Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous is not working.

When I let my famous sim choose a job, and he invites producer and staff over, he doesn't get the call for going on the studio and is not being payed. It is so boring.

Comments

• MySimsHaveStoryLinesMySimsHaveStoryLines Posts: 4 New Member
    I've been experiencing this on Xbox One. People on PC are also having this problem. I don't think I can link anything right now but you can find a bug report on EA Answers HQ. They found a workaround that works for me and many others. Once you complete the audition, there cannot be a loading screen between then and the gig, meaning you can't:
    Access CAS
    Travel to another lot (You can do rabbit hole events, however. These do not cause a loading screen.)
    etc.
    You probably know what causes loading screens.
    Its boring, but at least you can actually do gigs. This might not work for everyone, but its worth a try. After you finish the gig, you can do whatever you want, but if you pass an audition, you can't do anything that causes a loading screen. This is basically a thread I saw paraphrased. it isn't on this website.
  • Noam345Noam345 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am now playing the sims 4 get famous too after I bought it today, but it has a problem on the day of the job sometimes it sent them to work and sometimes this is saying that there is job today but he does not send them to job can somebody help me?
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    When your sim is clever enough, he doesn't need to go to auditions. That is cool, but that is not my problem. My sim invites the producer and some coworkers, but he never gets the call to go to the studio, so he doesn't make any money.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    This didn't work for me. I tried it after I first bought it (a few months after release).
    Did they fix it and and it came back or was it never fixed to begin with? :/
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Classic EA. An Expansion pack comes out a year ago and when there's a problem with it they ignore it because it's not the money maker anymore. I thought this was a problem with my mods and was disappointed that I'd have to disable them if I wanted to do the Actor Career again (something I've only done once when it first launched and wanted to do it again). Now I'm even more disappointed to find out that it's not even my fault! It's just another broken feature!
    Oh yeah, and the whole career isn't much fun, when I can't go to the studio with them.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't know how this bug is still happening. The acting career is one of the most important features of the pack! I haven't played it for a long time, but i remember playing right when the pack came out and it was cool. Now im feeling that i don't want to play it again while it's broken. I feel that i don't take much more from the Get Famous pack without it...
  • animatedoodleanimatedoodle Posts: 12 New Member
    Also, the whole fame thing is really strange. Like for example, there is a famous lady she goes to the lounge a LOT, my sim knows her, they have had conversations while drinking at the bar or whatnot. And yet "Attempt introduction" is always unavailable. Sure you're a superstar lady, that's why you come down to the cheesy lounge I built in Brindleton Bay that dogs are allowed in? Like ALL THE TIME. It's just dumb and completely unrealistic. What you're too good to know my Sims name? ...
  • CirocbandCirocband Posts: 27 Member
    I pay on Xbox and my Sim goes to the audition but never to the actual gig.
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    [quote="DoodlyDoofus;c-17477619"]Classic EA. An Expansion pack comes out a year ago and when there's a problem with it they ignore it because it's not the money maker anymore. I thought this was a problem with my mods and was disappointed that I'd have to disable them if I wanted to do the Actor Career again (something I've only done once when it first launched and wanted to do it again). Now I'm even more disappointed to find out that it's not even my fault! It's just another broken feature![/quote]

There's a script mod by Brainblasted that fixes this bug with Sims not attending gigs in the acting career.
  • LCATMA423LCATMA423 Posts: 2 New Member
    There's a script mod by Brainblasted that fixes this bug with Sims not attending gigs in the acting career. Do this really work, because i am have the same. problem that my sim do not go to gigs. to tell the true i want a refund
    I just can't believe that the game/the actor career can't be fixed by those who make the game. I refuse to install mods just to have a working game!
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I have used mods in every edition of sims game I have played, because unfortunately EA has a habit of moving on to the next iteration of the game without fixing multiple bugs and issues with the previous one. I do agree that we shouldn't have to use mods to have a working game, however with the current trend it seems modders are more dependable to get fixes from than EA.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    JEHooks wrote: »
    Classic EA. An Expansion pack comes out a year ago and when there's a problem with it they ignore it because it's not the money maker anymore. I thought this was a problem with my mods and was disappointed that I'd have to disable them if I wanted to do the Actor Career again (something I've only done once when it first launched and wanted to do it again). Now I'm even more disappointed to find out that it's not even my fault! It's just another broken feature!

There's a script mod by Brainblasted that fixes this bug with Sims not attending gigs in the acting career.

Where do you find this mod? I tried looking around but I can't find anyone called Brainblasted
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    It seems as though the acting career is broken...very disappointing. I hope they fix it soon.

There is however a workaround this bug:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/m-p/8930411#M127294

"Cancel any stuck gigs you already have. You won't be able to complete them
    Get a new gig
    If you don't have the perk that allows you to skip auditions, you're allowed to travel until you have to go to the audition. I would make sure you're on the home lot before the audition starts.
    Do not travel, Go to CAS, the Map, Household Manager or reload the save game until you get the pop-up to go to work. No Loading screens allowed between the audition and the gig.
    It's no problem to let the the Sim go to the audition or other rabbit hole events. If you have another active career you play in that household, always send the Sim alone.
    Once you get the gig pop-up you can join the Sim at the set and do the task there. There should be no problem fulfilling them.
    You can then travel again until you get the next gig.
    You can save your game in between but not re-load or turn off."
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    If they are going to fix it on the patch before the new EP.
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    > @Onverser said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Where do you find this mod? I tried looking around but I can't find anyone called Brainblasted

I think I'm too new to the forums for the link to work, but here's the url: https://thefreshsims.tumblr.com/post/616054851635396608/acting-career-gig-fix

It fixed my Sims being able to go to acting gigs.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited May 2020
    I hope they fix this soon and not wait over a year like with street gallery for City Living. The work around is inconveniencing and the Sims need to get paid so they can pay their rent. It's also boring gameplay if your Sim has to wait to go an audition and then, wait again, doing nothing before the eventual gig. Especially, when they could be doing other activities off the lot or visiting other worlds. Otherwise, EA should at least shorten the wait time in between gigs until they fix this bug.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I just can't believe that the game/the actor career can't be fixed by those who make the game. I refuse to install mods just to have a working game!

SAME.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self