Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone not excited for Eco lifestyle

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Considering the severe limitations imposed on the game at launch it has long since been known that pretty much a lot of what has been requested is just not possible so you have to settle for less each time.

This pack is just an example of the game trying to appease certain crowds although unlike the controversial ‘gender neutral’ patch this theme is being criticised not being there is anything wrong with it but simply because no one really asked for it and it is just another filler pack to cover the void for a while.

Oh well it funds TS5 I guess...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @yupp Welcome back to TS3 :smile:

I don't think the Sims are ugly though :blush:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 thank you! I'm happy that I decided to go back. I actually have a game to fully enjoy while staying at home.

I just prefer the look of TS4 sims.

My dream game would be TS4 sims (CAS) with a combination of TS2 and TS3 gameplay and personalities. One can dream...
  • Options
    @yupp I am curious of how they could make Sims look in the future. Really Sims have not looked a great deal different to TS2. I have no problem with that but I would be interested if they could make Sims look more realistic while still making them look like Sims. I find it very frustrating that they are still trying to focus on TS4 when really now is the time for something new
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I’m trying to be more optimistic today but it is hard lol. Maybe something about it will be great
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Heres what I personally think about it this upcoming pack, I'm going to wait for the trailer, before making a proper comment, I'm not going too have any expectations either, the bottom line is I want things that have never been done before too come, i get everyone frustration about this but the truth is you dont know what this pack will add at all, Its like saying no too a gross looking smoothie but it actually could be the best tasting smoothie you've ever tasted and you've missed out, The sims 4 isnt over yet, going by the survey we had it's going too take a while yet, we have time too get most what we want
  • Options
    lulubuttonslulubuttons Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi I'm new here but I'm looking forqward to this because I had been hoping they would release something like this, especially if it has 'off grid' living. I would also enjoy one with farming, but maybe they will incorporate this into the pack?
  • Options
    @Nikkih wrote: »
    Heres what I personally think about it this upcoming pack, I'm going to wait for the trailer, before making a proper comment, I'm not going too have any expectations either, the bottom line is I want things that have never been done before too come, i get everyone frustration about this but the truth is you dont know what this pack will add at all, Its like saying no too a gross looking smoothie but it actually could be the best tasting smoothie you've ever tasted and you've missed out, The sims 4 isnt over yet, going by the survey we had it's going too take a while yet, we have time too get most what we want

Just a shame that after more than five years, and the longest running Sims game yet (too long) and players are still waiting for base content

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I totally get some people frustration, especially if you played the game from the very beginning but the game is not over yet, going by the recent survey, theres going to be alot of good things coming aswell @king_of_simcity7
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    My disappointment comes with the fact that it's going to be an entire expansion pack featured around this theme, instead of a game pack... this would've been much more suited for a game pack. Not an expansion pack.

Yeah, I actually would have liked the theme as a GP. It just feels a waste of time and EP-space :D to make this an EP.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Well I'm not
    I could be wrong this might be interesting, but this is just not my playstyle.This seems more fitted for a smaller pack .Not a big pack.I hope people who like this can enjoy it.But right now it seems boring.Whats so fun having a whole pack about going green, or save the environment?

Sorry to hear it.

Not everyone is going to like every pack. But I am not sure that a troll-y flamebait thread of "Who Else Hates X?" is a constructive response.

Personally, I think it fits far better in tone with recent packs like Island Living, with its Conservationist career, and Tiny Living, with its reduced footprint, etc. than, say, a farm pack would. And just for the record, a farm pack is about the last thing I am interested in seeing.

Maybe wait and see what gameplay and features the pack adds, before deciding its a waste of your time. Though you have racked up five pages of incendiary responses with your bait, so, well done.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Well I'm not
    I could be wrong this might be interesting, but this is just not my playstyle.This seems more fitted for a smaller pack .Not a big pack.I hope people who like this can enjoy it.But right now it seems boring.Whats so fun having a whole pack about going green, or save the environment?

Sorry to hear it.

Not everyone is going to like every pack. But I am not sure that a troll-y flamebait thread of "Who Else Hates X?" is a constructive response.

Personally, I think it fits far better in tone with recent packs like Island Living, with its Conservationist career, and Tiny Living, with its reduced footprint, etc. than, say, a farm pack would. And just for the record, a farm pack is about the last thing I am interested in seeing.

Maybe wait and see what gameplay and features the pack adds, before deciding its a waste of your time. Though you have racked up five pages of incendiary responses with your bait, so, well done.

I'm glad you're going to enjoy it.For the record I wasn't baiting no one.I' m truly glad for the people who are going want this pack.I got upset because I really wanted farming, and eco pack isn't fun for me. I did not even think I was getting this much responses.
  • Options
    Theres things that I kind of think could be in this pack but I could be wrong, more outdoor activities, farming could still possibly be an option with this pack, obviously options too look after this new world, wild life interactive deers etc. More plant options
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm glad it's not farming because I didn't want that pack at all, not sure how I feel about this pack yet but I'll wait for the official announcement to see what theyve done before I form any opinions on it. I'm happy we finally have something else to talk about other than knitting though, I'm so tired of hearing about knitting! knitting pack! yawn.
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm glad it's not farming because I didn't want that pack at all, not sure how I feel about this pack yet but I'll wait for the official announcement to see what theyve done before I form any opinions on it

This does not mean we're not getting farming in the future .
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm glad it's not farming because I didn't want that pack at all, not sure how I feel about this pack yet but I'll wait for the official announcement to see what theyve done before I form any opinions on it

Well obviously, but farming isn't the next expansion pack. This is something I would possibly buy depending on how it's executed, farming I won't be buying at all if or when it's released.
  • Options

Well obviously, but farming isn't the next expansion pack. This is something I would possibly buy depending on how it's executed, farming I wouldn't have bought at all.

Well alright hope you enjoy it.😊
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I totally get some people frustration, especially if you played the game from the very beginning but the game is not over yet, going by the recent survey, theres going to be alot of good things coming aswell @king_of_simcity7

What's aggravating, is that there have been 8 expansion packs and 8 game packs that is now coming close to $500 (if paid regular price). And I still wouldn't call it a sequel, because a lot of features are still missing or are downgraded from the previous iterations.

But they wanna keep this train going with more content that has the depth of a puddle on the sidewalk?!
  • Options
    I understand that but if they made a new game right now, you would probably spend this money anyways, buying another remake of seasons, pets, another base game etc. The survey they recently gave us has shown me that they really are listening even though sometimes it doesn't seem that way and they are dedicated on making this game in the long run maybe not now, a great game and running great aswell, you dont have to buy every pack if you dont want too either @Logisitcs
  • Options
    I'm already disappointed. At this point, I'm actually hoping that the trailer redeems the boring description they have for the pack. I wasn't that excited for farming but now I wish that this was a farming pack. At least I could see myself using those features more. I wonder if they'll put bunk beds in this pack so people will buy it? Anyways, here's hoping that the trailer tomorrow surprises me because at this point I can't be any more disappointed than I already am.

I feel the exact same way. :(
  • Options
    I'm already disappointed. At this point, I'm actually hoping that the trailer redeems the boring description they have for the pack. I wasn't that excited for farming but now I wish that this was a farming pack. At least I could see myself using those features more. I wonder if they'll put bunk beds in this pack so people will buy it? Anyways, here's hoping that the trailer tomorrow surprises me because at this point I can't be any more disappointed than I already am.

Hmm maybe they will have plant sims, bunk beds, nectermaker, and community projects without eco-living.That could make me a bit interested.

I actually do think there is a possibility that this will include cars and/or bunk beds so people who wouldn't like this theme buy it anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I have this theory, it was a bit strange wasnt it releasing an unfinished game back in 2014, we were told that this is going to be the longest game in the franchise, Maybe the reason why the base game was like what it was because they wanted to build this game with us, giving us a say what should be in or not but also adding their own idea aswell
  • Options
    I have this theory, it was a bit strange wasnt it releasing an unfinished game back in 2014, we were told that this is going to be the longest game in the franchise, Maybe the reason why the base game was like what it was because they wanted to build this game with us, giving us a say what should be in or not but also adding their own idea aswell

If they wanted to know what we wanted then should they have not asked us early on? Was there as much in the way of surveys trying to read into what players wanted back in the TS3 years? Did they just assume that we all 'loved' the game so much that we would buy everything just because 'It has The Sims on it' and so assumed again that they could spend a few years 'building' on an unfinished game and players would just buy the content 'because it has The Sims on it' and being bored of content then they would be thirsty for more?

It does not work like that. There is over five years of feedback and not much of it is saying that concept has worked. If anything it has failed very badly.

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Its was just my theory, all I'm saying is that toddlers weren't an option at launch, alot of people weren't happy about it, they got added now better than ever @king_of_simcity7
  • Options
    Its was just my theory, all I'm saying is that toddlers weren't an option at launch, alot of people weren't happy about it, they got added now better than ever @king_of_simcity7

I do not wish to be reminded of the 'no toddlers' saga :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg