Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So 3 packs having Eco Living elements wasn't enough aye?

Island Living
Laundry Day
Tiny Living

All had elements of being environmentally conscious. And I feel what they did was good, sprinkle some eco living in each of these packs as a side thing but have the main focus be something else. But A WHOLE EP focused on this?? This is ridiculous.

If the idea of this was couped up with a farming pack this would have been a lot more bearable.

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    The thought that we seem to be getting a lot of eco themed content also crossed my mind.

First we had laundry day which started as an eco friendly pack. With energy and water consuming washing machines and dryers in this pack, I wondered if ea actually considered the ecological aspect of any importance.

I was pleasantly surprised when the off the grid lot trait was patched in for everyone. And then we got the conversationist career and cleaning up beaches in island living and the ecological footprint in tiny living, additions that show someone at Maxis/ea does think about eco friendly stuff.

I don't mind to see more ecological gameplay in the sims 4 but I did not expect to see what looks like an expansion pack with eco as the main theme. I don't really know what to expect but hope it will be significantly different from the ecological game play we had so far. I willwwait to see what the pack has to offer gameplay wise before I make up my mind.
  • Options
    mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    I would, and maybe I did, vote for an eco friendly stuff pack years ago for the first community stuff pack because I liked solar panels in TS3, but I do not see how this could possibly be a fleshed out expansion pack without recycling ideas already in TS4. I am so confused by this decision. It is a major let down and I do not expect the trailer to do much to salvage this for me espcially after reading the vague game description.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The thought that we seem to be getting a lot of eco themed content also crossed my mind.

First we had laundry day which started as an eco friendly pack. With energy and water consuming washing machines and dryers in this pack, I wondered if ea actually considered the ecological aspect of any importance.

I was pleasantly surprised when the off the grid lot trait was patched in for everyone. And then we got the conversationist career and cleaning up beaches in island living and the ecological footprint in tiny living, additions that show someone at Maxis/ea does think about eco friendly stuff.

I don't mind to see more ecological gameplay in the sims 4 but I did not expect to see what looks like an expansion pack with eco as the main theme. I don't really know what to expect but hope it will be significantly different from the ecological game play we had so far. I willwwait to see what the pack has to offer gameplay wise before I make up my mind.

I will be waiting for more information on this as well but this is so far not going to be a must buy for me.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I would, and maybe I did, vote for an eco friendly stuff pack years ago for the first community stuff pack because I liked solar panels in TS3, but I do not see how this could possibly be a fleshed out expansion pack without recycling ideas already in TS4. I am so confused by this decision. It is a major let down and I do not expect the trailer to do much to salvage this for me espcially after reading the vague game description.

Atleast the Sims team can finally fill all their eco living ideas into one pack. They better not shove more eco stuff down our throats once this is released.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    This pack is probably the new low in sims 4 EP. I will try to keep an open mind and wait for more information. For now I have zero desire to play as a cleaner in my sims game. Sulani career is bad enough. Now the whole EP dedicated to this type of career. Lol
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Evo living is a vast theme. We've only had bits and pieces and hopefully everything will tie well together. Can't wait to start improving my world!
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    @DeafSimmer exactly I don’t understand why they are obsessed with giant crafting stations in this game. I hate them. I haven’t touched the robotic statin in DU I do not intend to use it.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The thing that makes it worse is that we are missing so much stuff, yet this is the 4th element of eco lifestyles that they've done in this game and the 3rd within a year. We've been asking for farming, family play, hobbies, and so many other things, yet they keep giving us more of the same. I don't get it.

Am I missing something? Did they find out that a lot of players these days are environmentally conscious? All they'd talked about previously were their goals to market to teens so I doubt that. I guess now they want to appeal to older hippies?

I think they spend a bit too much time on Twitter.

There is the real world and then there is Twitter. In my experience Twitter is not the majority and that is certainly the case in The Sims community :unamused:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lvndrlvndr Posts: 40 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 From what I've seen Twitter is actually especially upset about this pack. Check out the Sims twitter account.
  • Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    They could have had a farming pack with eco living as a side element too 🤷🏽‍♀️. Not a whole EP dedicated to cleaning up a trash world
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2020
    Just Eco is a title, this pack could also be titled Get Along Together and the description could be focused on the social interactions.
    Eco is a tool, an excuse for community activities. Don't focus on this detail, think about how it could change the everyday life of your sims.

People complain about their boring life, Evergreen Harbor seems to be an opportunity to do something which can change their life.

Personally, my slob sims will be happy to live in a dirty world. The other worlds are so clean.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Get one theme for the price of three :unamused:

4 in this case I guess ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    Oh I could name off the bulk number of isolation packs with only indoor gameplay too. ;) I can guarantee pandemic living is much more common for our Sims with packs than anything to do with the outdoors.

Also this change in direction is profitable:
    "The Sims 4 inspires an entirely different gaming audience and one that continues to grow. It provides a completely unique experience from anything else in the market and FY20 was its biggest year since launch. In every quarter this year, monthly average players in The Sims 4 were higher than the previous year. Our Sims community is diverse and highly creative and our success continues to be built on delivering a wide variety of content and ways to engage the players with very different interests."
    https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2020/05/05/electronic-arts-ea-q4-2020-earnings-call-transcrip.aspx
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Just Eco is a title, this pack could also be titled Get Along Together and the description could be focused on the social interactions.
    Eco is a tool, an excuse for community activities. Don't focus on this detail, think about how it could change the everyday life of your sims.

People complain about their boring life, Evergreen Harbor seems to be an opportunity to do something which can change their life.

Personally, my slob sims will be happy to live in a dirty world.

And so, which of these are community activities, dumpster diving, candle making, or going up ladders? Or are you talking about the reskinned market from City Living? Or voting, which is basically commanding the cummunity lot generator to spawn specific festivals?

Or do you mean, we get to clean up a town over and over and over and over and over and over again?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Sigzy05

Good questions ! I hope they found a good way to do it but you're probably right about it.

Let's see what the livestream will tell us and judge it for what it is in real.

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yup. The farming could have been so good with this. I am tired of hearing about these hyped up topics and then seeing them pushed in games. It's about enough. It does not feel like we get to make our own choices. It has been like this from the start actually.

These subjects were ok on the side, more as a choice to implant in gameplay or not. And like you said.. NOT an entire pack + world dedicated to it.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @lvndr wrote: »
    @king_of_simcity7 From what I've seen Twitter is actually especially upset about this pack. Check out the Sims twitter account.

I don't really follow Sims Twitter myself. I use it for other stuff but I might have a quick lurk to see what the feedback is
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think anyone who dislikes the pack should dislike it on youtube give it a thumbs down
    and unless you really love this pack don't buy the pack for at least two weeks after it comes out that way it will still hurt there bottom line
    https://youtu.be/Q2ce9VSNsjE
    more for sim kids and more drama please
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top