Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Country Livin'

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sad that it's fake but I hope we'll get a farming pack anyway. They even have the same reflection at the bottom ! And the same printer name (with the numbers erased on the second one), which is indeed real suspicious.
  • SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    Leak season is upon us, so if no announcement, I’m sure we’ll get accurate info soon!
  • SpiddermouseSpiddermouse Posts: 23 Member
    It's a fake photo, but there might be still a pack in the works that includes farming. Maybe not the next EP but there is still hope for people that would really enjoy farming for their sims. Personally I would really go for a time travel pack and there have been a few hints for that as well. But I guess we will have to wait until real leaks and teasers appear.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    If this is fake why isn’t the team shutting it down, the backlash would be intense if we all think we are getting a country living and it’s future or something, they know this is one of the most requested packs so why have they let this speculation go on for over 12 hours, why haven’t they shut it down

I was wondering that myself. 🤔
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    edited May 2020
    Well, it's over.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    sorry but just can't get up enthusiasm for that. I've lived in a rural situation and...yeah. Not something I would choose and aim hate modern country music (Patsy Cline is not included in that category) but sows, cows, and plows, are not thrilling up close. But maybe it will be an interesting pack.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I don’t see how fairies, dragons or werewolves even fit in a country living pack.
    Dragons have more reason to be here than horses. I don't see horses laying eggs you can harvest. You can also ride and tame dragons as they get bigger, make a variety of habitats for them, feed them livestock, and kiss their snouts.
    There been nothing confirmed yet about eggs at all though or anything really. Why are you assuming harvesting eggs will be a thing?
    I’m only saying they won’t be in it based on their pack performances in the past, they’ve been lacking greatly and to suddenly hope they’ll have all this is just wishful thinking
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    > @Jinkx said:
    > Well, it's over.

what is over?
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    Urgh i am sad it is a fake leak... as i was really getting excited for farming... i have no desire for time travel, especially into the future... sigh...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I don’t see how fairies, dragons or werewolves even fit in a country living pack.
    Dragons have more reason to be here than horses. I don't see horses laying eggs you can harvest. You can also ride and tame dragons as they get bigger, make a variety of habitats for them, feed them livestock, and kiss their snouts.
    There been nothing confirmed yet about eggs at all though or anything really. Why are you assuming harvesting eggs will be a thing?
    I’m only saying they won’t be in it based on their pack performances in the past, they’ve been lacking greatly and to suddenly hope they’ll have all this is just wishful thinking

Seriously you guys, everybody knows the flower bunny lays the eggs in the sims. :)
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant (who originally posted the screenshot) claims that they found this IG story under the hashtag #TheSims.

However, nobody else seems to be able to find this story under the #TheSims hashtag. It’s clear from the screenshot that @FreezerBunnyCowplant were viewing the story from a personal account, as opposed to a hashtag story. If it were a hashtag story, it would show the icon of the hashtag on the top left instead of the profile icon of who posted the story.

Also, according to Target, a Target + Item is an item sold by a third-party company. It makes no sense for a Sims game to be sold by a third party, as Target is definitely going to sell it themselves.
    What is a Target Plus™ Partner?
    A Target Plus Partner is a third-party company that sells and ships items directly to you through Target.com and the Target apps. Target curates these Partners to bring you exciting brands and items you can order online. Target processes payment for items purchased from these Partners, and you can track items purchased from these Partners on your order details page.

I’d take this leak with a grain of salt, as based on @FreezerBunnyCowplant 's posting in the past, they really, really want a farming/country themed pack, giving them the motivation to fake this particular pack.

I agree with you. Although I have no clue how their system works, I do know stuff like this can be Photoshoped/created on a phone app easily. I looked at the old DU Target picture and there are options and info missing from the Target system:

0 on floor + 0 on back (0 on hand)
    EXF
    Find elsewhere
    Signs and labels
    Sales performance
    (Green plus button)

This is the same company's system we are talking about. All this stuff was on the DU screenshot before and unless when products are put in the system early it's mostly blank like that or you click a button (maybe the green plus button that's missing in this new photo) that makes all that info disappear; I wont get my hopes up yet.

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm surprised the sims team hasn't shut this down yet. But... I'm also not surprised. They let the community run WILD with speculations before the 20th anniversary until the day before when Frost tweeted that warning about us getting our hopes up too high.

This might be photo shopped but I think since they've not shut it down, that something with country living is probably coming sometime this year.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The leak sounds actually fake. But the hints from the future cube also get this country vibe...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2020
    If this is fake why isn’t the team shutting it down, the backlash would be intense if we all think we are getting a country living and it’s future or something, they know this is one of the most requested packs so why have they let this speculation go on for over 12 hours, why haven’t they shut it down

Because the company will risk creating the opposite effect, this is why companies don't respond to rumors. The best way for a company to handle things like this is to stay quiet, then people will lose interest.
    edited May 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Has anyone got a copy of the Zebra device leak of DU? This image (including the avatar top left) looks familiar enough to be a Photoshop troll.

OMG now that you mentioned it being photoshopped, this leak is 99.99% a photoshop of a real pic posted by a Target employee on the Target subreddit three months ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Target/comments/ew65l6/what_to_do_with_items_like_this_also_tried/

3s44u2eudxd41.jpg

EXMpDe5WoAAfed1.jpg

1. Obviously both say “Target + Item Return to Reverse Logistics”
    2. Notice how both phone screens have reflection on the top & left bottom corner?
    3. Most importantly, both phones show a time of 8:22 AM. What’s the odds of that?

So this whole leak is just a photoshop troll. No wonder @FreezerBunnyCowplant deleted their twitter account after I openly questioned the legitimacy of this leak yesterday.

You are right! it looks just like it and there is even a square glare in the left bottom corner and its too suspect that the printer info is at the bottom just like the first pic; it's gotta be the same exact zebra in the first picture!
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Sad that this is fake.

Does everyone want or expect a farm EP to have horses? Am I the only one that would be totally ok if it doesn’t?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    It's even got the same square lighting reflections from the ceiling light in the top reflection and finishes in the exact same place as the original pic (see the dots and the magnifier icons on the right hand side and the bell on the top left hand corner of the screen). If you look really closely at the printer number it's very blurry on the fake where they've removed it. Also (this one is a bit of a stretch) the numbers on the serial code are the same - they could have easily been swapped/copy & pasted.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I hope this is real. We sure need more normal, tech free stuff in the game. Plus people have been asking for a farming pack since 2016 and probably earlier.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    logion wrote: »

Because the company will risk creating the opposite effect, this is why companies don't respond to rumors. The best way for a company to handle things like this is to stay quiet, then people will lose interest.

They know what we are like though lol, we will just make a bigger and bigger deal of it so they should quash rumours now. The backlash would be bad I’d say
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    This is 100% real IMO. I don't know what to think. On one hand I know a lot of simmers wanted a farming/country pack so that shows that the sims team is listening somewhat. But on the other hand this gameplay doesn't really interest me. I was really hoping for a Generations type EP. I feel like we NEED a Generations EP for this game to finally have some substance and depth for all life stages that are struggling - Babies, Toddlers, Children, Teens, and Elders.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sad that this is fake.

Does everyone want or expect a farm EP to have horses? Am I the only one that would be totally ok if it doesn’t?

If it's a farm ep it's not related to horses. But I would be sad if there weren't horses, as it's something i really want. I was really happy because being country living both farm and horses would fit. But i also think this is a fake leak, so we're back to the future cube hints. Those were giving me a vibe of rural medieval times...
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Sad that this is fake.

You're not the only one. I couldn't care less about having horses but have wanted a farming pack for years.
    Jinkx wrote: »
    I really hope this is going to be a Courage the cowardly dog vibe of town

That's more strangetown lol.
    Yes! I’m so freakin’ excited for this pack! I hope it’s real... lol. I’ve been wanting this for years now. Hopefully we get to raise farm animals, horses, new harvestables (pumpkins I’m looking at you), a country fair/farmer’s market, new recipes (like pie or something), ladders(bunk beds), nectar making, candle making. It’ll tight in nicely with the knitting stuff pack too!

We'll be lucky if we get even 2 of anything you mentioned.
    Sad that this is fake.

You're not the only one. I couldn't care less about having horses but have wanted a farming pack for years.

It would be nice to have a farming pack with a lot of huge lots and the introduction of a semi-open world where you can go next door without hitting a loading screen.