Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird sims interactions with other sims?

Just curious what your sims have been doing lately.

The other day my easily impressed friendly sim, Arika, berated a genius housemate who she is best friends with for his ignorance.
It was so weird! People have berated her for her ignorance several times, most memorably her then only best friend during university who did this right after they had a class which made me wonder what the heck she did during class that deserved the outburst.

Maybe the harsh judgement is getting to poor Arika, then again she obtained a dirtbag reputation in university which she didn't deserve.
She kept getting invited to an all girl soriety house's parties almost every day and was constantly dared to do keg stands, streak, and woohoo.
Being also flirty and having a great sense of humor, I kind of see her as this friendly hedonistic hippie so yeah, she went for it.
Across the five terms she attended university, she might have woohood with about 8 different people in that house and has kissed various people but never was in any relationship.
Despite having the no jealousy reward, people still get mad at her when they see her kissing someone else. Sure, I can understand they may not be happy about it if their crush kisses other people, but she made no commitment so should not be getting that reputation. She's not cheating on anyone.
The game seems to be oddly puritan about that despite her constantly getting dared to do all kinds of wild things at parties.

Comments

• WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    The "no jealousy reward" is borked - got totally useless with some expansion pack and was never fixed. As soon as your sim kisses another sim, they are romantic interests and the other sim will get jealous.

If you want to stop that, the only way I know of is to go to the nraas website and download the mod we are not supposed to speak about. Starts with a "w". ;)
    It allows you to set the level of jealousy sims will experience.
    Or your sim will have to be really discreet, because sims only seem to react when they see what is happening. Not really the point at a wild party, though. :D
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I've never seen an explanation behind the "Ask to Leave Home" interaction that occasionally comes up when a sim walks in on another in the bathroom. I've never seen anyone actually leave the house so what gives? Was it axed from development but the string of text remained?
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 445 Member
    Well this same sim has been asked to leave several places. I think she made food at this sorority house when hungry because there was none.
    (while strutting around as sims do after woohoo.)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had something crazy happen when a save of mine got corrupted by the social worker taking my family's baby away.I had adults glitch to toddler height with their adult sized heads end up only being able to do cat,dog or toddler interactions while a toddler was able to be directed to do adult romatic interactions with what should've been his mum after that save became corrupted.I also had toddlers and children assigned to adult carrers in another save corrupted after Claire Usine's baby got taken away by the social worker after she died.That was the save where my parents couldn't be directed to go to work or get a job after it got corrupted.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

@TadOlson, sounds more like a CC or MOd problem rather then a glitches in the game program, corrupted, perhaps the sims didn't take to all the mods and CC.
    rather then the reg game being corrupted. A problem becasue of all the CC and Mods.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2020
    Tad's game corrupted on her before she started using mods. The mistake she makes consistently is that she attributes the trouble she had with the child care social workers and other built-in functions to just about everything else unexpected that the game does on other players.

None of the posts here suggest any kind of game corruption at all. It's just the game doing what it is programmed to do. And yes, the No Jealousy LTR does not always do what it is meant to do but that one is about how the sim's partner and romantic interests react to perceived cheaty behavior. Not complete strangers or those outside of any relationship with the sim. Reputations will drop and do all kinds of goofy things even if the sim is perfectly well behaved because they are based on what other sims think, not necessarily on what actually happens or has happened.

What the Leave Home thing is meant to do on a fellow resident when it is working correctly is push the target sim out of the house for a while, even if they only just sit on the curb with their head in their hands and then go back inside later, as sort of a cooling off, I can't stand to be around you right now kind of thing. It does not mean they are asking the sim to move out or anything like that. When it is used on a guest, yes I agree nothing really happens. Not sure if that was meant to be funny or not, I mean we can ask them to leave but they don't have to obey.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited May 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    Tad's game corrupted on her before she started using mods. The mistake she makes consistently is that she attributes the trouble she had with the child care social workers and other built-in functions to just about everything else unexpected that the game does on other players.

None of the posts here suggest any kind of game corruption at all. It's just the game doing what it is programmed to do. And yes, the No Jealousy LTR does not always do what it is meant to do but that one is about how the sim's partner and romantic interests react to perceived cheaty behavior. Not complete strangers or those outside of any relationship with the sim. Reputations will drop and do all kinds of goofy things even if the sim is perfectly well behaved because they are based on what other sims think, not necessarily on what actually happens or has happened.

What the Leave Home thing is meant to do when it is working correctly is push the target sim out of the house for a while, even if they only just sit on the curb with their head in their hands and then go back inside later, as sort of a cooling off, I can't stand to be around you right now kind of thing. It does not mean they are asking the sim to move out or anything like that.

@igazor Well to me something is wrong when an adults glitch to toddler height with their adult sized heads, are yiou kidding me, I have never had a adult the size of a toddler with an adult size head, that is not normal to me. you say None of the post suggest any kind of game correption its just the game doing what it is progrmed to do. Well I am not sure now what game you are playing, but I am playing the sims 3 and I have never seen a toddler size sim with an adult head. It is not a built in function o r even unexpected to have a sim the size of a toddler with an adult head. Perhaps I,m not getting this. but it sure sounds strange to me,
    Evalen wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »

What the Leave Home thing is meant to do when it is working correctly is push the target sim out of the house for a while, even if they only just sit on the curb with their head in their hands and then go back inside later, as sort of a cooling off, I can't stand to be around you right now kind of thing. It does not mean they are asking the sim to move out or anything like that.

@igazor Well to me something is wrong when an adults glitch to toddler height with their adult sized heads, are yiou kidding me, I have never had a adult the size of a toddler with an adult size head, that is not normal to me. you say None of the post suggest any kind of game correption its just the game doing what it is progrmed to do. Well I am not sure now what game you are playing, but I am playing the sims 3 and I have never seen a toddler size sim with an adult head. It is not a built in function or even unexpected to have a sim the size of a toddler with an adult head. Perhaps I,m not gettingthis. but it sure sounds strange to me,

edited May 2020
    @Evalen - You don't like toddler-sized adults? How very...uhm, not open-minded of you. (of course I am kidding here) :p

I'm sorry, I guess I was not clear enough.

Tad's game, from what she has described many, many times here and elsewhere, was corrupt. It was not because of mods, reportedly she hadn't been using them at that point. Then she had a different ongoing game corrupt on her in a different way and turned to mods to prevent that from happening. While 800 mod and mod-related files are not necessary to help prevent these things, she enjoys the setup she has and it all works for her.

What I meant was, the original poster and those who followed them at the beginning of this thread (not including Tad) were not talking about things that are evidence of game corruption. Poor reputations assigned to sims who have done nothing to warrant them are totally normal.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor Sorry, the thing that got me was that I kind of admire you for your info about the game and its problems, and when I read what you said, I couldn't believe what I was reading, Well I guess that's one on me. LOL. I'm Just happy You haven't lost it. :D Have fun, I'll move along and stay out of this.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @InfraGreen & @igazor - In my game, the Sims use the 'Ask to Leave Home' request at times which consist of severe agitation. For example, walking into a bathroom while it is occupied isn't enough to cause it. Walking into the bathroom while it is being used and either a) not leaving or b) doing some task like washing a dish is. Another time it has been used is when a Sim 'accidentally' erm...'disturbs' a particularly good woohoo session. I'm not sure, but at that time, they just may literally mean what they said :D!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @igazor: I've never seen a sim even go outside to the curb or even the lawn when asked to "leave the house". They just leave the room as normal.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited May 2020
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @igazor: I've never seen a sim even go outside to the curb or even the lawn when asked to "leave the house". They just leave the room as normal.
    Then you aren't training them right. You are supposed to give sims a reward when they do what you want and scold them when they don't...okay, I'm just making this part up. :)

What I am remembering is from a very long time ago though. I have not seen the behavior I have described as a reaction to that interaction lately. It is possible I am making this up too, but don't think so, or it got changed with some patch or other along the way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had the issues with the social workers because I came in after a Generations patch and the social workers were deleting children the wrong way causing the saves to get corrupted because sims being deleted wrong glitches the saves out and I didn't have Mods back then because I was new to the game.I don't know if a more recent patch did fix the issue I got when I started or it never was fixed so I just Mod those social workers out and replace them with playable ones that just take children to another household instead of deleting them and the child is still in the game and gets played in the new family.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg