Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living.. seriously?!

Comments

• aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    For anybody curious as to where I am getting my information, you can find it here: https://simscommunity.info/2020/05/05/official-the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-is-the-next-expansion-pack/
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I'm waiting for the trailer but I think a GP would fit this theme better.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    For anybody curious as to where I am getting my information, you can find it here: https://simscommunity.info/2020/05/05/official-the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-is-the-next-expansion-pack/

Thanks for the link.

As far as the pack, I will do what I usually do, keep an open mind and reserve judgement until I know more.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • slvrlipes82slvrlipes82 Posts: 344 Member
    @Karon their website already has the description for the eco lifestyle pack. The town is Evergreen Harbor.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I am very unsure about this...
    I am hoping it'll be kinda like a "modern take on farming" (if you know what I mean)....but really gotta wait for more info.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Play to change and make a difference in the new world of Evergreen Harbor.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    If they will do a pack about eco living, then I hope they take it seriously. I thought their depiction of helping the environment in Island Living was like hearing a kid's solution on how to help the environment, where you walk around the beach and stop all the evil people that throw garbage.

I hope that this pack will feature some gameplay changing mechanics if you choose to be more eco-friendly. And that these changes will come at a cost. There are reasons why you choose to be more or less eco-friendly in your life. I pay more for my electrical bills for example, because I want my electricity to come from renewable energy sources. But I do not own an electric car, because I cannot charge it at home, electrical cars are so much more expensive as well compared to a used car that uses petrol.

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    "Help your new neighbors decide on a Community Space Project, reduce your eco footprint, and watch your neighborhood transform. You’ll be surprised by what happens when your Sims start making the rules."

Could it be there's an option where the community could focus on something like greenhouse project?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’ve officially given up on TS4. Eco Living, are we actually serious?! Has ANYBODY asked for this? How difficult is it to read over forum posts and implement suggestions that are actually wanted? Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, but I feel like a lot of users get their hopes up only to be let down when a new pack is announced.

Actually yes, but it lost the vote to Laundry Day stuff lol
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'd like for my sims to have recycling bins and well, recycle though.
    logion wrote: »
    If they will do a pack about eco living, then I hope they take it seriously. I thought their depiction of helping the environment in Island Living was like hearing a kid's solution on how to help the environment, where you walk around the beach and stop all the evil people that throw garbage.

I hope that this pack will feature some gameplay changing mechanics if you choose to be more eco-friendly. And that these changes will come at a cost. There are reasons why you choose to be more or less eco-friendly in your life. I pay more for my electrical bills for example, because I want my electricity to come from renewable energy sources. But I do not own an electric car, because I cannot charge it at home, electrical cars are so much more expensive as well compared to a used car that uses petrol.

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I think this could be really amazing! I guess I'm in the minority. :)
    Count me in. I'm always looking forward to see what they manage to put together. I also love Island Living. I'm really just glad that things are being made for this game. The pricing is very reasonable as well (imho). It's a low cost hobby for me and my hubby appreciates that a bunch. Besides, I was never a want-want-want type of person :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I guess we're back to the mundane themes, then. :s

I won't judge it just yet because I've been pleasantly surprised before, but I honestly don't think this pack is for me. I don't even like the conservation stuff in Island Living, it gets in the way. This just sounds like more of the same. And judging by the wind turbine in the teaser, it's going to have (again) a very modern take on country living, so it probably won't accommodate those of us who need a good way to play more historical scenes.

I guess I was hoping for something more rustic and isolated and...bumpkin. Or Steampunk. But that's because modern realism bores me in gameplay.

Oh well. We'll see more about it soon.
    #Team Occult
    I’ve officially given up on TS4. Eco Living, are we actually serious?! Has ANYBODY asked for this? How difficult is it to read over forum posts and implement suggestions that are actually wanted? Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, but I feel like a lot of users get their hopes up only to be let down when a new pack is announced.

Actually yes, but it lost the vote to Laundry Day stuff lol

So, they take what was supposed to be a Stuff Pack and make it into an Expansion Pack?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Karon their website already has the description for the eco lifestyle pack. The town is Evergreen Harbor.

@slvrlipes82 really?! I'll take a look at it then! <3
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Count me in. I'm always looking forward to see what they manage to put together. I also love Island Living. I'm really just glad that things are being made for this game. The pricing is very reasonable as well (imho). It's a low cost hobby for me and my hubby appreciates that a bunch. Besides, I was never a want-want-want type of person :)

I'd have to disagree with you on the pricing aspect. I think it was more reasonable to price the EP's at a higher price for TS3, as the content you got in each pack was far greater than what TS4 has offered. Every TS4 expansion pack, in my opinion, has been very lackluster.. I think a majority of players will wait to buy this upcoming EP until it goes on sale.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Lol! Can never please this community!

I for one am wayy more into an eco pack than “country living” - whatever that means? And tbh, they owe us on the eco theme after doing us dirty with laundry day way back (not that it turned out bad, but what does washing machines have to do with an eco lifestyle?)..
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    "Eco Living" sounds more like a game pack... not an expansion pack. This is severely disappointing... I mean, it's still technically just a "leak", so I'm waiting for the official announcement, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Especially since these are generally the leaks that end up being accurate, sadly.

But yeah... I don't recall ANYONE asking for an expansion pack like this... I certainly didn't. Nor has anyone else I know.

I would've much preferred 'Country Living'... with farms, horses, chickens, cows, crops, etc. It would've also been the perfect opportunity to bring back werewolves!

Seriously though... 'Country Living' and 'Eco Living' are two themes that would fit perfectly well with each other as ONE whole expansion pack! But, then again, when has EA ever listened to their fans?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    This is great news! They had so many good ideas that lost out to laundry (ew), and now they're working on putting it all together into an expansion pack! I think that this is for all of the people who were upset that we never got a true eco living pack - if you look back through the first community stuff pack archived forum, you can see all of the great ideas of what can be included - canning, and nectar making, and reduced bills, recycling... the list goes on and on! This is awesome!
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm not really excited about this. Got my hopes up for coutry living and horses. Well, I want to see what it's like before judging.
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    I sure wish this was the fake leak and not the Country livin’ one. Where is fun in eco living themed game?
    It most definitely is a commendable lifestyle and something every person should in a way practice, but this game doesn’t need something like this right now with so much still missing.
    Maybe the trailer and more info will change my mind. We shall see! For now, I’m kinda bummed out!
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

Nope. I wasn't super interested in Country Livin', but now my interest is piqued. We were the first house on the block to go Solar, and while our waste management isn't where I'd want it to be, it's better than it has been.

Now, if they include farming (hydroponics? Aeroponics?), I'm completely cool with that.
    "Eco Living" sounds more like a game pack... not an expansion pack. This is severely disappointing... I mean, it's still technically just a "leak", so I'm waiting for the official announcement, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Especially since these are generally the leaks that end up being accurate, sadly.

But yeah... I don't recall ANYONE asking for an expansion pack like this... I certainly didn't. Nor has anyone else I know.

I would've much preferred 'Country Living'... with farms, horses, chickens, cows, crops, etc. It would've also been the perfect opportunity to bring back werewolves!

Seriously though... 'Country Living' and 'Eco Living' are two themes that would fit perfectly well with each other as ONE whole expansion pack! But, then again, when has EA ever listened to their fans?

Completely agree with you. I'm not entirely against Eco Living, but an entire EP focused on it seems like such a waste..