Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playstation 4 Themes

Hello, bit of a random thread to start but I was hoping this feedback would be useful. Also I apologise in advance if this thread is in the wrong place. I'm not sure about anyone else here but with the game themes we have for ps4 I find the white background hurts my eyes as its so bright. It's a shame that the themes don't come with a black background version too. I'm finding I'm not able to use them because of the fact they do hurt my eyes which is a shame and turning the brightness down makes no difference. A few people on twitter have mentioned this also and so have a few people on the psn community I moderate. Anyone else finding this to be the case too?

Comments

• xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    Oh yes! I have the same issue with these themes. I really want to use them but they are too bright for my eyes 👀
    I hope they can update them (can they do that?) with the ability to change background colors as we want. B)
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    True Sony needs a dark mode for themes much like this forum needs one.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who felt this way
    I haven't seen a theme for Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventures.
    I haven't seen a theme for Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventures.

Probably because they are game packs?
    I take that we will get no more themes then. That's a shame I would have loved them with black backgrounds too as the white hurts my head.
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don’t know what kind of television you’re using to game on, @StevieJohn88 , but mine has a dynamic mode that uses ambient light in the room and dims it to match the brightness of the space it’s in. I use these same themes on occasion, and this automatic mode helps quite a bit. You could also manually lower the brightness setting on your television, or fine tune the contrast settings; perhaps that would help. 😀
    I take that we will get no more themes then. That's a shame I would have loved them with black backgrounds too as the white hurts my head.

I've seen no conformation we won't be getting anymore themes. We might once the Expansion Pack hits Playstation Store.
    edited May 2020
    xtianx wrote: »
    I don’t know what kind of television you’re using to game on, @StevieJohn88 , but mine has a dynamic mode that uses ambient light in the room and dims it to match the brightness of the space it’s in. I use these same themes on occasion, and this automatic mode helps quite a bit. You could also manually lower the brightness setting on your television, or fine tune the contrast settings; perhaps that would help. 😀

My TV is old 😂 I'm not that fancy lol but I think it is time to invest in a new one especially with the next gen consoles coming out and the game no doubt coming over to them.
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    @StevieJohn88 Thd cool thing is there are many deals to be had these days on previously pricey models as we march toward 8K. 🙂 I hope you chose/will choose to upgrade and that it helps.