Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else not play with supernaturals at all?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
I maybe will play with aliens once in a blue moon but I dont play with supernaturals. They annoy me if they arent easy to avoid. I liked how TS3 had its own supernatural pack but there were still supernaturals in late night and other expansions(or so i think)

Doesnt it just make more sense all of them are in their own expansion instead of spread into various expansions? It breaks the immersion when I go to the grocery store and theres an alien spaceship parked. (TS3) Or in the Sims 2 when going clubbing you can see the vampires around. Thankfully zombied and plant sims have to be 'made' and arent just spawn into the world

I hope TS5 can do that. They can even update new expansions to include the supernatural. For example if an island game came out after their supernatural, they can patch in mermaids for those with a supernatural expansion
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• 4xel4xel Posts: 34 Member
    I don't play much with them either. It's not just about immersion, it's about balance as well. IIRC, vampire is 5x lifetime and x2 learning rate + special perks, with zero downsides.

About immersion, one could make a point that the sims never really were serious, and what you're supposed to be immersed into is a very bad soap opera, so super naturals are fair game. But since, for better or worse, EA Sims is pretty the only representative of its genre, it would be nice to be able to customize the game just like you said, putting most if not all supernatural in the same EP or at least have a convenient way to toggle them off.
  • Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    You are not alone. I don’t play with the supernaturals at all, not even aliens. I never had an interest in them. Not only that I forget about them. I even forget about having mermaids :/
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am not interested in Supernaturals whatsoever
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 33 Member
    I seldomly play with Supernaturals as well. The only Supernaturals I do play however are usually limited to the Sims series classics like witches and vampires. Although I have to admit I do enjoy the Sims 4's take on vampires since they're very well done. Though most of the times, I prefer living normal mundane lives with my Sims so I hardly ever touch the Supernatural aspect of the games. I do like that in the Sims 2 that they're just NPCs that appear and a feature you can omit out of entirely. Outside of that I really don't want a fairy centric pack for the Sims 4 tbh since I hated them so much in the Sims 3. So any fairy related pack is a hard pass for me.
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Depends on the nature of the story I'm doing and the town I'm doing it in. Pleasantview, not so much; Strangetown, most definitely. That is one place in TS2 where I wish I had TS4 style multi-level basements. TS3 has dungeons/tombs but I don't remember if we could make our own.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I don’t play with aliens or supernaturals at all.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • ihavesorelegsnowihavesorelegsnow Posts: 43 Member
    I don't have vampires or realm of magic for this reason. Every so often I'm tempted because variety is nice once in a while, but I just wish there was a supernaturals toggle. Same with ghosts actually. The ghost doctors. Gah. Turn them off.
  • OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 33 Member
    I don't have vampires or realm of magic for this reason. Every so often I'm tempted because variety is nice once in a while, but I just wish there was a supernaturals toggle. Same with ghosts actually. The ghost doctors. Gah. Turn them off.

This is the very reason why I dislike how ghosts are handled in the Sims 4. They're supposed to be dead yet they'll still regularly text their living relatives or friends to go out and get a drink. :neutral:

I wished the ghosts were like in the Sims and the Sims 2 again. Because ghosts in those games used to terrify me as a child. In the Sims 2, my god were they vengeful and spooky but that's what I expected ghosts to be like. But like starting with the Sims 3 and onwards, every ghost is now just Casper the Friendly Ghost. :/
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've started to play with supernaturals very recently. I used to dislike it a lot but i use mccc and i set it to have only one alien and one vampire per save (i don't have realm of magic). So if i want to interact with a supernatural i really have to look for them.
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    I definitely don't play with Supernaturals, no matter which game it is. They used to be fun for me, but they got frustrating for me after a while, both in TS3 and TS4.

I think I just got tired of seeing normal townies become supernaturals in my game.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't. I played plantsims once for an hour about a year ago, same with an alien, that Ididn't even realise was an alien until she had a green baby lol.

Island Living is my all time fav pack, all my sims live there full time now and I've spent many many many hours on that pack and not once seen a mermaid let alone played one haha! If I was going to play any supernatural I guess it'd be mermaids, but right now I have no intention of it.

Ghosts are released immediately are deleted from manage worlds, same with aliens.

I don't own vampires.

I have the witches pack but never go into the area that allows magic to enter my normal worlds so again, I never have seen a witch, I bought it for the amazing cas/build buy and glimmerbrook world.

I do enjoy strangerville pack though, as it's not really supernatural. The Sims are still normal Sims just affected by plant pollen, I consider it a bad science experiement and more a poison type affect than supernatural so it doesn't compare to me. I've played it quite a few times now.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I don’t play with any of the supernatural stuff. I’m thhiiinnnkiiinnggg if trying out a mermaid but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hate 'em. I deleted most of the precreated Sims from my game, primarily due to annoying celebrities, or my own Sims getting bitten by vampires. That and Vlad was constantly harassing my Sim. If it is a Sim I made myself, or downloaded from the gallery, and wanted for their appearance that MCCC turned into an occult, I immediately turn them back into human, and try to get their appearance back close to what I had.

There is no scientific evidence to support vampires (which is pretty much a legend that goes along with Vlad the Impaler's behavior on the battlefield), witches/'spellcasters' (in my opinion, "witches" were just misunderstood Wiccans), mermaids, or aliens (don't believe any of that BS you see on television--they keep making stuff up to keep that stupid show on air). Thus, from a realism-based player like myself, they have no place in my game.
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    Not a fan. Have actually uninstalled Vampires from my game as I got sick and tired of Vlad harassing my Sims. I wish there was a way of accessing CAS and objects from the pack without having to have the vampires in the game. I never choose an occult Sim when creating a new household.
    I don't mind the aliens but I think the machine like sound of their voice is really annoying so I don't play with them specifically.
    Ghosts I usually don't mind but don't go out of my way to include them in game play.
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i play alien sims familys on occasion but thats about it
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited May 2020
    I play normal sims on my main save.

I keep vampires and witches contained in another save. The last time I was active on my supernatural save was when RoM came out. I also took the chance to make my first and only mermaid. I like my vampires and the witch I created but there's not much to do after powering them up while creating drama. After that I just have them settle down and have families. I also have a supernatural save on TS3. Yay for toggles! It's been years since I've played TS2 supernaturals. Haven't played with them ever since I got my digital copy 4 years ago.

I dislike TS4 aliens. Tried making a family once then deleted it. Aliens used to be a mystery in the sims and now they are just so... I don't know. Don't get me started on TS4 ghosts. The way they are mixed up with the culling system destroyed my old family trees.

I use MCC to purge delete the occult on my normal saves.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I thought I didn't play with Supernaturals at all but then I don't consider mermaids supernatural! I do love mermaids.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    I don't like the supernaturals much, and rarely play them. I prefer human sims, and a more realistic type of game.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    For players that dislike playing Supernaturals in Sims 4, don't buy:
    Get to Work (Aliens)
    Seasons(Father Winter, Easter Bunny & Gnomes)
    Island Living (Mermaids)
    Vampires
    Jungle Adventure (Live Skeletons)
    Strangerville (Motherplant, Smiley Zombies & Alien Town)
    Realm of Magic (Witches & Wizards)
    Spooky Stuff (Vampire & Werewolf Pictures, Witch & Zombie Costumes & Lighted Cauldron)
    Romantic Garden Stuff (Wishing Well)
  • HallgerdHallgerd Posts: 43 Member
    I also don't like playing supernatural beings. Ideally, they could be turned on or off for individual save. I hate it when a vampire comes to my rational family or aliens kidnap me.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Not knowingly. :)
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I played with unicorns some in TS3 Pets because I love unicorns, but otherwise I haven't really played any. I don't really like the violent/horror supernaturals and those seem to be the ones that are done the most. =/ (although TS3 has quite a few that are not, thankfully, and I should play them someday).
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    I play vampires and aliens which I enjoy, occult is always fun to me. Imo I rather have a good in depth game pack on vampires than a pretty shallow and kind of their vampire like in the Supernatural.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2020
    Nah i haven't either i haven't played Aliens and i tried to play a Vampire once it was fun talking to them and befriending them in TS2 but i wasn't interested even if i quite like stuff about aliens and supernatural, i loved watching the ghosts float about and scare the sims though haha! :D and i will in TS4, i'd just rather Garden, Fish, play the Community Lots, have parties and play all the families and Build stuff can't forget that since we do that a lot for our Sims.
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    For players that dislike playing Supernaturals in Sims 4, don't buy:
    Get to Work (Aliens)
    Seasons(Father Winter, Easter Bunny & Gnomes)
    Island Living (Mermaids)
    Vampires
    Jungle Adventure (Live Skeletons)
    Strangerville (Motherplant, Smiley Zombies & Alien Town)
    Realm of Magic (Witches & Wizards)
    Spooky Stuff (Vampire & Werewolf Pictures, Witch & Zombie Costumes & Lighted Cauldron)
    Romantic Garden Stuff (Wishing Well)

Too late for me and I might get RoM when the price drops again. I like the CAS/build items that come with some of the packs and MCCC helps with the uncontrollable supernatural population. But serious, how much would it affect gameplay if they did allow fo us to disable certain features in our packs whenever we wanted?