Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would make you enjoy Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I like the skills everyone mentioned like nectar/candle making and farming, but I'd like to see a strong focus on more general gameplay as well. I hope to see sims autonomously both care for and destroy the environment in accordance to their traits, and see some negative consequences (eg. hate from neighbors) if your sim was caught being environmentally inconsiderate.

I'd also like some (more than 1-2) traits, especially one that would stop sims being so tech-obsessed. And of course, I want to see some child/toddler/teen specific content, or at the very least, some child/toddler cas. I'm less excited for cars, but am interested in green energy/electric cars in real life, and think this would be an appropriate pack, as long as general cars came with a free patch.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'm amused by the odd ways people find to shoehorn cars into packs I feel are totally inappropriate for them.

I'll be happy if this EP finally makes off the grid living viable instead of the painful mishmash it is now. Oh, and ladders. Please, ladders.

I have a slight sinking feeling about the whole, work with community on a project thing. No thanks. I don't want random pear shaped monsters trudging round my lot uninvited all day. D:

TS3 had eco cars so it makes sense this pack might but normal cars could come with the Pre EP Patch for everyone.

If we already had cars it would make total sense. But as we don't, then unless they add them base pre-release it would be adding a polluter in order to add a solution to it. I really don't see that as eco. It's EA though so who knows.

@Scobre I completely agree that ladders should have been in Tiny Living.

I wonder if Eco encompasses 'homesteading'. In which case I'd be hopeful for chickens, jam making etc.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    I want bottle depots, or landfill sites as community lots. And I want being a landfill workers or garbage truck striker as a non-active career.

I want the mayor career to be active, and you have to balance our economic and environmental interests for the town.

I also want more moustaches and beards.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    The reason the town is so eco-focused is because they want to keep their land pure and clean for dragons. If you successfully make the place a green paradise, the dragons will finally return to the land and live alongside sims.

I like your optimism
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm amused by the odd ways people find to shoehorn cars into packs I feel are totally inappropriate for them.

I'll be happy if this EP finally makes off the grid living viable instead of the painful mishmash it is now. Oh, and ladders. Please, ladders.

I have a slight sinking feeling about the whole, work with community on a project thing. No thanks. I don't want random pear shaped monsters trudging round my lot uninvited all day. D:

TS3 had eco cars so it makes sense this pack might but normal cars could come with the Pre EP Patch for everyone.

If we already had cars it would make total sense. But as we don't, then unless they add them base pre-release it would be adding a polluter in order to add a solution to it. I really don't see that as eco. It's EA though so who knows.

@Scobre I completely agree that ladders should have been in Tiny Living.

I wonder if Eco encompasses 'homesteading'. In which case I'd be hopeful for chickens, jam making etc.

Thing is cars could be added thru the Pre EP Patch to the base game before the EP releases. Eco Cars go against polluting. The EP could add Electric Cars.
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    I wanted horses, when i thought we were getting farming... i still want them sigh... but i doubt i will get them... so fairies? or dragons... and some build items i like and casual cosy clothes... and maybe a city hall you can meet at and discuss the initiatives you are taking...
  • SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    This might be a good pack to update plant sims?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    We could totally get horses with this pack. They'd be a great eco alternative to driving a car.

Also, considering that heavy metal music is being added to the knitting pack, anything is possible!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nothing, honestly. It just sounds boring.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2020
    Being able to turn the eco friendly world into a barren wasteland as the town's new tiberium magnate would make for a great start.

I mean, really now... I don't see the point in being so environment friendly in a videogame where the environment can just be altered on a whim via code or in older games where we ACTUALLY had Create-a- World, via player choice. Feels preachy and unnecessary.

At least Country Livin' would actually be far more reaching than this ultra niche content they seem to be passing as a whole EP. I get that obviously some people are into this and it will enhance their stories/gameplay, but it seems really strange that the devs would please such as small audience with something as big as an EP.

...Unless somehow I'm the one out of touch and so many more people are somehow into the whole going green thing.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    We could totally get horses with this pack. They'd be a great eco alternative to driving a car.

Also, considering that heavy metal music is being added to the knitting pack, anything is possible!

There’s an island in a Michigan called Mackinac Island where the only vehicles on the island are emergency vehicles, and everyone gets around by bike or horse carriage (or riding) Or walking.

I coooooould be pretty happy if this kind of thing was in Eco Lifestyle, and it probably would be the thing that makes me want to buy the EP right away. Otherwise, I’d probably just spend the money on my pony for something and wait for a sale.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I have no idea what to expect from an Eco pack, as catloverplayer mentioned, it reminded me of the cars that TS3 brought in. I’ll just be looking at the new world tomorrow
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like to see more aspirations not just one
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    A world with at least 20 lots, actual plantsims and more long hairstyle options would be nice.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    If it comes with nectar making, food preserves, candle making, soap making and a few more crafts, a local market and second hand market it's cool for me. I would add expanding bikes to children too. And i think we'll have at least one feature that will be game changing in all worlds (not sure what though).

Eta: werewolfs are pretty eco imo 😅

I like your line of thinking. The concept of home made stuff, and a farmers market appeals to me too.

I also agree with the idea that it would be a good time to add eco friendly cars, ev, hydrogen, solar, whatever... Not that we'd really have anywhere to drive them, but they could work like the ones in TS2 did.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I want cars so bad. But I’d rather have them in their own dlc than with eco lifestyle.

If we already had cars in the game then it would make sense to have electric eco friendly ones in Eco lifestyle, but right now it doesn’t make sense to me to introduce cars in this Eco Lifestyle.

Ladders -which I badly want too- would make more sense in a farming pack.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I wonder if there will be cars at all in this world. As it's eco friendly maybe they banned cars altogether and there will be no decorative cars at all.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Horses, jam making, turning everything into a wasteland... These things, that others mentions as well, would make me enjoy the pack.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Horses, jam making, turning everything into a wasteland... These things, that others mentions as well, would make me enjoy the pack.

You know, I really don't like the idea the way Sulani was, you pretty everything up accidently and that's it. Now if it defaulted to barren toxic wasteland and you had to continuously battle against that - or could choose not too- that might be fun.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Cars
    Brum brums
    Vehicular transportation
    Rust buckets that get me from A to B
    Speed demons 😈
    Mystery mobiles

But I sincerely doubt that it will happen in this kind of pack...

Maybe the patch??
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Maybe we'll get electric scooters. I am not holding my breath for cars as I don't think we'll ever get them.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I hope we can destroy the town, too! I want some grit and dirt in this game - I fear it will be another rainbow unicorn utopia without the unicorns and too many rainbows...
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Don't packs normally create an alternative use for existing objects (eg. Vampires allowed frogs to be converted into plasma packs)?

I'd like something to make the crystals, metals and fossils I collect more relevant than just collecting.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    Well Greenhouses, real plant sims, some kinda animals.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Please make the town a decently sized world-space ala Windenburg or Newcrest and NOT like Del Sol Valley or Britechester ($40 for those two packs and they have like two, three vacant houses a piece and little else to do in them). When Strangerville...a purportedly controversial Game Pack (which happens to be my favorite FYI) did the worldspace better than a proper 'EXPANSION', there's something wrong. I will probably love Eco-Living regardless, not to sound like an EA shill but I have no life, and I am obsessed with the sims and being up-to-date on content, I just do not want a tiny worldspace for what should be a proper expansion pack.