Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you like to see in Eco-Living?

SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
For those looking forward to an eco pack? What would you like to see included?

I'm hoping for greenhouses, both as an item themselves that we can place and enter and put plants in, but also proper glass walls/roof for building our own ones. (Even though I can't build, the gallery is great haha!)

Also a bit of a garden overhaul when it comes to fertilizing etc.

A farmer's market could be cool as a new ownable business.

*Edit I accidentally posted this in Packs and it prob should have been in speculation, so hopefully a mod can move it for me*

Comments

• Merricat94Merricat94 Posts: 46 Member
    I only just saw the theme is eco living so I dunno if I have actually formed any opinion on it yet but what you suggest actually sounds really good. I would especially love greenhouses!
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    I want chickens. That's pretty much all I'm gonna say until I see what the pack is really about...
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    * Harbour-front homes.
    * Large lots in green space, edged by a river or forest.
    * A modern country town centre
    * Farmer’s markets
    * Nectar making
    * Butter churn
    * Chicken coop + eggs
    * Jam making
    * Baking competitions
    * Greenhouses
    * A large world, with green space, trees, something that feels fresh and clean and natural.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    ^Jam making would be really neat.

I'd like pies too.. as long as this can be done in the normal oven, I don't want another oversized cupcake maker for pies haha! I love your ideas.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    edited May 2020
    Borderless windows, floor to ceiling glass with no frames so you can literally make a full wall of glass. Like we had in the Sims 3 into the future. I would post a picture but it's near impossible to find one for some reason. Also a new roof texture that's grass.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    I would like
    - off the grid lot update : better cooking options, allow baking cakes off grid, power battery for occasional laptop use, search filter for off the grid items, water well to use plumbing, ...
    - updated plantsims : please make them an actual lifestate, not a temporary disease.
    - with a place called harbor I am hoping to get a swimmable ocean in a temperate climate (DU had lakes, not the sea)

from the suggestions above I'd really like to see my sims make nektar or jam and more full hight windows for greenhouses.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    This is the most excited I have been for an EP since Seasons. So I am trying to be careful and not hype myself up too much just to not be very dissapointed when x y and z don't make it into the EP
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    This is the most excited I have been for an EP since Seasons. So I am trying to be careful and not hype myself up too much just to not be very dissapointed when x y and z don't make it into the EP

Aww, glad for you! I don’t think any pack has been as amazing to me as Seasons, except maybe Cats & Dogs. The hype was intense and it delivered.

So what are you expecting or hoping for? What has you excited for this pack?
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    launsdry_day_brainstorm.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

To be honest, I had forgotten about that brainstorm for the theme created by the team. Some of these will certainly be in it.
    This would be a great back for one of my sims if they brought over some of those hobbies.

Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Eco-Living, Spa Day, Movie Stuff (for the objects),
    are her packs. Nectar making is one of my favorite things to do in The Sims 3, but it was a combination of things, like growing my own crops using the farming objects from the TS3 store that made it fun for me. I loved having a wine cellar and the way aged wind grew in value.
    If they do Nectar making again, I hope it's as good or better than it was in TS3.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    launsdry_day_brainstorm.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

To be honest, I had forgotten about that brainstorm for the theme created by the team. Some of these will certainly be in it.
    This would be a great back for one of my sims if they brought over some of those hobbies.

Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Eco-Living, Spa Day, Movie Stuff (for the objects),
    are her packs. Nectar making is one of my favorite things to do in The Sims 3, but it was a combination of things, like growing my own crops using the farming objects from the TS3 store that made it fun for me. I loved having a wine cellar and the way aged wind grew in value.
    If they do Nectar making again, I hope it's as good or better than it was in TS3.

Nectar making is also one of my favourite things in sims 3. I bought world adventures because of it, although i did end loving the pack for a lot of other things. Nectar making was in depth and it made for great stories for my sims.
  • mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    I am hoping for cars. I don't see what other big features this pack could include and I do not want it to include farm life stuff because I want a proper pack for all of that with a new farm town with spacious and flat farm lots.

I would love to have a hippy commune vibe with glass blowing, jewelry making, and a pottery wheel, but we know that isn't going to be in it based on the knitting stuff pack vote.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    The only thing I like in the trailer is the chicken. The rest is just so tech oriented. We have robotics , scientist inventor station , enough high tech crafting stations in the game. I have zero interest in it. I haven’t touched the robotic statiOn from discover university.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    And we have ginormous telescope and microscope also potion making station in scientist career. What is this obsession with giant crafting stations ??
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    The only thing I like in the trailer is the chicken. The rest is just so tech oriented. We have robotics , scientist inventor station , enough high tech crafting stations in the game. I have zero interest in it. I haven’t touched the robotic statiOn from discover university.

It's not a chicken; it's a worm!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    From the trailer, looks like we might have juicing (or maybe even nectar!) and canning? So a new skill for preservation in general would cover those, along with the candlemaking skill.

Bug boxes - I'd love for them to be able to work with gardening, maybe having them work like worm farms because vermicompost is amazing fertiliser!

Solar panels and wind turbines - would like to see them integrated with the off-the-grid trait so you'd still be able to have power, while also having a lower footprint and no bills.

I think I caught a glimpse of a Vespa at one point. Yes please!

New market looks good. I guess it's more like a farmers market than the flea market?

Ladders - we had the off-the-grid trait introduced with IL but it was patched into base game, right? It'd make a lot of people happy if that was the same case here, with ladders coming in on EL but patched into base game! Also, this would be a good opportunity to introduce bunk beds, since they'd use similar animations.

Caught a glimpse of vertical planters! I'd love to see bonuses worked in with those, somehow. Maybe something to do with using less water? More plants in general would be great, too - how about comfrey as a green mulch? Could there potentially be an option to plant in devastated areas as part of rehabilitating them? (Gamewise, you could have an 'area of effect' - planting something restores greenery to a certain radius, or something.)
    @ryttu3k did you saw canning? I definitly saw nectar making!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Dragons. Maybe those "flies" we saw in the trailer are actually just tiny, tiny black dragons?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @telmarina not the actual process of it, but in the shot of the market space, there were definitely some cans there! There's one on the table with the orange sign, and a bunch up the back. Might be canned nectar/juice instead?

WUQSpxL.png
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited May 2020
    jimbbq wrote: »
    [..]The rest is just so tech oriented. We have robotics , scientist inventor station , enough high tech crafting stations in the game. I have zero interest in it. I haven’t touched the robotic statiOn from discover university.

I have no interest in those high tech stuff either. What's with the vacuum to clean up the pollution towards the end of the trailer? Why couldn't it just dissolve with the implemented community rules?
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    @telmarina not the actual process of it, but in the shot of the market space, there were definitely some cans there! There's one on the table with the orange sign, and a bunch up the back. Might be canned nectar/juice instead?

WUQSpxL.png

Oh yeah cool!
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I'd have liked to have seen PlantSims get an overhaul with this pack. PlantSims are the least developed of all the Occults and Eco Lifestyle seems like it'd present the perfect place to update them to at least be more in line with Ghosts and Mermaids, if not Spellcasters and Vampires.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

WUQSpxL.png

I don't have a screenshot, but in the Maker's lot version, I could have sworn I saw a distillery as one of the components. I hope that can be placed independently.
    edited May 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

WUQSpxL.png

I don't have a screenshot, but in the Maker's lot version, I could have sworn I saw a distillery as one of the components. I hope that can be placed independently.

Yes, i saw it too :) i think it can. In that image i think that the community space was being used as a makers place, where everybody can craft together without the need of buying the machinery. It gives me this Berlin vibes that i so much adore!
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I would like to see it sent back to hell. Nobody asked for this and I personally think that it's description should be 'Everyone sucks amd has destroyed the planet. Can one sim fix it? Probably not. But, you can try fixing and saving a world that is essentially a large trash pile and dying. How about after you fail, you go swimming in the waters nearby? '