Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the real reason EA choosed eco lifestyle voor this EP?

Don't get me wrong, the trailer isn't out yet. But has anyone ANY idea why they made this decision at all after island living, Tiny living etc.

maybe im missing out but did we asked for this?

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, the trailer isn't out yet. But has anyone ANY idea why they made this decision at all after island living, Tiny living etc.

apparently it was the second most requested "according" to a survey...I didn't ask for it...honestly, I would have loved if the farming expansion was true...-shrug- I didn't ask for it, I didn't ask for Tiny Living...

So yeah...
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Well we aren’t asked about every thing.

Personally, I and others have suggested to gurus to make this green living pack in the Ideas section of this forum.

And a lot of people voted for a pack like this when we were voting on The Community Stuff pack 1.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    This could be why. It was the second most voted pack in the first community stuff pack vote:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/920674/stuff-pack-gameplay-feature-vote-results

Some of the ideas they came up with during that:
    https://simscommunity.info/2017/06/23/the-sims-4-eco-living-vote-for-gameplay-features/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    People voted for it for a stuff pack, not a expansion. I don’t think people would have wanted a whole expansion based on that theme, in fact seeing people’s reactions I’m pretty positive

Am I the only one who wouldn't be angry IF this was a SP? Like a whole EXPANSION!?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    People voted for it for a stuff pack, not a expansion. I don’t think people would have wanted a whole expansion based on that theme, in fact seeing people’s reactions I’m pretty positive

Am I the only one who wouldn't be angry IF this was a SP? Like a whole EXPANSION!?
    LOL nope.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

People react like this literally any time they announce any pack, lol.

I'm not saying that folks can't criticize EA (I do all the time! I have complaints!), but "people are complaining the new pack isn't their preferred theme" happens with literally every new pack.

I think it's exasperated this time by the hoax farming pack leak where a certain sect of players got their dreams crushed, which I will fully admit (having been through similar myself) can be a pretty harsh feeling.

But it's still demonstrably factually wrong to say "no one wanted this", which people who didn't want this will say any time any pack is coming out ever.

I didn’t say no one wanted it. I said people voted for this theme for a stuff pack, but they may not have done for an expansion pack.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Honestly the more Ithink about this pack the more excited I am. I think it'll have some similarity to Island living which is my all time fav expansion. All my save families have moved to Sulani since it came out and I think this pack might work really well with their lifestyle. It's prob gonna be hard for me not to buy right away haha, but I was hoping to wait until a new game pack that I'm interested in comes out so I can bundle it... ugh, decisions haha!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm actually excited about this pack. I like the idea of eco living. I'm curious how it will be implemented though. I'm having a hard time imagining what they might do with it. I can't wait for tomorrow's presentation.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

People react like this literally any time they announce any pack, lol.

I'm not saying that folks can't criticize EA (I do all the time! I have complaints!), but "people are complaining the new pack isn't their preferred theme" happens with literally every new pack.

I think it's exasperated this time by the hoax farming pack leak where a certain sect of players got their dreams crushed, which I will fully admit (having been through similar myself) can be a pretty harsh feeling.

But it's still demonstrably factually wrong to say "no one wanted this", which people who didn't want this will say any time any pack is coming out ever.

I didn’t say no one wanted it. I said people voted for this theme for a stuff pack, but they may not have done for an expansion pack.

I think this is a good point. I didn't vote in that poll at the time because it's a stuff pack, IMO stuff packs are negligible, hardly affect gameplay and I never buy them right away.

But an expansion pack?! They should've reran the poll again and indicated it was for an EP. 100% eco-living would not have won, more people would have voted and opinions would've shifted as now we're talking EP's.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Looking at the options from the first community vote, it looks like this EP might be a combo of a lot that didn't win that vote.

- eco living/carbon footprint reduction (mentioned in the leaked potential description)
    - off the grid: wind turbine (and possibly other alternative energy sources)

the only thing we don't have a mention of yet is preserve making/nectar making.

So, real reason for this EP? I'm guessing the devs taking what hasn't been made into that SP and since the themes were easily combined, they decided to make it into a whole expansion.
    There's also a good chance that this was in the works before IL and very likely before TL.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    So Stuff Packs are classed as expansions now then? :unamused:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    Community vote aside, I think its because it fits in with the current world we live in. People are more environmentally conscious than ever, and eco-friendly products and activities are becoming more embedded in people's lifestyles. Or maybe that's why people voted for this theme before? It kinda makes sense to involve this frame of mind into a Sims game.
    giphy.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Community vote aside, I think it its because it fits in with the current world we live in. People are more environmentally conscious than ever, and eco-friendly products and activities are becoming more embedded in people's lifestyles. It kinda makes sense to involve this frame of mind into a Sims game.

This! It's part of the life of many many people nowadays. People with all kind of lives and all kind of backgrounds. For me it makes all sense to be considered in this game.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Community vote aside, I think its because it fits in with the current world we live in. People are more environmentally conscious than ever, and eco-friendly products and activities are becoming more embedded in people's lifestyles. Or maybe that's why people voted for this theme before? It kinda makes sense to involve this frame of mind into a Sims game.

Well more than half the world is in lockdown so the lack of flying and car use would not be happening have it not been for this virus going around...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Well more than half the world is in lockdown so the lack of flying and car use would not be happening have it not been for this virus going around...

That is true for right now. But even before the pandemic, the world has been moving toward renewable energy (solar, wind, water), removing the use of plastic, etc.

I think that's why the theme was voted for back then and as @ParmaViolet87 said, it reflects the world around us (well, for some, obviously, not for everyone).
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »

They needed more money so they burped up another crabby pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020

Not the only one. And I feel like we've already gotten this pack with IL and Tiny Living. It's just beating a dead horse at this point.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

That's the whole issue here. Though I did not, a lot of people wanted eco living, I saw people talking about it and begging for it on different sites. So technically they gave people what they wanted but I don't think anyone was prepared to have a whole expansion about it. 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    The community votes decided this wayy back, the denial is real in these recent threads.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Although I like the idea of Eco Living, I'd rather not have it. It seems a little too extreme. I'd rather have a medieval type living (Windenburg doesn't count). I just really want to be able to live in a medieval type setting, with only candles, no phone, period-accurate clothing, and the like. YES, I know about Sims Medieval, but I want a sims 4 Medieval. Wouldn't that be awesome?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    Although I like the idea of Eco Living, I'd rather not have it. It seems a little too extreme. I'd rather have a medieval type living (Windenburg doesn't count). I just really want to be able to live in a medieval type setting, with only candles, no phone, period-accurate clothing, and the like. YES, I know about Sims Medieval, but I want a sims 4 Medieval. Wouldn't that be awesome?

I would love a pack about the past, but I prob wouldn't pick Medieval times, I'd prefer pet dinosaurs type thing, haha!!!!
    An option to turn off phones would work very well in the Eco pack too though Ithink, it could fit in with an off-the-grid type lifestyle and so could candles.