Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Marketing has gone too far

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Finally...
    I got a pop-up where the picture matched the pack that was advertised (My First Pet stuff and the picture matched).
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sadly this is nothing new as once the sims 3 finished they had all sorts of advertisements for all the store content within the game and the launcher (which still shows an advertisements to try the sims 4 with cats and dogs ugh). Yes you can disable it, but sadly the damage was done. And it seems they wanted to continue with this process. It was disgusting to me then and it still has a bad taste in my mouth now.

I’d bet when TS5 comes around, TS4’s main menu will have it enlarged front and center every time you boot up the game, just like the packs are presently.

Personally, I think it’s unnecessary. People will buy or not buy regardless.

Exactly there's no point flaring in around in people's faces when some of us have what we want in our games already and certain packs we just aren't interested in
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Yes, this is getting very annoying, and doesn't work in a positive way.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    I own every pack but still get those pop ups :/
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Yep, I hate the advertising in a game, I've already paid hundreds of dollars for.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    The ads are obnoxious and intrusive. Personally, I don't want to buy any packs so long as this pop-up "feature" exists without a way for the customer to turn it off.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2020
    I think what makes it worse is that the pop ups were completely unnecessary. The little icons are "greyed" out and they show when they go on sale underneath. There is also the fact that the area that use to show what pack you purchased is replaced by this "buy now" screen. I miss being able to flip through the pack artwork on the main menu screen. Now it's just stuck at discover university and that wasn't even the last pack I brought. Bummer :'(
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Probably TS4 is selling so "well" right now :)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Somehow my main menu is broken and I don't see any pop ups. I am pretty happy about that LOL
  • Options
    rune1973rune1973 Posts: 15 New Member
    it is kinda annoying it just pops up then you have to go click it off should be a option to stop it you will buy one when you buy one.
  • Options
    GithernGithern Posts: 75 Member
    This isn't big enough to cause outrage. It won't stop unless you can get Battlefront level Outrage. It'd be better to pick on something that actually needs changing. Like, you know, maybe the lack of challenge should be a sticking point enough to cause outrage?
    Ewkward
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Githern wrote: »
    This isn't big enough to cause outrage. It won't stop unless you can get Battlefront level Outrage. It'd be better to pick on something that actually needs changing. Like, you know, maybe the lack of challenge should be a sticking point enough to cause outrage?

I don't know why you came to my post to be negative and unpleasant. I have many complaints about this game and this is only one of them. If this isn't a problem for you, then why are you here? Also, I posted this months ago, so you're a little late :p
  • Options
    itmefbitmefb Posts: 1 New Member
    I am really disappointed by this. I didn’t find it to be overly annoying until it hit midnight last night and I wanted to build a bundle, and found out I was unable to. It didn’t say that it was because Eco Lifestyle was new, it said it just wasn’t available just yet. Now I found out I won’t be able to bundle for a few weeks?? I often buy packs full price when they come out, but seeing as I lost my job 3 months ago, I was hoping to save. Just another clear example that EA and the Sims marketing team care more about their message and less about their actual players.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Well that would get annoying very quickly, it's like those intrusive ads that take up most of screen and no matter how many times you x out it keeps coming back. I already block ads online, are we going need a ad blocker for the game now? Lol
    giphy.gif

• Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    🙄🙄🙄

Wow just click off of it.
    Let those that pay full price for packs float your wait for sales.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    In my opinion it's not a big deal, it was much worse in TS3. Ads pushing you to buy new content from the sims store was always at the top of CAS, in the world selection it showed all the worlds from the store you don't have, even in build-buy there was ads pushing sims store content and even on the launcher there was ads about the sims 4 and other content.
    A few non-intrusive graphics about other packs on the main menu instead of pictures of the packs you have really doesn't bother me
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    In my opinion it's not a big deal, it was much worse in TS3. Ads pushing you to buy new content from the sims store was always at the top of CAS, in the world selection it showed all the worlds from the store you don't have, even in build-buy there was ads pushing sims store content and even on the launcher there was ads about the sims 4 and other content.
    A few non-intrusive graphics about other packs on the main menu instead of pictures of the packs you have really doesn't bother me

Yes, but you can turn those adds off.
  • Options
    🙄🙄🙄

Wow just click off of it.
    Let those that pay full price for packs float your wait for sales.

No offense, but the rolling eyes emojis is a bit rude. Just because you don't find it annoying doesn't mean others do. And again, if you don't find it annoying, why did you comment on this thread?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Deleted