Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Future Cube"? What can it be?

Comments

• SuccySuccy Posts: 29 Member
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I think self-organization hints at Off-the-Grid gameplay, as you literally have to do everything yourself without electricity or running water

I can see why you say this, but if you look at it from the perspective of self-organization as it is explained within the context of social sciences, a self-managed entity comprised of elements that are outside of the player's control, that's story progression. And that's something we don't already have. :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited May 2020
    981 is also a model of Porsche.

Pixelated -> maybe a tie in with vlogger Pixelade?

I’m still hoping for bands and orchestras!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I'm loving everyone theorizing and the more I see, but I think the future cube will be tips for this year's content, not just expansion, I need an announcement or another clue as soon as possible

• SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    I think we are going to get a teaser tomorrow, and an announcement Tuesday!
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    haisin wrote: »
    "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe."

This reminds me of the Town Musicians of Bremen fairy tale. There's a donkey, a dog, a cat, and a rooster and they are often portrayed on top of each other. Sounds like a farming pack :)

No - it's simply evoking several long-running signature Sims mascots: gnomes, llamas, freezer bunny, cow plant. Also, the Bremen Town Musicians were not farmers - they were musicians. IF it's referring to that fairy tale, it's hinting at bands (finally!). It also sounds like 70s van art.

Oh but the Town Musicians of Bremen were farm animals and the sims mascots remind me of these farm animals because they are on top of each other. Also in the fairy tale the animals scared robbers standing on top of each other, though robbers certainly aren't udder'ly impressive foe :D Anyway, I would honestly be surprised if it really referred to the fairy tale :smiley:

As someone else said too, the line also reminds me of someone carrying a lance and riding a horse into a battle which is quite a medieval image.
  • BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness"

Darkness EP/GP and Knitting SP

Maybe they're making Happy Haunts too? I hope so!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

That would be my dream!
    telmarina wrote: »

That would be my dream!

it would be super fun and the gamepack's timing would be in October, I don't know about you but I would love for this theme to come together in something very medieval.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe."
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want."
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion."

"udder'ly" in french version is "vrai'meuh" ("meuh" means "moo", cow sound), I would say Farm theme

fcxqperwiros.jpg

One of the garden gnomes (but which one?) is using freezer bunny as a weapon riding a llama

Their foe must be a cowplant: they have udders and they pretty much eat Sims when they are hungry.

I think this is a reference to tarot card reading; but Sim style.

#4 & 6 probably about the Community stuff pack because we vote for what we want.
    akaseven wrote: »

That would be my dream!

it would be super fun and the gamepack's timing would be in October, I don't know about you but I would love for this theme to come together in something very medieval.

Yeah it would fit really well!
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    I could be so many things...farming, future, middle age, fairy tale, space travel, psychology....
  • jornie_says_RaWrjornie_says_RaWr Posts: 1 New Member
    https://twitter.com/FCowplant/status/1257393873824944128/photo/1

Looks like its a farming/country pack

I just saw it, so does the cube of the future mention something about farm too? there were already some tips in past packages. If it is real it is quite possible that the trailer will come this week or the next
    edited May 2020
    Country living i think it's more expansive than farm. I think it will have farm stuff, horses, nectar making. The hints talked about candles, cows, ladders (barn?)...
    Country living i think it's more expansive than farm. I think it will have farm stuff, horses, nectar making. The hints talked about candles, cows, ladders (barn?)...

i hope so, the fact of being called country makes me question whether we actually have farms, I know what equestrianism we will have as horses have already been seen in the game's codes. I'm creating little expectations so if it feels good to actually surprise me. If in fact I came to farm and animals of the kind it will be one of the best expansions.
  • SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    Yeah, I agree!
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    Succy wrote: »
    I just went in game and had my sim ask the Future Cube about the future, and these are the results she got:

1. "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness". <--- reference to the upcoming community stuff pack?
    2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms." <--- any thoughts?
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe." <--- no idea
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." <--- that's just a message for all of us speculators :p
    5. "Your future looks pixelated." <--- thoughts?
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." <--- ???
    7. "Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas." <--- this one we need to research a bit I think!
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!" <--- if that's not a hint at ladders, then I don't know what is!
    9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future." <--- This sound like another upcoming feature. Inventory organization perhaps?

Please share your thoughts and any possible answers I didn't already discover!
    3 and 4 is maybe a reference to a farming pack? Udder’ly like cow’s udders is what I was thinking and because people ask for it so often.
    I think 6 could be something that was discussed or hinted at in the last Maxis Monthly - I’m not sure what though!

I'm sure the udderly-thing refers to the cowplant, but I may be wrong. I don't think every future cube quote hints towards the actual future of packs, but let's hope we'll get some tangible info soon!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Number 3 refers to the sculpture you receive from owning all TS3 packs, perhaps battling a cowplant or cowplant army.
    well, apparently the country leak is fake, so we return to the theory that we will have a package of the future? Before the cube, I strongly believe that the next expansion would still be on farms. Waiting until June will be very tedious.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    5. "Your future looks pixelated." <--- thoughts?
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!"

I hope 5 is body hair hint. You know, because body hair is the most visible on (almost) naked sims, and naked sims get pixelated. Unless you have some adult mods, but that's not the point here.
    And just the same, I hope 8 is a ladder hint.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
    I still think that the hints point to something rural or in the past. Including horses.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Oh I just got:

10. "The future is soon(tm)." Argghhhh! :D

"Future" means "Announcement of an Upcoming Pack" (which will change the life of our sims, their future life)

As I said 2 years ago, EA have their own Soon
    Cambridge Dictionary

soon
    adverb

in or within a short time; before long; quickly

EA Dictionary

soon
    adverb

in or within a few months; later; not plan yet
    It's a way to keep the spotlight while nothing is happening for a long time.

Well, don't forget 'Blizzard Soon', which is a thing since 2006 at least.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2020
    "3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe."

It was Don Quixote's attack on windmills :p

"3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe."

It was Don Quixote's attack on windmills :p

WOW! It is a true interpretation, I would not have cared about it. I came to think exactly how the echo was predicted in the cube of the future.