Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need story progression in the game.

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,187 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
When I saw the possible option for story progression in the game. I was elated. Of all the things the npcs sims need it was this.We need have an optional story progression.The problem with four the npcs don't have life in the game.They don't get married, or have kids on their own.Unless you intervene they will die out.Another issue is they have no lives outside besides the sims interacting.We have sims outside that are supposed to be at work.Having the npcs have drama.Will make the world seem alive.

Comments

• GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Same here! the fact staff has gone from "We don't see SP becoming a feature" to actually being capable of voting for it is worthy of pointing out via loudspeaker.

SP (Story Progression) Should've been in the base game but if we have to vote for it, so be it, our games are so lackluster and 'Perfect' that nothing is a challenge, even piling up skills takes a few sim weeks because, with all the positive moodlets and boosts, there's nothing to bring it down in the form of drama/life changes.

Example being my current sims story, my sim has divorced his wife, moved out with his lover and living in a less than luxury home (he used to live in a mansion) and has breezed through the sad mood, ex is walking by every day and they chat with no problem between them, no bitter resentment, no negative moodlets sullying their relationship, it's that high five back to green mentality and in the sims, its true! Painfully true.
    Married today, divorced tomorrow and besties next week, there's no lasting effect which makes the healing process harder/take longer, there's nothing stopping them from getting back to normal when IRL, life isn't normal after a divorce, and if it is then the relationship was in a rocky place anyway.

The whole mentioning of SP makes me believe they've got it coded already, all set or near as possible before inevitable release, and to that, I wonder why they don't release it anyway with filters to turn it on and off, then simmers who want it have it and those who don't can just toggle the off switch and their games can go forth as they like.
    It doesn't sound all that hard which obviously it is, not a tech person myself but from watching my dad (He built PCs), it looks like absolute plum and I have no doubt staff are already up to their ears in work/simmers requests.

I just think that SP should be added regardless of the vote. Update babies/younger age groups and add SP while working on packs with the rest of the features we want, maybe a nice romance game pack, maybe something like ambitions where Everybody gets something nice added to their life state, it shouldn't have to be us begging/pleading for a feature we should have had from the start.

Our sims need a life! Otherwise, what are the sims?
  • ElizaG2016ElizaG2016 Posts: 35 Member
    Story progression is a must for me! I get so tired of repopulating my residential lots when all the NPCs in my main save get old and die out... and it's kind of depressing that no one outside my active households have lives. :/
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited May 2020
    As a rotational player, I don't want it. It was my biggest turn off in Sims 3. I would switch households and people had kids and some even left town early on. I hope there is an option to turn it off.

I really feel like there is bigger fish to fry when it comes fixing this game like uniqueness of sims, emotion overhaul, making traits actually mean something.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited May 2020
    keekee53 wrote: »
    As a rotational player, I don't want it. It was my biggest turn off in Sims 3. I would switch households and people had kids and some even left town early on. I hope there is an option to turn it off.

I really feel like there is bigger fish to fry when it comes fixing this game like uniqueness of sims, emotion overhaul, making traits actually mean something.

Plenty of rotational players in TS3. You can just turn off Story Progression in TS3 so nothing will change in your town. But at least we have that option. With TS4, you don't have much choices.

Incidentally, you don't seem to know what features TS3 has, but you have the whole TS3 section of this forum if you ever needed information about it or help.

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,187 Member

You know , you can turn it off @keekee53 .Thats why I want optional story progression.This is a big deal for me .
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited May 2020

You know , you can turn it off @keekee53 .Thats why I want optional story progression.This is a big deal for me .

I don't know because they have not implemented it yet. That is why I wrote I hope there is an option to turn it off. These guys are not real big on options in this game from what I have seen so far. I didn't see where they said optional either unless I missed it on the survey.

It worries me a bit. I didn't mean to hijack your thread with my concerns.
    Post edited by keekee53 on
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,187 Member

I don't know because they have not implemented it yet. That is why I wrote I hope there is an option to turn it off. These guys are not real big on options in this game from what I have seen so far. I didn't see where they said optional either unless I missed it on the survey.

It worries me a bit. I didn't mean to hijack your thread with my concerns.

It's okay, trust me I want to be optional too.Or only for npcs you haven't control yet.
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member

I feel you. In the survey they wrote the question as "story progression for unplayed sims", which makes me assume that as long as your household was marked as "played", any story progression wouldn't affect them. I hope. lol.

It's already really difficult to play rotationally in the Sims 4. The fact that you can't pause a season or a calendar so you're always missing events and holidays with your sims, for one thing, and keeping aging even between the played households and the rest of the town - I find that I always play one household with aging enabled for the rest of the town, and then I have to go into options and switch it off while I play the rest of my rotation. It's really not very intuitive :/

I do really want story progression for the rest of the town. I use MC Command Centre right now to keep it alive, but I'd LOVE a proper in-game system too. It's something we've honestly never really had in the Sims franchise before, without mods. Sims 3 built-in SP was broken, and Sims 1 and Sims 2 had nothing of the sort so... I'd love to see it.

But you're also right in that I think there are bigger things to fix first... Trait depth, uniqueness and character depth in general (#WhimsSuck), attraction system, interests and hobbies and actual negative emotions and potential outcomes for the sims... needs to happen first in my opinion.