Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: New Stereo Stations!

Comments

• InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    Metal Station? Yes! Now I can add the past Metal songs of the Sims games.

However, make sure you guys get the custom folder stereos working. Each time a new stereo is added in a game or stuff pack. (Saving Base game updates and expansion packs.) Custom music doesn't play it despite it can be hearable in the music in the music selection options menu.

Strange Tunes custom music is still bugged.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm glad there will be a metal station now! I felt bad having Wayne and Garth listen to blues. And air guitar to metal sounds perfect!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Honestly, I'm excited about the rocking chair. If we can't rock our toddlers to sleep, I will be mad.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    This made me smile. Air Guitar Contests are a go!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I hope they can do air guitar while doing karaoke!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Firebeard117Firebeard117 Posts: 1 New Member
    Personally I am curious as to which BANDS/ARTISTS that will be coming in for the Metal music being used.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Wow, didn't see this coming,metal and knitting. The sims keep surprising me.
  • OrThaylorOrThaylor Posts: 46 Member
    Yay! This looks like so much fun and something very new to the sims! so I'm excited!
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    This was so interesting! Thanks for sharing @SimGuruConor & Drew! Looking forward to listening to these suggestions stations!
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    This is awesome. I love the interviews! It gives me more appreciation for the company and the processes. The metal with the knitting is absolutely BRILLIANT!
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    Metal! I wasn't that interested in knitting as such, but now that we get metal and its inspired by Metal Knitting as we have in Finland, I'm so in. And I've never been more proud to be Finnish :-)
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I was already sold on this pack when it was announced as a knitting pack, but metal (finally!) as well? I can't wait for this one! <3
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    edited May 2020
    Metal Music Wow I will actually enjoy listening to the Radio in the game at last! All we need is Gothic music now :) Hubby does Air Guitar so I cant wait to see Sims do it and knitting of course, my Mrs Crumplebotton will have knitting she can actually do at last in the Sims after all these years of just having it in her bag (she hits ppl with) but I dont think she will approve of the Metal music or the dancing! Lol. Btw I did her lookalike she was maxis faved a while back.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Nifty Knitting????Hahahahahaha Also, I love listing to heavy metal, but while knitting? Ridiculous. So, I hope they patch this station in for everyone. Instead, of having to buy the pack.

Just gonna repost this
    OMG Metal Knitting! Because it's a real thing! https://heavymetalknitting.com/ in case anyone wants to actually see what it's about.

Still ridiculous and probably only there. Not everywhere else and NO ONE asked for the pairing. Just wanted to point that out. But whatever floats your boat.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Great that there are new animations along with it ;)
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Yes! Metal :love: Perfect :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I don't have the vampire pack, but can't help imagining Vlad busy metal knitting socks to sell on Plopsy!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    You just won me with the air guitar and headbanging!!
  • delphiniadelphinia Posts: 16 Member
    I didn't expect this at all but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 its cool!!
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Nifty Knitting????Hahahahahaha Also, I love listing to heavy metal, but while knitting? Ridiculous. So, I hope they patch this station in for everyone. Instead, of having to buy the pack.

Just gonna repost this
    OMG Metal Knitting! Because it's a real thing! https://heavymetalknitting.com/ in case anyone wants to actually see what it's about.

Still ridiculous and probably only there. Not everywhere else and NO ONE asked for the pairing. Just wanted to point that out. But whatever floats your boat.

I wouldn't play the game if it only gave me things that were talked about on the forums. It would just be nostalgia and Zzzz.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Knitting and metal?! YESSS! :heart:
    giphy.gif
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Now I feel smart for voting for the name Knitting Rocks. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    A type of music to get energised to. It's nice to have holes filled in.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Now I feel smart for voting for the name Knitting Rocks. ^_^

That was also my vote, just taking it as a clever twist for the rocking chair. It would have definitely been more fitting now. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

Just gonna repost this

Whether or not "no one" asked for this is open to interpretation. The contest was, I believe, initially linked in the thread about how Knitting isn't just for older folks, and there was a lot of push early on to include things outside the "traditional" in the list of things to knit. And research (okay, google searches) shows that there's a lot of "edgier" knitters out there, and a market for Punk/Metal reflective knits.

You may not believe it, but some people actually find Metal relaxing - or at least not distracting when doing stuff that requires concentration. And I can certainly see how anything with a strong beat could be helpful in keeping count. I tend to listen to Punk when sewing (it helps to have something that's supposed to be louder than the machine.)

So while Metal + Knitting is a very incongruous pairing, the positive responses in this thread show it wasn't a "ridiculous" one. And Metal (or at least Hard Rock) is probably more common as background music for knitters than you believe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top