Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

moving sim to significant other

When you move a sim's significant other into their house (or vice versa), do you re-decorate to fit both sims personal taste? Or at least the bedroom they share? Curious what others do

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I usually don't do any changes.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I usually don't do any changes.

Same, no other changes than what I would usually do, anyway. If its a Maxis build, I will change everything that's cheap and "uncomfortable", and add stuff to make the build less bland. Usually that means plants and paintings. And maybe rugs.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I'd love to redecorate, and I do actually keep notes of each sim's favorite color/pattern/style, but I normally don't do this. The sim moving in might bring a few family photos and perhaps a couple other items, too, but I won't change much beyond adding those photos.

It's different if their mismatching styles is part of the story - say a neat freak moves in with a trash place. Or the story focuses on each sim's style and the blending of two styles is a fun challenge. But if they are very different, they would probably not become a couple in the first place...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yes. I play with multiple generations so, I do change the interiors depending on who's living there. However, I keep some furnitures if I feel that it suits their personalities.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm beginning to think I play far too shallow a game... your sims have personal tastes???!!

I currently have a single mum who is likely to get together with the single dad living next door - when I come to move her and her daughter in I would probably just make sure to add an easel for her and a drawing table for the little girl because they both like painting, is that the kind of thing you mean?
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I'm beginning to think I play far too shallow a game... your sims have personal tastes???!!

I currently have a single mum who is likely to get together with the single dad living next door - when I come to move her and her daughter in I would probably just make sure to add an easel for her and a drawing table for the little girl because they both like painting, is that the kind of thing you mean?

well I have a very girly girl sim who likes pastels and light colors who's boyfriend is very bro and masculine. I would assume he isn't as fond of pastels as she is. I mean, I have to add this kind of thought to my game otherwise it would get somewhat boring.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I had to actually think about this.

Short answer, I don't make any big changes.

I may make small changes, depending. If the SO has a career that needs particular items in the house that are absent, for instance, I'll add those.

But what thinking about this, in these terms, made me realize is that most of the style that goes into my decor, in any given home, is whatever makes sense to me, in terms of the architecture of the building itself. I don't plunk modern furnishings into an Edwardian house, and I don't put stodgy, ivory-tower, academic bookcases in a contemporary apartment.

My Sims show their own style mostly through wardrobe, less so through furnishings. My interiors are intended to make design sense of the building as a whole, be functional in terms of meeting needs efficiently, and beyond that simply aim to be nice enough to put my Sims in a good mood. When I bring an SO into the household, it's simply a matter of assuring there are enough chairs at the dining table, enough beds, enough seats near the TV.

That sort of thing. I may spruce up decor or rearrange furniture now and then, but that's just improving or keeping things fresh.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, after my alien's Sulani bf moved in, I catch myself using things from Island Living to make him feel more at home. I like for their home to reflect both cultures, so there are Sixam plants around as well :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    They best like what I like because I'm decorating for me