Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need to see weather forecasts for other worlds

That's it, that's the thread.

Like, a phone option, or a weather channel that activates a text popup that tells you the weekly forecast for worlds that your Sim isn't currently in.

Cuz let's face it, going on vacation to Selvadorada, or a beach day at Sulani, only to get stuck in the middle of a monsoon, is, uh,
...not ideal.
wJbomAo.png

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    To say the least. With you on this.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited April 2020
    +1 vote from me. I built all sorts of cute outdoor beer gardens and dining areas in Willow Creek and a cute camping spot in Brindleton Bay but I feel like every time I go, it’s a torrential downpour 😭 of maybe my own tears
    Post edited by popstarsley on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes, please!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Like, a phone option, or a weather channel that activates a text popup that tells you the weekly forecast for worlds that your Sim isn't currently in.

Cuz let's face it, going on vacation to Selvadorada, or a beach day at Sulani, only to get stuck in the middle of a monsoon, is, uh,
    ...not ideal.

I don't think it matters that much. With snow it's almost a given that it's winter everywhere, but I noticed with rain that if it rains in home neighbourhood and I go to another neighbourhood it also rains there as well. I have a feeling that weather just carries over. Same thing with blizzards.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2020
    I don't even understand why this isn't a thing....sims should get this info by watching the weather channel.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CNJ93CNJ93 Posts: 30 Member
    That would be really cool :)
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

...not ideal.

I don't think it matters that much. With snow it's almost a given that it's winter everywhere, but I noticed with rain that if it rains in home neighbourhood and I go to another neighbourhood it also rains there as well. I have a feeling that weather just carries over. Same thing with blizzards.

Nope, every world has its own weather probabilities. You just got lucky.
    wJbomAo.png
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I like this idea.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Good idea!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    +1

I hate turning up to Pupperstone Park, Brindleton Bay to walk my dog and it's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 down!
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Oh yeah. It really is a hindrance to only be able to check the current weather and weather forecast for the world you're currently in.

Also, this may be a more complicated fix, but it's pretty freakin' hilarious to send a "happy text" to someone, get the response invite "yeah, it's a great day, let's go to (insert some park in a different world here)!" only to arrive in the middle of a freakin' thunderstorm
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited April 2020
    I hope this gets added to the game at some point. For example I had my Sim go out for a drink on a sunny day, and at the destination he had to run inside because a thunderstorm. I would like to know the weather in advance.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Or you know the GeekCon with pouring rain is kind of useless...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited April 2020
    My Sims who live in Willow Creek had an outdoor wedding in Newcrest and of course it was pouring rain and thunder on the wedding day. I should've gone visit Newcrest to check out the local weather forecast when I was planning the wedding day, but I didn't even think of it.
    I've also made my Sims to go on one day vacation to Sulani and spend the day inside because of the monsoon. :/
    It's annoying that a Sim has to travel to another world to just check out the weather forecast.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Yes please, this bothers me so much :(
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Just give us a symbol for current weather in the top right of the "travel with" selection screen.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Arie03Arie03 Posts: 22 Member
    I totally agree with this thread. I was just thinking this the other day. Weather channel and phone idea are a good work around with this. Would be awesome to add this feature with a future update/patch.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    > I don't think it matters that much. With snow it's almost a given that it's winter everywhere, but I noticed with rain that if it rains in home neighbourhood and I go to another neighbourhood it also rains there as well. I have a feeling that weather just carries over. Same thing with blizzards.

Really? The opposite happens for me every time. It's nice out, so I decide to take the family to that cool park I set up in another world and then I suffer through the load screen just for it to be raining. I'd love a weather channel.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yes. We need a proper weather forecast info, like an apps on our Sims mobile phone where it shows weather forecast. Else, they need to improve the holiday plan travel option where they might want to include the weather forecast when the Sims made the reservation.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Omg yes! It seems like every time my sims go on a nice summer outdoor trip they end up arriving in a torrential downpour.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    Or you know the GeekCon with pouring rain is kind of useless...

Omg so many times!! 😂
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member

...not ideal.

That's a really good idea. It would help when picking where to go. So many times I've gone to windenburg for a day out with my Sims and it's chucking it down with rain!