Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: New Stereo Stations!

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Metal, and Focus music?! B-b-but where’s my R&B music? Y’all remember that R&B first appeared in The Sims 2, right?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    YES! Thank You! Was wishing for a hard rock station and you've gone one better! !m!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    I am so excited for this pack! Itjust keeps getting better and better!
    they/he
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2020
    Quickly jumping here to share some links about those stereo related issues you have mentioned. If you are experiencing any of them and have any additional info, please, add it to the links below! (Inside the spoiler):
    calaprfy wrote: »
    (New Age Station) stopped working around Xmastime.
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    Also broke the Seasons stations. Hope they fix it soon™
    Looking at the username, I'm pretty sure this is what you mean.
    InsaneStar wrote: »
    Strange Tunes custom music is still bugged.
    Link here.

Thanks!

Back to... METAAAAAL! :smiley:
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Now I feel smart for voting for the name Knitting Rocks. ^_^

:lol::joy: I wish we had known about this feature before the title vote!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

:lol::joy: I wish we had known about this feature before the title vote!

I voted for Knitting Rocks as well, and I was just thinking the same. I'd have actually attempted to campaign for either Knitting Rocks or Rock and Knit, rather than having it be something of a throw away vote.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Nifty Knitting????Hahahahahaha Also, I love listing to heavy metal, but while knitting? Ridiculous. So, I hope they patch this station in for everyone. Instead, of having to buy the pack.

Just gonna repost this
    OMG Metal Knitting! Because it's a real thing! https://heavymetalknitting.com/ in case anyone wants to actually see what it's about.

Still ridiculous and probably only there. Not everywhere else and NO ONE asked for the pairing. Just wanted to point that out. But whatever floats your boat.

I wouldn't play the game if it only gave me things that were talked about on the forums. It would just be nostalgia and Zzzz.

Are you kidding me???? Come on people, most of the game ideas they use come from these forums where Simmers share countless creative ideas about what they want to see in Sims4 and other platforms. In fact, that's why they ask for your input on this pack as well. So, umm.... Nice try. But you know that's not true at all.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • KTZKTZ Posts: 25 Member
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Metal! Oh yes.
    edited May 2020
    Nifty Knitting????Hahahahahaha Also, I love listing to heavy metal, but while knitting? Ridiculous. So, I hope they patch this station in for everyone. Instead, of having to buy the pack.

Just gonna repost this
    OMG Metal Knitting! Because it's a real thing! https://heavymetalknitting.com/ in case anyone wants to actually see what it's about.

Still ridiculous and probably only there. Not everywhere else and NO ONE asked for the pairing. Just wanted to point that out. But whatever floats your boat.

Whether or not "no one" asked for this is open to interpretation. The contest was, I believe, initially linked in the thread about how Knitting isn't just for older folks, and there was a lot of push early on to include things outside the "traditional" in the list of things to knit. And research (okay, google searches) shows that there's a lot of "edgier" knitters out there, and a market for Punk/Metal reflective knits.

You may not believe it, but some people actually find Metal relaxing - or at least not distracting when doing stuff that requires concentration. And I can certainly see how anything with a strong beat could be helpful in keeping count. I tend to listen to Punk when sewing (it helps to have something that's supposed to be louder than the machine.)

So while Metal + Knitting is a very incongruous pairing, the positive responses in this thread show it wasn't a "ridiculous" one. And Metal (or at least Hard Rock) is probably more common as background music for knitters than you believe.

But there is nothing to interpret, it wasn't asked for and you can't adequately prove your point here. That said, if you like it, great. But I'm entitled to speak my mind on the fact that know NO ONE asked for the title of Nifty Knitting or to pair the metal music and knitting together. No matter if you personally like it or not. The majority of Simmers on various boards, twitter, and Youtube agree this wasn't asked for (The Whole pack, really). One thing is for sure, EA are going to need to have more features than the metal knitting stuff if they want this pack to sell as well as other packs.
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Personally I am curious as to which BANDS/ARTISTS that will be coming in for the Metal music being used.

Hopefully some Led Zeplin or other popular heavy metal bands and not some made up sim bands.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I think they just stuck Metal in it to get people who would otherwise never buy a knitting pack, to buy it.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • VelutLunaVelutLuna Posts: 1 New Member
    Yeah I know there are people who enjoy metal and knitting, but the fact is the majority metal fans don’t knit, just like the majority of people don’t.

Placing metal in an unrelated pack kind of alienates most people who would be interested in the feature? Like I don’t want to buy a pack that doesn’t interest me just to get a radio station that does.

(Should have brought back Happy Haunts haha, it was the 2nd most popular back and metal would have gone *perfectly*)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited May 2020

::g:: Me, too.

Editing to add, after reading @DaWaterRat 's post, that while metal isn't so much my thing, I liked that title and I like the addition of metal because knitting is cool among a lot of younger people - and cool older people, as well.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    This is the greatest mix. I'm officially excited. One of my favorite genres.
  • SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    Am I the only one surprised that of all potential Sim activities, KNITTING was what made the cut???? I am not excited about the pack at all. The only good thing is a rocking chair, which would have been nice in parenting. Rocking babies is pretty universal. Knitting not so much. A hobbies pack would have been better. I do like the take on Etsy.

I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    I love this.

As someone else has mentioned: thank you Finland!
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Might be interesting listening to some Rob Zombie or something like it while you knit, lol
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    Oh swell, something i should think of getting.
  • blackwolf10799blackwolf10799 Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2020
    A metal pack would be amazing, just to get themed items, clothes, hairstyles, maybe even be able to go to a concert?
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Oh hell yes, I love how we're not only getting a metal music station, we're also getting unique interactions to go with it.

I'm so proud to be half-Finnish.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Guys! Any know what Focus has? I want my R&B back before disappointment flies inside of my system!
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Guys! Any know what Focus has? I want my R&B back before disappointment flies inside of my system!

I was surprised they didn't add something like that instead of Focus, New Age already exists and it usually makes the sims focused
    SpecialKH wrote: »
    Am I the only one surprised that of all potential Sim activities, KNITTING was what made the cut???? I am not excited about the pack at all. The only good thing is a rocking chair, which would have been nice in parenting. Rocking babies is pretty universal. Knitting not so much. A hobbies pack would have been better. I do like the take on Etsy.

That's what I'm saying. I was surprised too!
    I think they just stuck Metal in it to get people who would otherwise never buy a knitting pack, to buy it.

True

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top