Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Favorite Edition of The Sims?

Comments

• WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    The Sims 2
    Best gameplay, best animations, best objects, best sims... it's gotta be Sims 2 ;)
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    I Have Multiple Favorites
    I play Sims 3 most often but I love the game play and style of both Sims 2 and Sims 3.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    edited February 2020
    I think mine was a close tie with Urbz on PlayStation(or was it GameCube?) and Sims 2 pets on PSP. The Sims 4 is pretty legendary though because your sim is able to multitask and the build tool is kinda easier. Whenever I play Sims 2 I'm always feeling disoriented when I have to build or when I tell my sims to talk to someone after eating haha. I would say Sims 4 is probably a close runner up in my heart... I would love it, if Urbz hairstyles and stuff were brought back to Sims 4- well we already have city living so I'll let that fantasy die for now...
  • sheyoncexxxsheyoncexxx Posts: 24 Member
    I think there are highs and lows of each game, we need a combination of all the games, graphics, gameplay etc and we would have the perfect game! I LOVE The Sims 4, but do miss old gameplay, I cannot lie! :s
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    I had a lot of fun playing "The Sims: Castaway". Just to be clear, I don't mean "Castaway Stories", which I never played. I would love to play another survival style Castaway game.
  • jkgoodspeedjkgoodspeed Posts: 38 Member
    It's a toss-up between Sims 1 and Sims 4. Sims 1 might actually get the nod, because it was the springboard into this addiction I call Simism! Plus, I found the looming threat of death for my Sim so much more prevalent, as any attempt to use my stove could be my last! But, Sims 4 has become my overall most played (time-wise) of the series. Sadly, I have very few memories of Sims 2 (which I owned, but rarely played) and Sims 3 just never reeled me in. Since I don't want this to end in a tie, I will give the edge to Sims 1!
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    The Sims 3
    There is something special about all of them TS1 was iconic not to mention when packs came out they were pretty much all expansion packs soo many items and gameplay added it was ridiculous

The Sims 2 was the same way and added even more touches of details I wish 4 would have like them actually pulling out utensils out of counters.

3 for me the ability to go downtown knock on somebody's door then go to a restaurant without hitting a loading screen was a game changer; however, some packs made 3 super laggy. But what I miss most is real active cemeteries and story progression.

4... Me and 4 have a love hate relationship, but the moods and how items effect a Sims mood was interesting to me.
  • KeithiaKeithia Posts: 22 Member
    The Sims 2
    [quote="Oldeseadogge;c-17380691"]Sims 2 by far! For more reasons than can be readily listed. Will simply say it is the version done with the most care and attention to detail, including the little things. This holds true for the sims themselves, game play, the options we have, tools to work with, and so much more. It took an already revolutionary game and pushed it to incredible heights. Not as frustratingly buggy/glitchy, either, and can easily hold the attention for hours at a time.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly! :)
    πŸŒ±πŸƒπŸŒΏπŸπŸ‚ β€œWherever life plants you, bloom with grace” 🌾🌻🌼🌷🌹
    πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€
    πŸ‘«πŸŒ²πŸŒ³πŸŒπŸŒ³πŸŒ²πŸ‘«
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    The Sims 3
    I only played TS3 and TS4 on a computer. I'd say TS3 for gameplay but TS4 for CAS (even though there's no color wheel) and build mode (I find it much more convenient but I wish we could build garages, attics, and have ladders, and split leveled builds).
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    The Sims 3
    Of all the computer games I've ever played TS3 is number 1 for me, and whatever comes second is faaaar behind. That's just the way it is since I first started playing it in the fall 2011, and I don't expect it's going to change any time soon.

Comparing only TS1 - TS4, all of them except TS3 have something in common that I don't like at all, and that is you can't go anywhere without having to sit through yet another boring loading screen. And then another... and another... and another... etc. etc. ad nauseam, ugh! :s

TS3 Open World, I LOVE YOU TO BITS!!! <3<3<3
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    The Sims 2
    The Sims had personalities, actions had consequences, there were memories, REAL emotions (like being sad for days when your parents split up) rather than an "emotions system," which turns Sims into clowns, and relationships, and animations, and UGH.

Could someone just update the Sims 2 with better graphics and release it already?
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 was my first Sims game, and is still by far my favorite of the series. I think it has held up well despite its age. I can get so into the game I lose all track of time. Sims 3 would be my second favorite and 4 takes last place. I love them all, enjoy all of them, but 2 will always be on top for me.
  • SimpleeSimplee Posts: 64 Member
    It has to be Sims 2 and Sims 3 for me. Sims 2 because it was the game that introduced me to the franchise and Sims 3 because it was the version of the game hooked me in! :)
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    The Sims 2
    The sims 2 is and to me , the favorite of the games.
  • PhloxPhlox Posts: 32 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 all the way - open world and infinate customisation options <3
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2020
    The Sims 2
    I'm not blinded by nostalgia. I weigh what is important to me then go from there. I have all of them installed. But the one I play when I do play is TS2. Even after fifteen years. That's not to say I take spurts of playing TS1 after all these years, which I still say is a very hard game to keep Sims focused and happy. lol I played it back in the day when I didn't know any cheat at all. It was hard. Interesting but hard. I'm glad they sort of eased off on motives in TS2, however, those are also hard if you don't know from experience how to get around all that without any cheats.

TS3 I played for a few years, too. But as much as I respect the huge, innovative ideas in TS3, I was always overwhelmed by TS3. Especially building. I couldn't be bothered to remember I needed some sort of rug (and a cheat) to be able to run a business etc. and other things that seemed a bit too complicated for me to retain in memory. I was never happy with the stoic expressions but appreciate them a lot more after playing TS4..with the overkill of too many changing expressions or even frozen Joker smiles.

There are things about them all that I like, and or appreciate, and wish were in the others etc. But I have to admit if I feel like playing any Sim game, I go back to TS2 rather than play the others. It is the one I know like the back of my hand, how to build, cheat and or play with ease even if things are chaotic and or hectic. It's the one that still makes me laugh and for that I have to say that is my most favorite , though the others have some very strong points as well. But personality of Sims has to be TS2.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I loved all of them as they came out but had to give up on Sims 3 but might go back from time to time. I couldn't get rid of the Store problems, having to download again and again. I currently play 4. It has its' drawbacks but I like building houses in it. I got the most fun from Sims 2 when looking back on them all.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    The Sims 3
    Of all the computer games I've ever played TS3 is number 1 for me, and whatever comes second is faaaar behind. That's just the way it is since I first started playing it in the fall 2011, and I don't expect it's going to change any time soon.

Comparing only TS1 - TS4, all of them except TS3 have something in common that I don't like at all, and that is you can't go anywhere without having to sit through yet another boring loading screen. And then another... and another... and another... etc. etc. ad nauseam, ugh! :s

TS3 Open World, I LOVE YOU TO BITS!!! <3<3<3

I definitely also really appreciate having an open world, especially as someone who creates YouTube videos. It makes less work for me bc I don't have to edit out the loading screens lol.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    The Sims 2
    The only one that has all the tools to keep me invested for weeks on end.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    The Sims 2
    I will say the Sims 5 if they do it the way I'd like it. If it has Sims 2 Sims, their personalities, their animations, and their own decent autonomy, attraction system, autonomy, etc. Sims 3 has the color wheel, ability to change anything, and huge open worlds. Both of these games had cars. TS4 has the best UI, has explored some interesting concepts, but is still lacking everything that makes its predecessors so great.

All the games have stuff that makes them great, and then stuff that isn't so great when compared to predecessors and sucessors. But, I will say in terms of gameplay (but not building or CAS), TS2 is where it's at. And, I am very new to this iteration of the Sims franchise. I just bought my copy in January.
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    The Sims 2
    I lowkey respect anyone who voted The Sims 1. The Sims 1 is absurdly underrated and gets overlooked in discussion because frankly, it's so dated and just super different from the other games. It's not intended to be played like the later games at all.

That said, 2 is my favourite and most played.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    The Sims 3
    Darquay wrote: Β»
    I mainly play the Sims 3 -- Love CAS and World Adventures! I really enjoy the open world feel and all the options on things to do. I do occasionally play Sims 4 and Sims Medieval but Sims 3 is definetly my favorite.

I have World Adventures but I must admit I've totally underutilized it :s Maybe I'll get back to it soon lol
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 nothing comes close to that masterpiece.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SomearylalaSomearylala Posts: 32 Member
    The Sims 3
    I mean I have Sims 4 but I really cannot get into it not even with mods or CC.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 for the basegame. Thought TS2's EPs were a little weak.
    TS2's base was hugely complex, but the features in the EPs were all very surface-level. Quite basic. Wasn't a fan of that.

Same issue I had with TS3, tbh, but 3's basegame was a lot weaker overall. Very little focus in the basegame for actually playing a Sim at home, too much emphasis on getting our Sims out of their house... to visit rabbit holes.
    wJbomAo.png