Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living.. seriously?!

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Well I'm feeling positive and am looking forward to the trailer.

Though I am someone who bought DU and has never played out the university life so don't invest in my opinion of packs.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I am glad to see that they've used a second place vote for a pack later too. I'm hopeful there will be a happy haunts after all some day.
    Eco Living was the first place winner, laundry was just one of the potential features. They weren't clear in the first vote that you only got one feature and what started out as a cool eco-living concept got turned into just laundry over the course of the follow up surveys. Not that I'm still bitter about that or anything...

Yes but most people who voted for eco living.Fid it for laundry..
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    I’ve officially given up on TS4. Eco Living, are we actually serious?! Has ANYBODY asked for this? How difficult is it to read over forum posts and implement suggestions that are actually wanted? Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, but I feel like a lot of users get their hopes up only to be let down when a new pack is announced.

Yes, actually a lot of people have been asking for this since the theme won the first SP community pack. Many many players, myself included, wanted such a concept to be properly developped.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited May 2020
    xamira99 wrote: »

The community project could probably something like allotment/greenhouses for the community, farmer market, planting trees, river cleaning, etc. So, I would suggest that it is possible that it has a farming element in it. I could be wrong, but eco-friendly should be about self sustainability.

The things you mentioned are very interesting. I think if done right, they would add alot to the game. We already have alot of plants and produce that we don't know what to do with besides... cook or sell? But I don't know how many players maintain plants in TS4. I certainly don't. It could be alot better if gardening requires low maintenance and yields alot of produce? Or harvesting is faster, etc.

I mean if you look at Get Together, which I remember had alot of backlash because noone asked for it (myself included), it's a grower for sure and added one of the best systems in the game. That being said, alot of packs after that were lackluster and badly executed, no replay value and logical additions to the CORE GAMEPLAY.

Eco Living could be special if:
    • It added those farmer markets, exclusive or rare produce/ingredients/seeds at those markets, sims being able to sell their produce at the markets, trade recipes, etc.
    • An overhaul of the gardening system to make it more fun, less of a chore.
    • Added aloooot to the off-the-grid system: power options (solar,wind), rainwater, composting.
    • Maybe the gardening club from TS2? With a grading system for your garden/farm and rewards?
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I’ve officially given up on TS4. Eco Living, are we actually serious?! Has ANYBODY asked for this? How difficult is it to read over forum posts and implement suggestions that are actually wanted? Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, but I feel like a lot of users get their hopes up only to be let down when a new pack is announced.

2017-04-11
    SimGuru Graham

Last week, we announced a brand new project where those of us here at Maxis will work hand in hand with all of you in the community to create a new Stuff Pack that represents players’ desires. After counting votes from Sims players across the world, you’ve selected “eco living” as the theme for the upcoming Stuff Pack that we’ll be developing together. Today we start the next major step in development, as we’re asking you to help select this pack’s art style.

launsdry_day_brainstorm.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It feels like ancient history now, but yeah, they are only following up to the response they had from that build a stuff pack experiment.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/sims-4-community-pack-style

Looking at the brainstorm, I could seeing it being perfect for one of my sims, but maybe it should be game pack instead of an expansion.
    Or I guess everyone that I play in the new world will be Eco-conscious.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Honestly, I can already tell it's just another GP disguised as an EP. Not to mention we are going to get more reskinned gameplay yet again....with the changing world (boring repetitive game mechanic), eco friendly policies (similar to the boring conservationist and politician career) and some other crap.

At least we know the world is going to be gorgeous....which is enough for people to buy the pack. Most sims players right now seem to only care about aesthetically pleasing things, and dressing up their mindless, soulless, boring puppets. I'm not even sure the people who played TS because they enjoyed the actual gameplay are around anymore with TS4. I know I haven't touched "live mode" in months.....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm not going to judge this pack before I watch the trailer or at least know more about it.

Edit: thinking about it more I quite like the idea. There's lots of possibilities of what it could contain. Maybe Sims can be more self sufficient, like 'The Good Life'? Chicken coops, composting, nectar-making and more craftable items comes to mind here. Not to mention a variety of cost and energy efficient items to reduce bills and carbon footprint. I might be wrong, so we can wait and see.
    giphy.gif
  • HannaEBHannaEB Posts: 37 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

2017-04-11
    SimGuru Graham

Last week, we announced a brand new project where those of us here at Maxis will work hand in hand with all of you in the community to create a new Stuff Pack that represents players’ desires. After counting votes from Sims players across the world, you’ve selected “eco living” as the theme for the upcoming Stuff Pack that we’ll be developing together. Today we start the next major step in development, as we’re asking you to help select this pack’s art style.

It feels like ancient history now, but yeah, they are only following up to the response they had from that build a stuff pack experiment.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/sims-4-community-pack-style

Looking at the brainstorm, I could seeing it being perfect for one of my sims, but maybe it should be game pack instead of an expansion.

There is some good stuff on this list. Like sewing machines and alternative energy. And we have seen a lot of these ideas show up in subsequent packs. Like how Island Living has the NPC litterbug and seasons had bees and flower arranging
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited May 2020
    Well regardless whether anyone thinks this will be a ground-breaking EP or not, we can always just buy it on sale so there is that.
    HannaEB wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

2017-04-11
    SimGuru Graham

There is some good stuff on this list. Like sewing machines and alternative energy. And we have seen a lot of these ideas show up in subsequent packs. Like how Island Living has the NPC litterbug and seasons had bees and flower arranging

If anything, the fact that this theme has already been diluted throughout various packs, makes this supposed "Expansion Pack" seem like more of a cash grab.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Well regardless whether anyone thinks this will be a ground-breaking EP or not, we can always just buy it on sale so there is that.

That's true, and it's not like TS4's Expansions are never on sale at this point :D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Honestly, I can already tell it's just another GP disguised as an EP. Not to mention we are going to get more reskinned gameplay yet again....with the changing world (boring repetitive game mechanic), eco friendly policies (similar to the boring conservationist and politician career) and some other 🌺🌺🌺🌺.

At least we know the world is going to be gorgeous....which is enough for people to buy the pack. Most sims players right now seem to only care about aesthetically pleasing things, and dressing up their mindless, soulless, boring puppets. I'm not even sure the people who played TS because they enjoyed the actual gameplay are around anymore with TS4. I know I haven't touched "live mode" in months.....

I have not touched 'live move' in TS4 ever. I actually want my Sims to be alive :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    edited May 2020
    Eliharb wrote: »
    gardening requires low maintenance and yields alot of produce? Or harvesting is faster, etc.

Gardnering is very easy! very... easy money... I hate that is so very easy.. I need some challenges!

edited May 2020
    gardening requires low maintenance and yields alot of produce? Or harvesting is faster, etc.

Gardnering is very easy! very... easy money... I hate that is so very easy.. I need some challenges!

Remember back in TS2 and TS3, where plants would actually die? And if you watered them too much, or watered them and then it rained they'd die from too much water? That's why TS4 isn't a life simulator...it's a fantasy simulator. It's so unrealistic it hurts.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    The Sims 4 is really starting to get ‘woke’

This pack is hardly going to be the pack of anyone’s dreams and what is the odds it is to appeal to the green crowd and will feature a certain young female with pigtails that they will name Greta Simburg? :no_mouth:
    Don’t give them any ideas 😂
    edited May 2020

This pack is hardly going to be the pack of anyone’s dreams and what is the odds it is to appeal to the green crowd and will feature a certain young female with pigtails that they will name Greta Simburg? :no_mouth:

Plot twist, Greta Thunburg's Clothing Styles SP colab next month is released. :D:D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Plot twist, Greta Thunburg's Clothing Styles SP colab next month is released. :D:D
    I would die, I swear! 😂😂😂
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I wouldn't mind the theme if they actually included game changing features that people could use all over the game, instead of just one world. I'm tired of features that only are available in one place in the game. An Ep should contain big features like Cars, Farming, Editing Lot sizes, NPC management, Sim Personalities, more Off the Grid items, Car pools, Burglars and Police etc.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »

Remember back in TS2 and TS3, where plants would actually die? And if you watered them too much, or watered them and then it rained they'd die from too much water? That's why TS4 isn't a life simulator...it's a fantasy simulator. It's so unrealistic it hurts.

Dead plants could cause your Sims to get a negative 'room' score and if they went to work that would still effect them throughout the whole day until the plans had been fixed. It actually could stop some Sims from getting promoted by lowering their mood. Life was hard for Sims back in those days!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    It's not my cup of tea - I never bought laundry or tiny living? either and would've much preferred country living with rustic theme, farming and horses - but I am willing to wait until I see the gameplay to make up my mind about the pack. Who knows, maybe it will surprise me and is actually worth the money.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    New screenshot...

Eco-Lifestyle.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member

We did actually, but for a stuff pack some time ago. Maybe you didn't see it? We didn't get it then for a stuff pack but an expansion looks far better to me. I'm awaiting the trailer to see what it's all about.
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    New screenshot...

Eco-Lifestyle.jpg

This new screenshot cheers me up! Perhaps we'll get a cool post-apocalyptic atmosphere after all ;)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    New screenshot...

Eco-Lifestyle.jpg

So perhaps some old industrial style town that is doing a flip and becoming eco friendly instead?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Maybe we'll get a harbour industrial town at the beginning and have to make political decidions untill it gets cleaner...