm. Some people will be disappointed but not me.

Because those are a highly requested feature. 🙄 I give up with this plum.
  • Options
    AncientcivAncientciv Posts: 55 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I love that we have candle making now
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    It looks okay
    Looks like new planters (come with pots instead of just dirt). Hoping means we can start them separate. Love the community garden. Always like to get more rundown stuff. I'm in wait and see mode.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited May 2020
    It should be a game pack
    I'm gonna wait for further information before I make a full judgment on the pack, but it seriously feels like a theme that would've been much more suited for a game pack... not an expansion pack... the trailer was cringe worthy, honestly.

But, at the same time, I remember heavily criticizing 'Get Together' when it was first announced... and that ended up becoming my favorite expansion pack (until 'Seasons'), so I think I'm gonna wait a bit before I make a final decision about whether or not I'm going to buy it.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    From that trailer....I see myself buying it only on a sale. It really doesn't look like it has content worth of an EP. I'd like to know the number of lots on that world as well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    It should be a game pack
    I am so truly disappointed This seems to affect only the new world and seems to be something you would play once. The feature we had in Inland Living was cool, but I don't think many people loved it so I'm not sure why they made an entire pack surrounding it and why they would give us an entire expansion that only is playable in one world. We voted on this for a stuff pack..

I have a few questions too:

Did anyone see any other life stage except YA/A?
    Can ladders be inside?
    Can this be played again? Will we want to?
    Is the world going to be polluted every time if I start a new save?

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It looks okay
    Ladders'd better be placed inside too !!!!

And I didn't see children, elders, or teens so far.....

aleeeexxxp wrote: »
    I am so truly disappointed This seems to affect only the new world and seems to be something you would play once. The feature we had in Inland Living was cool, but I don't think many people loved it so I'm not sure why they made an entire pack surrounding it and why they would give us an entire expansion that only is playable in one world. We voted on this for a stuff pack..

Can ladders be inside?

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2020
    It should be a game pack
    Island Living, the sequel.

If I buy this, it will be because of the world, they did a pretty good job with Sulani and this world looks nice too.

The gameplay on the other hand...

looks like trash, I don't trust that trailer at all. I think they faked a lot of things in it.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I can’t wait!
    There is a lot I saw I'm excited about. But I also like the theme so that helps haha.

I do wish though that, for an EP, it added a function that affected all the worlds not just one.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    It looks okay
    The Build and Buy stuff looks fantastic, the crafting stuff seems pretty cool, and I'm always happy to get new worlds. However, I want more interactions. We've got a lot of stuff for Sims to do by themselves, but we're still lacking when it comes to things sims can do together. Whether it's reputation, romance, familial interactions, expanded babies and elders - we just need more interactions. Thank heavens for modders.

It'd also have been real nice for the team to update PlantSims with this pack (which they don't seem to be doing), as they're the most lacking of all Occults and this Eco Lifestyle scenario would be perfect for them.

I'll still get the pack mind you. The Build and Buy stuff alone looks worth it to me.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I can’t wait!

Can ladders be inside?

In the description in sims official page they say we can vote differently everytime, making the community space different everytime.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ladders'd better be placed inside too !!!!

And I didn't see children, elders, or teens so far.....

Can ladders be inside?

They have released a couple still shots and one shows a child playing with a cardboard dollhouse. I don't pay attention enough to know if her clothes or hair are new, but at least they seem to have remembered kids exist.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2020
    It should be a game pack
    This is literally just Strangerville meets Island Paradise, with a touch of content that should have been in Tiny Living (Hi, ladders!)

I might get it when it's on sale, for the ladders and fly death from TS2. But I'm not paying forty bucks for this.
  • Options
    aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    It should be a game pack
    Why are all of the new gameplay objects so big..
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    It looks okay
    I... I wanted to say I can't wait but I'm downgrading it it looks okay. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about it. There are lots of neat ideas at play here ... But it is hard to not think some of these ideas aren't just reskinned other DLC ideas. I'm excited as I love new content. Maybe it will fit in the mold of EP after all but I need to see and learn more.

A side note: is this the first time it's released for console at the same time as PC/Mac? That's pretty exciting 😊
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2020
    It should be a game pack
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    But it is hard to not think some of these ideas aren't just reskinned other DLC ideas.

They are. They made an entire expansion pack out of Island Living's conservationist career.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    It looks okay
    Not great, but not horrible. Probably worth getting on sale though. I do like how the world looks before cleaning it up. I'd like to have sims just living in a lousy place, so I might not clean a thing at all in one save. The sims can stand to smile a little less.

Im particularly curious with how deeply Seasons will affect this pack.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited May 2020
    I can’t wait!
    I love the modern build/buy objects (especially because I prefer to build modern homes), and also the ladders, solar panels, and containers. I'm not sure if this is a very good pack gameplay-wise, but in terms of build/buy mode I really like it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    I can’t wait!
    I only chose this because i can't wait to get my hands on the new trashy world. I have so many plans for it.😈😈😈😈😈 other than that it should have been a stuff pack, gamepack at most. I have no interest in cleaning up anything that's not my real house.
    I'll go for it if I can assign the task to my butler 😑
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(