Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Country Livin'

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I’m keeping an open mind for tomorrow’s reveal. After seeing the leak I was excited for a country/farming pack which I really want, then it came out as an alleged fake post. The new official countdown appears a more eco friendly pack. Now I don’t know what to expect it may be an eco friendly and/or farming pack or something unexpected. Either way we will probably know tomorrow.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    Sorry but how on earth did this happen. Eco lifestyle as an EP???
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »

People made such a fuss that the eco stuff pack transformed into a mundane laundry pack, this is the guru’s overcompensating.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

yes...

I didn't really understand, maybe the footprint of managing a city // world may be interesting, but a good part of the community was expecting a farm, that kind of conflicts. I really hope there is something more than managing the world but I don't think so
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I wonder what the CAS/BB will be like for a pack like this?
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

People made such a fuss that the eco stuff pack transformed into a mundane laundry pack, this is the guru’s overcompensating.

I hope that the grim reaper object collection will come as a gamepack so lol
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    Sorry but as i already said: EA is shoving eco living througj our throats since washing day and island living. I really find it dissapointing that EA thinks that eco living is a great idea for a new EP because there is a lack in normal gameplay
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sorry but as i already said: EA is shoving eco living througj our throats since washing day and island living. I really find it dissapointing that EA thinks that eco living is a great idea for a new EP because there is a lack in normal gameplay
    Well with this pandemic and with us not being able to leave the house, it is nice to have a pack to remind of us of the outdoors and the effects to it. I think it is the perfect timing since by people not driving, the earth is finally getting some breathing room and recovery.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

I thought that was island living since it came with the off the grid and eco lifestyle stuff. This is Get Together 2.0 since it seems to flesh out what island living added, for another $40
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm so lost on what's going on, so I'll just wait for the announcement to see what's up. I'm hoping this'll be the farming pack people have been wanting since 2016, but it's seeming more and more less likely.

Honestly, I'm quite sick of the "eco-friendly" content. They already shoved that into Island Living with the conservationist career instead of giving us hotels. They added a whole off the grid lot trait to coincide with that pack. They had us conserving on space with Tiny Living (though since that pack released I found out that tiny houses are actually a thing in real life). I'm really just tired of it all. A real farming pack would have been so much better.

What I'm hoping for; an 'eco-pack' that's actually focusing on farming and being self sufficient. What I expect; a green thumb hippie pack about saving the planet from the evils of litter.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I'm so lost on what's going on, so I'll just wait for the announcement to see what's up. I'm hoping this'll be the farming pack people have been wanting since 2016, but it's seeming more and more less likely.

Honestly, I'm quite sick of the "eco-friendly" content. They already shoved that into Island Living with the conservationist career instead of giving us hotels. They added a whole off the grid lot trait to coincide with that pack. They had us conserving on space with Tiny Living (though since that pack released I found out that tiny houses are actually a thing in real life). I'm really just tired of it all. A real farming pack would have been so much better.

What I'm hoping for; an 'eco-pack' that's actually focusing on farming and being self sufficient. What I expect; a green thumb hippie pack about saving the planet from the evils of litter.

Sadly I am afraid there is NO farming in this, it is indeed a hipple pack about saving the planet lol!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Sadly I am afraid there is NO farming in this, it is indeed a hipple pack about saving the planet lol!
    Hippies like to farm too. ;)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    This looks like being zeitgeist inspired. Maybe there is also a sim version of Greta Thunberg looking grumpy and urging the other sims. I guess, just like the combustion engine aqua scooter in Island Living, there will be a nice V8 truck in this pack, so you can spend all your environmental savings again :D
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Hippies like to farm too. ;)

Well, I meant there isn't farming...;-;
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Looks like it could be fun! I just hope the gameplay functionality isn’t locked into a single world.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2020
    I really wonder how this will look in the sims4. Sure, I can make choices for a town to be more eco-friendly, but what does that matter when there are no effects for the sims I play with? They don't use cars or buses, they don't recycle and they buy ingredients directly from the fridge.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I wonder what the CAS/BB will be like for a pack like this?

I fear nothing country cozy like more modern and trendy. :(
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Looks like it could be fun! I just hope the gameplay functionality isn’t locked into a single world.

If the game play is supposed to have an impact on the world it will be locked. That’s how they did it in island living, and that’s how they will do it with this stuff if it’s as similar as it seems to be.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    This looks like being zeitgeist inspired. Maybe there is also a sim version of Greta Thunberg looking grumpy and urging the other sims. I guess, just like the combustion engine aqua scooter in Island Living, there will be a nice V8 truck in this pack, so you can spend all your environmental savings again :D

Zeitgeist is actually a german word. I am german and I just told my boyfriend about this most boring pack and he used the exact word (Zeitgeist).

I do support FFF, but I don't need a pack like this. Why don't they just call the game "Instagram Teen/Tween Lifestyle Game" already instead of The Sims?
    edited May 2020
    But guys, another cool thought I had (please don't get your hopes up though):

The description says something about moving into a community. What if we finally get the option to have multiple families living on one lot? So we could get a new lot type, "eco community" or something that allows more than one family to live on these lots, and what if we can actually make town houses work with that trait and build our own real apartments, etc.?

This would be AWESOME. Still: the pack theme sucks.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    why is everyone judging this when the trailer isnt even out. at least wait to be a negative nancy when you actually can see what's inside?
  • aurora333aurora333 Posts: 13 New Member
    Gutted, I got so excited for farming. Holding out for Novembers expansion.
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    why is everyone judging this when the trailer isnt even out. at least wait to be a negative nancy when you actually can see what's inside?

Because there was this survey someone dug up - it was shared some pages ago, and sorry: not really interested.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Welcome to the sims forum. I don’t think a new pack has ever not been judged on the name alone.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Because there was this survey someone dug up - it was shared some pages ago, and sorry: not really interested.

a survey is not the finished product.